Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sucks to lose Cooper. Some team is going to get themselves a nice rotational pass rusher. Giants should be kicking those tires.

Garcia was terrible and reeks of a PED-withdrawal situation.

I would add Qvale to the list. He is flat out horrible. Was pushed back 5 yards on that 4th and goal play. And that's just for starters.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, section314 said:

I would add Qvale to the list. He is flat out horrible. Was pushed back 5 yards on that 4th and goal play. And that's just for starters.

Qvale was getting destroyed last night, at right tackle, against third stringers. It was tough to watch. It’s a bad sign when Dakota Dozier is a better tackle than you are.

17 minutes ago, section314 said:

Weird about Qvle at LT.  Played real well at RT last year in camp.  Played  well when he replaced Shell during the season.  Was awful at LT this year.  Suspect they will clam a LT, and release Qvale.

Just now, flgreen said:

Weird about Qvle at LT.  Played real well at RT last year in camp.  Played  well when he replaced Shell during the season.  Was awful at LT this year.  Suspect they will clam a LT, and release Qvale.

Well RT has value too. Some tackles cant play both sides, they are almost different positions. Like if you are right handed and trying to play pool or golf or guitar left handed, just not that simple.

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agree with you.  Was ok as back-up RT last season.  Maybe he has just been so bad at LT that it has gotten in his head and now he is struggling at him more natural position.  I think he sticks on the roster -- partly because we are so thin at OL -- but I am hoping they can find an upgrade on the waiver wire.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I agree with you.  Was ok as back-up RT last season.  Maybe he has just been so bad at LT that it has gotten in his head and now he is struggling at him more natural position.  I think he sticks on the roster -- partly because we are so thin at OL -- but I am hoping they can find an upgrade on the waiver wire.

With Dozier, and I think Braden, showing the ability to play T, I'd suspect he's on thin ice

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Might also have to do with the zone blocking switch.  Qvale was know as a brawler.

Jets up to nine known/reported cuts, as you can add David Bass and Kendall Reyes (as @BrianCoz noted regarding the later) to this list: https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/jets_cutdown_day_live_tracker_2018_who_missed_out.html#incart_river_index …

I would not be the least surprised to see us trade for an oileman or pick up at least two via waivers.

I would not be surprised if we pick up at least one pass rusher from other teams.

I would expect that we will pick up at least one RB from another team.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would not be the least surprised to see us trade for an oileman or pick up at least two via waivers.

I would not be surprised if we pick up at least one pass rusher from other teams.

I would expect that we will pick up at least one RB from another team.

I'm praying we do. We've got the cap space. This weekend needs to be Macc's mini draft

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets up to nine known/reported cuts, as you can add David Bass and Kendall Reyes (as @BrianCoz noted regarding the later) to this list: https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/jets_cutdown_day_live_tracker_2018_who_missed_out.html#incart_river_index …

keeping Luvu!? Hope so.

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

We won't know for several days......Even if he survives the 53 man cutdown he might not survive the mini-draft of other team cuts..

Yep, had a mixed camp.  Flashed at times, then looked bad with the penalties.  Watched him last night,  seemed to have problems at the POA.

39 minutes ago, Lith said:

I'm sure this this is a hail mary -- but maybe OAK cuts some of their developmental tackles like Jylan Ware. That would be a get for us. 

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Surprising, probably means they're keeping an extra OLB?

Could be a post week 1 signing?

I thought I read last night they had Wilcox working out w/the ILBs last night?

Dan Leberfeld‏ @jetswhispers 18h18 hours ago

Interesting - Jets safety J.Wilcox warming up with the inside linebackers. Jets a little thin at ILB tonight.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm sure this this is a hail mary -- but maybe OAK cuts some of their developmental tackles like Jylan Ware. That would be a get for us. 

Pretty sure we will be making some waiver claims on OL -- just have no idea right now who might be coming available.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Could be a post week 1 signing?

I thought I read last night they had Wilcox working out w/the ILBs last night?

Dan Leberfeld‏ @jetswhispers 18h18 hours ago

Interesting - Jets safety J.Wilcox warming up with the inside linebackers. Jets a little thin at ILB tonight.

It's a passing league I can see using S as ILBs....I could see Jeremy Clark being used this way too but he's been hurt most of the summer. Clark is probably PS bound

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

It's a passing league I can see using S as ILBs....I could see Jeremy Clark being used this way too but he's been hurt most of the summer. Clark is probably PS bound

That’s what Lee was supposed to be, now they need to use another roster spot to cover his deficiencies.  

Archived