Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

JetsFanatic

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love for the Jets that he is going to the NFC 

I love for teddy that he might take over for Brees some day. He is in a good place. 

It's somewhat beneficial for the Jets to have a clean QB room with no drama going into the season. 

Perfect scenario the Jets hold their water and try to get better value later but I can live with it because **** this stupid Bridgewater sh*t did you guys hear Darnold is STARTING!?!? 

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

While I have been one of Macc's biggest critic's on these board's and I would not be sorry too see him gone this is a good deal. Not great but it's adequate for TB. I will take it. TB was never going to sign here and to get anything for him is a plus.

It’s an ok move.  A third is about FMV for a guy like Teddy plus a 6th round pick

Just now, Larz said:

I love for the Jets that he is going to the NFC 

I love for teddy that he might take over for Brees some day. He is in a good place. 

It's somewhat beneficial for the Jets to have a clean QB room with no drama going into the season. 

Perfect scenario the Jets hold their water and try to get better value later but I can live with it because **** this stupid Bridgewater sh*t did you guys hear Darnold is STARTING!?!? 

Maybe if Teddy signs another 2-3 one year extend deals he takes over for Brees someday

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Maybe if Teddy signs another 2-3 one year extend deals he takes over for Brees someday

I can’t see him waiting and I can’t see the Saints affording him. He can probably get $20 mil/per on the open market from someone. I know it sounds crazy but the open market is in fact crazy. 

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

And by doing so take up a roster spot on the 53 man

IF no starter gets injured then what? Let him leave via FA?  Jets won't get a comp pick (in 2020 mind you) because with all their cap $$ they'll be signing more UFA's then losing next yr. 

Mcc can now use that 3rd to package, if necessary, for a pass rusher and / or OT within the next week

A 6th? Do people not realize we have drafted six players from the 6th round the past 2 drafts? (McGuire, Clark, Jones, Nicholson, Cannon & FF)

You can recoup a 6th by trading down a few slots in the 4th or 5th..

Doesn't even have to be no one gets hurt.  Is no one in a contender gets hurt. He also had to get hurt early when there's still time to learn a new system, get timing with new WRs.  

To the post earlier about Bradford to Minny, they had a playoff roster and not a single decent QB.  Early and desperate.  And he didn't have a one year deal.  No other team for that bill currently.  

Curious what happens to TB in NO.  If Brees doesn't retire is TB resigning with NO?   

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do not hold either player in high regard.

I don't agree with you.  

As stated, I clearly hold a different viewpoint than you on the value and quality of the #2 QB position in our specific scenario.

As stated, I do not hold the player in high regard.

I hope someone more appealing shakes loose.

You do not hold Wolford in high regard?  Based on what?  Your extensive film study?  As I said, he is probably gone after tonight, but I can pretty much guarantee that you have not seen him in mini-camp and I'd wager you know little to nothing about him as a prospect.  Yes he probably is another undersized QB that will quickly disappear from the NFL landscape, but saying it sight unseen would easily have dismissed Kurt Warner and Tony Romo. Kind of silly to blast the front office for keeping the kid when 1. you don't know they are keeping him and 2. you have likely never seen him play. 

Teddy is on 1 year deal and was never going to resign with Darnold on team. 

Mac traded a future 6th rounder and $500k for a future 3rd rounder. That's it. No other iterations. No need to wait to see. It doesn't matter if bridge become the greatest QB of all time. He was not going to be a Jet in 2019. When the Jets drafted Darnold it was all in. 

So again. Jets paid bridge 500k and gave up a future 6th round pick for a future 3rd round pick. 

Look, Mac has been extremely lucky with his QB situation thus far this offseason.  Lucky to have Cousins  pass on him, lucky to have Cleveland take Mayfield, lucky that the Giants took Saquon.  The only thing he could have gotten luckier with is if a starting QB on a contending team got hurt during this pre-season.  It didn’t happen, he flipped Bridgewater for 3rd and is moving on with Darnold.  Good move overall considering the QB landscape.  He could NOT hold onto Teddy into this season waiting for an injury, that would have been irresponsible and foolish.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

We won't know if this is a good or bad trade for quite some time.  Far too many variables to make such a determination today.

What is quite some time?  The only way it is bad is if Darnold gets hurt or shows he isn't starter material early enough that they would have put Bridgewater in and it has to happen early enough for Bridgewater to show he is worth a franchise tag which will be north of $25M.  What are the odds of that?  Oh, Bridgewater also has to be ahead of McCown to go in the game. He likely isn't and I don't think his camp performance has him ahead of McCown. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

What is quite some time?  The only way it is bad is if Darnold gets hurt or shows he isn't starter material early enough that they would have put Bridgewater in and his has to happen early enough for Bridgewater to show he is worth a franchise tag which will be north of $25M.  What are the odds of that?  Oh, Bridgewater also has to be ahead of McCown to go in the game. He likely isn't and I don't think his camp performance has him ahead of McCown. 

Exactly, people act like the Jets had TB on a 10 year contract and didn’t just trade away multiple picks to move up for Darnold.  Teddy was draft insurance for the Jets getting a QB.  

26 minutes ago, darkprime said:

I was really hoping we could have traded him with a 1st for Mack.  :(

That wasn't going to happen. If TB was signed for more than 1 season the return would have been greater but even then that would not have been enough to get Mack. That was a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

They should do this.

I would love it if Macc would do the contracts and Heimerdinger would handle everything else. The guy is too valuable too lose IMO and will make someone a damned fine GM one day. Just hope its here.

I don't get the rush. We should’ve waited until somebody needed a QB to start for them. Time will tell, but there was no harm in holding on to Teddy the entire year either and hoping to get a mid round comp pick back anyways. He was the insurance policy and potentially a 2nd round worth trade chip if we had played this right. TB did everything he could to prove he’s the same QB prior to the injury. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

I don't get the rush. We should’ve waited until somebody needed a QB to start for them. Time will tell, but there was no harm in holding on to Teddy the entire year either and hoping to get a mid round comp pick back anyways. He was the insurance policy and potentially a 2nd round worth trade chip if we had played this right. TB did everything he could to prove he’s the same QB prior to the injury. 

The rush is pretty simple.  He could get hurt.  They already decided to start Darnold.  They have to start paying him after this week.  He is "potentially worth a 2nd" and you are going to complain they got a 3rd? 

59 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Teddy is on 1 year deal and was never going to resign with Darnold on team. 

Mac traded a future 6th rounder and $500k for a future 3rd rounder. That's it. No other iterations. No need to wait to see. It doesn't matter if bridge become the greatest QB of all time. He was not going to be a Jet in 2019. When the Jets drafted Darnold it was all in. 

So again. Jets paid bridge 500k and gave up a future 6th round pick for a future 3rd round pick. 

facts

47 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Respect this opinion but be bought low. The stock has skyrocketed. I would have waited. We won on a good signing, just don't like what we got compared to what I think we could have.

His stock would have dropped if he wasn't the starter for us.  Sitting on the bench wouldn't increase his value much.  He'd become "out of sight, out of mind".  MAYBE some team out there has a QB get a major injury, but even then, I don't think we would have gotten much more out of Teddy.  A 2nd, probably.  

This was a fine decisions at a good time.  Now we don't have to have 3 QB's active on gameday.  That's a tough thing to have to do when you can only activate 45 players on gameday.  

Archived