Browns cut Mychal Kendricks

BCJet

Guy was buying short term out of the money call options that immediately became in the money weeks later (all for tech/media companies where Goldman was handling mergers.) Did he not think this was gonna get red flagged? Made $1.2 million off of 80k in like five months lol.

They have him dead to rights and he's definitely going to do some jail time. That's why he gave that public mea culpa -- he knows his best chance is a lenient sentence. Zero chance he plays football this year guys. I wouldn't be shocked if his NFL career was over.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Just had our Congressman out here get nailed for the same thing. Just goes to greed.

The SEC is a neutered and clueless agency. Some people got suspicious of Bernie Madoff in 2004 and had the SEC go interview him.  Their investigators asked Madoff for a list of contacts who could verify some of the investments he said he made.  Madoff gave them a sheet of paper with random people and phone numbers on it and nothing ever came of it

6 hours ago, BCJet said:

After admitting they knew about the charges, but that Kendricks didnt give them "all the details" the Browns cut Kendricks due to the insider trading charges.

Kid is 27, and coming off a good year for the Eagles - can he play 3-4 ILB?  I personally dont care about insider trading, he has cooperated with authorities and already said he will pay back every cent. This is a FAR different scenario from domestic violence or anything even remotely close to that.  If he can play, and isnt going to jail (during the season) I have zero reservations bringing him in.

you might personally not care about insider trading but it's pretty likely this guy is going to jail.  my guess 2-3 years.  

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I see. Didnt realize insider trading had nothing to do with her doing time.

She's one of my companies clients I'll ask her next time I see her ?

Actually no she has armed security I'll just do my job and leave ?

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Guy was buying short term out of the money call options that immediately became in the money weeks later (all for tech/media companies where Goldman was handling mergers.) Did he not think this was gonna get red flagged? Made $1.2 million off of 80k in like five months lol.

They have him dead to rights and he's definitely going to do some jail time. That's why he gave that public mea culpa -- he knows his best chance is a lenient sentence. Zero chance he plays football this year guys. I wouldn't be shocked if his NFL career was over.

Right.  There is nothing lower or scurvier than a snivelling stock market cheat.  You are probably right, though

Archived