Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

JetsFanatic

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How well Darnold turns out VS how much Teddy can come back ... Is the only.equation that will be taken into account when this trade is evaluated

Darnold is now officially under the microscope.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If Teddy B lights it up in NO and Darnold somehow flops ... Us not extending Bridgewater's contract for something like 12 mil a year for 3 years will definitely define this trade as a failure.

Lol...how so?  Bridgewater was never going to be on this team beyond this year.  

53 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The rush is pretty simple.  He could get hurt.  They already decided to start Darnold.  They have to start paying him after this week.  He is "potentially worth a 2nd" and you are going to complain they got a 3rd? 

They got a net of 4th. Massive difference between a 4th and 2nd. Just like he could get hurt being a bench player, I’m pretty sure other NFL QBs that are starting are at a much higher risk of getting hurt, which would’ve helped our cause and if it didn’t, there was no harm keeping him and netting a 4th round comp as opposed to trading and getting a 4th round pick 

This board in a nutshell:
-Teddy Bridgewater traded, 17 pages of comments (as of this writing)
-Sam Darnold named starter, 3 pages of comments (as of this writing)
Stuff you just can't make up.

We already knew Darnold was going to start that wasn't news anymore. We also knew teddy was going to be traded but we didn't know to who and for what.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

A compensatory pick is not a late 3rd or late 4th round pick.  Comp picks are between end of round 3 and end of round 7.  Bridgewater and McCarron on their current deals are worth 6th rounders, if they are not cancelled out.  The idea he is a sure fire 3rd is misguided. 

Besides, as people have been saying all along, with the Jets cap space they will be buyers, not sellers and likely would have any comp pick cancelled out.  They weren't getting a comp pick anyway, but even if they got the best available it would be in 2020 and therefore worth a round lower.  

I understand that.  However its fair to say a young qb would likely fetch a not insignificant contract on the open market, which is why I wouldn't put his comp draft baseline value lower than the late 4 (and possibly a late 3).  Your point is well taken that the Jets would likely have not fetched a comp draft pick due to their rebuilding process, and indeed that's why it was a good trade for both teams.  However, the net value we got was a little less than advertised.  It is as I said the difference between a third round in 2019 vs a late 3rd or late 4th in 2020

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If Teddy B lights it up in NO and Darnold somehow flops ... Us not extending Bridgewater's contract for something like 12 mil a year for 3 years will definitely define this trade as a failure.

That’s nonsense. 

He must be reading this thread

Damien Woody (@damienwoody)

8/29/18, 5:36 PM

Some of you Jet fans stay b*tchin bout something. If the Jets had flipped Teddy for a second then it’s ‘well we should’ve held out for a first’. Can y’all be happy for once?!

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Some of you Jet fans stay b*tchin bout something. If the Jets had flipped Teddy for a second then it’s ‘well we should’ve held out for a first’. Can y’all be happy for once?!

Exactly, imagine if Mac didn’t trade him like some here wanted and he walked away with nothing.  

Just now, C Mart said:

Mr woody is just one man with an opinion like everyone else. No need to quote him. He is above noone

its not like keith richards chiming in on guitar advice

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would love it if Macc would do the contracts and Heimerdinger would handle everything else. The guy is too valuable too lose IMO and will make someone a damned fine GM one day. Just hope its here.

Do you know what Mcc does day to day?What Heimerdinger does day to day?  

And I’d guess Heimerdingers first 1st round pick, 1st FA signing flop, 1st 7th round pick bust would be criticized like every other Jets GM. 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Was sup D Wood! Hoping you good my big beautiful brother.  To answer your question ? Ahhhh. F-Nah ever 

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I would have been pissed if he traded Teddy for K Mack. Any GM worth his salt would get a 1st in addition to Mack.

14 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

A real 200k is better than an imagined 300k.

Apparently I have to be literal with this one.

We made a "profit" on Bridgewater but we still undersold his value (market value + Darnold bust insurance)

I'm happy with the trade but would have preferred to keep the 6th.  The patience thing is a thought as some team will lose a starter early and then we may have been able to get more.  I am not worried at all about bridgewater making us look bad with a stellar 10 year career though.

52 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Do you know what Mcc does day to day?What Heimerdinger does day to day?  

And I’d guess Heimerdingers first 1st round pick, 1st FA signing flop, 1st 7th round pick bust would be criticized like every other Jets GM. 

Well Macc excels at writing contracts or at least that looks to be the case. Heimerdinger hammered out the Colts deal that netted Darnold as was reported. Just going by what I've seen and read from numerous sources. Why not have them work from their strengths?

We paid $1 million to give Macc a 3rd round pick. Let's see what Macc has gotten in the 3rd round thus far:

AS HEAD OF COLLEGE SCOUTING FOR TEXANS:

2012: Devier Posey, Brandon Brooks

2013: Brennan Williams, Sam Montgomery

2014: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Louis Nix

AS GM NYJ:

2015: Lorenzo Mauldin

2016: Jordan Jenkins 

I count one solid contributor (Brandon Brooks) who only emerged after Houston let him walk in FA.

We paid $1 million AND lost Darnold bust insurance (and a 6th, not that it matters) to get NOTHING.

Horrendous deal.

It's amazing that the Cult of Darnold has reached such a fever pitch that even being unhappy with McCown or Whathisface as the #2 QB is now considered Anti-Darnold blasphemy, and grounds for Buttfumbles, lol.

I sure hope Darnold's play is worth putting up with the Cultist Contingent.

Archived