Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

JetsFanatic

we all know mac will turn that pick into another guy that busts out

should have kept teddy and moved josh for a cookie

having teddy and sam around for the next 5-7 years would have been a great situation for us

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 3rd round pick is fantastic! Had we kept him on the roster we are wasting a roster spot on somebody who isnt our future and as the season goes on if nobody gets hurt maybe we don't even get a 3rd.  If this was a championship team then we keep Bridgewater as insurance but that's not the case.  This was always about getting a solid pick and keep building for the future.

Not terrible. It’ll be a late three, but it’ll do. Could have possibly extracted more from a team whose QB will go down between now and week three, but whatever. I’m curious to see what Todd does with the empty roster spot. My guess is that it goes to Juston Burris for a few weeks until Ardarius Stewart gets back from suspension

Good move. Only paid Teddy $500k and got a 3rd round pick for him.

Allows the Jets to just carry 2 QBs on the 53 in Darnold and McCown, freeing a roster spot to keep an extra player elsewhere such as Xavier Cooper on DL or Peake at WR.

Wolford can go to the PS to run the scout team and hopefully develop into Darnold's future caddy.

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wow. Home run by Mac. Couldn’t have scripted this better. 

Yes you could have, but considering it is us, a 3rd is ok. You telling me Sam Bradford is better than Teddy? Phl got a #1 for the always injured stiff who is playing god knows where this season, and all we could garner was a 3rd? This is why I think we did this too soon. Devil's advocate would say what if no other QB gets hurt, we get nothing. To that I do agree, still have an empty feeling..

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we all know mac will turn that pick into another guy that busts out

should have kept teddy and moved josh for a cookie

having teddy and sam around for the next 5-7 years would have been a great situation for us

Great but impossible. 

Archived