Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

JetsFanatic

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Holdout for more and if a starter is injured you have more leverage, what was the rush. 

And potentially pay him $5M in salary and get nothing in return. 

A third round pick in the hand is better than two in the bush. 

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

The rush is

1. Wasting a roster spot on someone we know how 0 future here.

2. If Darnold struggles, the last thing we need is guys like you calling for Bridgewater. 

3. If you wait and nobody gets hurt that is a kegit contender and you risk the 3rd rounder. 

Great minds.....

What up, Locke?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Bridgewater and a 6th round pick to the Saints for a 3rd 

I stand by my opinion Macc got hosed. 

This is a ridiculous opinion.

No team is going to give much more than that considering they could have had him simply for money a few months ago, and hasn't played a real down in 2 years.

Mac sucks, but this is fine.

1 minute ago, slats said:

The trade deadline in the NFL is weeks away a lot can happen. 

No worries I'm more excited about Sam Darnold. 

Just now, LockeJET said:

The rush is

1. Wasting a roster spot on someone we know how 0 future here.

2. If Darnold struggles, the last thing we need is guys like you calling for Bridgewater. 

3. If you wait and nobody gets hurt that is a kegit contender and you risk the 3rd rounder. 

4. Good chance having Bridgewater go out there tomorrow night behind Qvale gets him broken into tiny little pieces. 

I was looking for a 2nd-4th rounder for Bridgewater so a 3rd is right in the
sweet spot.  Is Maccagnan looking to now spin that pick into Shane Ray,
Dante Fowler or someone else we don't know about?

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Man I haven't seen this username since my JI days.

Yep, I had a feeling Mac had to give up a late rounder. Oh well, he's had 3 6th rounders every year here and hasn't translated to much, so might as well.

lol, its great to see some old familiar faces round here!

Best part is the people who didn't change one bit whatsoever, gotta love it.

39 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we all know mac will turn that pick into another guy that busts out

should have kept teddy and moved josh for a cookie

having teddy and sam around for the next 5-7 years would have been a great situation for us

No way Teddy would want to re-up with us, he knows Sam is the guy for 5+ years.

NO gives him a chance to start in the near future. Good move for all sides IMHO.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Holdout for more and if a starter is injured you have more leverage, what was the rush. 

Genuis GM?  No just a fan how about you someone who likes to personally attack others for their opinion. 

Hosed implies a horrible outcome.  Hard to see how a 3rd is getting hosed.  maybe a little less than what you wanted.    a 6th round is getting hosed.  a bag of footballs is getting hosed.  

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

If you took that as a personal attack you need to toughen up. 

There is a very specific and simple reason you trade him before the season. You don't want him on the bench for fans to clamor for if Darnold struggles. 

There are other reasons.  This is a guy that suffered a "combat wound" from non-contact.  The second that there is even a hint of knee soreness, his price drops.  

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

Hosed implies a horrible outcome.  Hard to see how a 3rd is getting hosed.  maybe a little less than what you wanted.    a 6th round is getting hosed.  a bag of footballs is getting hosed.  

Ok we see how it ends the results will be determined by what we do with the pick. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Genuis GM?  No just a fan how about you someone who likes to personally attack others for their opinion. 

Or the season starts, they pay him his five mil, he reinjures his knee and you get nothing for him.  Sometimes the bird in the hand is the way to go.

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

I stand corrected I had to go find the posts it was philc I owe JoeWilly and apology 

No harm no foul its all good. 

Great day to be a Jets fan our rookie QB sensation is the starter!!!!!!  

The last 3 years have been old re-tread NFL losers. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Remember when a certain poster on this site swore that Teddy was only worth a fifth round pick?

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Man I haven't seen this username since my JI days.

Yep, I had a feeling Mac had to give up a late rounder. Oh well, he's had 3 6th rounders every year here and hasn't translated to much, so might as well.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The sixth rounder is just window-dressing. Getting a third rounder is OK all things considered. This had to be about the money left on Bridgewater's contract and also opening up an extra roster spot.

The 6th is fairly inconsequential.  On the draft value chart (which Mac seems to actually take seriously) it is at worst the value of between pick 100 and 101 (top of 4th round.  At best the value is between 67-68 (3rd and 4th picks of 3rd round).  

44 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Exactly. We're talking about a guy who hasn't played in two years. 

Great pull for Macc. 

Good value to get for Bridgewater, but I bet the Saints end up looking at this deal as a steal.

A win-win, I suppose.  I'd have kept Bridewater and even considered a franchise and trade next offseason.  But, it's hard to be mad about this.

Archived