Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

bye bye Dylan

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 

There were people in @NYJets organization who wanted to cut Dylan Donahue this offseason. He made it through camp/preseason. He flashed late in one preseason game, but receded into the background for much of August.

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s what Lee was supposed to be, now they need to use another roster spot to cover his deficiencies.  

I didn't mean in a f/t role..more like specific roles within a gameplan..maybe match them up vs TEs..

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s what Lee was supposed to be, now they need to use another roster spot to cover his deficiencies.  

They drafted Adams to do what Lee was supposed to do and just found out that street free agent JJ Wilcox does it better than either of them. 

I'm always amazed that there are people shocked by cuts. 

Some folks get all invested in long-shot walk-ons with a few decent moments of viable, visable play, and then are shocked when they're inevitably let go.

Generally these are 99.9% sure fire cuts most times.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Some folks get all invested in long-shot walk-ons with a few decent moments of viable, visable play, and then are shocked when they're inevitably let go.

No one so far that meets that criteria based on the reactions here. Cooper is the one I'm most surprised at so far and he doesn't fall into the "long-shot walk on" category.

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Remember in May and June when Chad Hansen was going to turn into the next Jerry Rice?  I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the cut list too.

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Remember in May and June when Chad Hansen was going to turn into the next Jerry Rice?  I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the cut list too.

Disappointing based on those spring reports. I don't see how he makes the 53 based on his play in the preseason.even with the Kearse injury.

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

1 Xavier Cooper

2 Dmitri Flowers

3 Charles Johnson

4 Antonio Garcia

5 Obum Gwachum

6 Gino Gradkowski

7 Darius James

8 David Bass

9 Kendall Reyes

10 Mych Thomas

11 Kevin Minter

12 Terrell Sinkfield

13-37?

Updated through now.  Will keep updating until just before sundown, but someone else better take over then

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cooper had a real shot to stick, and played well.  It ultimately seems to have come down to him or Foley Fatukasi, so they went with the draftee. Johnson also had a shot, but he's a vet at his ceiling, so ...

Minter is very surprising. 

Lol I feel like every player that gets cut someone is saying they are a possible ps candidate...If we were on the fence about retaining any of these guys they wouldn't be the first ones to be cut. There will be what 2000 players cut in the next day for us to sort through surely someone else's trash is better than ours

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And whose responsibility is it to draft these type of players?

Jets waived/released WR Charles Johnson, OT Antonio Garcia, DL Kendall Reyes, C Gino Gradkowski, DL Xavier Cooper, OLB David Bass, DL Mychealon Thomas, FB Dimitri Flowers, OLB Obum Gwacham, and OG Darius James.

Although this group doesn't contain surprises, it does include some notable names. Johnson formed a preseason bond with Teddy Bridgewater before Teddy was traded to the Saints. Garcia is a former Patriots day-two draft pick. Bass recorded 3.5 sacks for an anemic Jets pass rush last year.

Player Position Experience Transaction
John Wolford QB R Waived
George Atkinson RB 3 Waived
Dimitri Flowers FB R Waived
Charles Johnson WR 5 Released
Alex Balducci G 1 Waived
Antonio Garcia T 2 Waived
Gino Gradkowski G 6 Released
Darius James T R Waived
Dakoda Shepley G R Waived
Xavier Cooper DL 4 Waived
Mych Thomas DL R Waived
Kendall Reyes DL 6 Released
David Bass LB 6 Released
Obum Gwacham LB 4 Waived
Kevin Minter LB 6 Released
Xavier Coleman CB 2 Waived
Kacy Rodgers II S 1 Waived
Terrell Sinkfield CB 1 Waived

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

idzik.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=4

lol, Mac isn't quit as bad as this bozo... think about the fact that of Idzik's drafted players they are all out of the NFL except like 2.

2014 Draft was historically bad.. 12 picks, 2 players still in league and only 1 still here, Q.

Archived