Dakota Dozier

CTJetsFan

9 minutes ago, derp said:

If I remember correctly, he played LT in college at a small school (Furman?) before kicking inside to guard. Would be huge if he shows he can play LT more capably than Qvale as a backup.

i think you are correct. Just seeing him play the position last night, he looked better than Qvale, albeit probably against lesser competition. Seemed to struggle a little on running plays away from him where he had to go find someone to block (zone  scheme), but nothing horrible. I believe Braden has played multiple positions along the line this preseason as well.

10 minutes ago, derp said:

If I remember correctly, he played LT in college at a small school (Furman?) before kicking inside to guard. Would be huge if he shows he can play LT more capably than Qvale as a backup.

Correct. I like him. But considering there wasn't a market for him during FA I guess I'm alittle more positive on him than the NFL clubs.

I do remember Bowles late last season giving a favorable opinion on Dozier  

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Most improved players on the team, per Todd Bowles: Dakota Dozier and Steve McLendon. Just what everyone figured. Jets

1:57 PM - 28 Dec 2017

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Correct. I like him. But considering there wasn't a market for him during FA I guess I'm alittle more positive on him than the NFL clubs

Limited video resume hurts players in free agency especially OL if they never get to play they don’t have stats so literally their entire value is video resume based

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Correct. I like him. But considering there wasn't a market for him during FA I guess I'm alittle more positive on him than the NFL clubs

Reminds me a little of Jonathan Goodwin early in career who eventually settled in to have a nice career at C (for another team).

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

i think you are correct. Just seeing him play the position last night, he looked better than Qvale, albeit probably against lesser competition. Seemed to struggle a little on running plays away from him where he had to go find someone to block (zone  scheme), but nothing horrible. I believe Braden has played multiple positions along the line this preseason as well.

Yeah Braden is an interesting guy too. I think he's a sleeper to make the team and at the very least they'll try to sneak him onto the PS.

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Reminds me a little of Jonathan Goodwin early in career who eventually settled in to have a nice career at C (for another team).

Meanwhile we traded our last actual pass rusher to get a Center when we already had him

14 minutes ago, derp said:

"Dozier's draft stock rose tremendously since early in the 2013 season and continued through a very good performance at the East-West Shrine Game." -- Gil Brandt

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 3-4

BOTTOM LINE

Small-school college left tackle best suited to kick inside in the pros. Has the girth and enough athletic ability to compete as a guard or center and ornery football disposition desired in the trenches. A tough, gritty, road grader capable of paving the way in the run game, Dozier will require some technique refinement in pass protection, yet possesses clear starter potential with continued development. Draft status could ascend if he proves he can play center.

-Nolan Nawrocki

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/dakota-dozier?id=2543805

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It was the fourth preseason game but he was better at left tackle than Qvale was at right tackle. Dozier played well last year when given a chance too so he should easily make this team.

Interesting. I always liked Dozier, but isn't he a bit short for LT? I think he's about 6'4.

Based on what we've seen from Qvale this season, not sure he should even make the 53 man roster.

3 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Interesting. I always liked Dozier, but isn't he a bit short for LT? I think he's about 6'4.

Based on what we've seen from Qvale this season, not sure he should even make the 53 man roster.

Beachum is a bit short for a LT too, and he was drafted lower than Dozier.  

Dozier is an example of a player who needs development time.  He was kept on the 53 and contributed little.   This is probably what they are thinking with Hansen and Leggett.  Stewart gets a pass.

Archived