Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the shift was well before last year. When I look around the league at coaches I'd want on my team the vast majority of them are innovative offensive minds. The others are CEOs who instill discipline and direction and hire smart coordinators. The Rex/Bowles types obsessed with "their" defense are dinosaurs.

Steelers Seahawks cheaters giants 

It's not what side of the ball you come from its having a QB and guts 

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Larz said:

Steelers Seahawks cheaters giants 

It's not what side of the ball you come from its having a QB and guts 

Calling Belichick a "defensive" minded coach in the vein of Rex or Bowles is absurd, same with Coughlin, really. They're the CEO types I referenced and in case of Belichick we're talking about probably the smartest all around football coach to ever live.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Calling Belichick a "defensive" minded coach in the vein of Rex or Bowles is absurd, same with Coughlin, really. They're the CEO types I referenced and in case of Belichick we're talking about probably the smartest all around football coach to ever live.

I think the QB is the common thread. 

Outside of Harbaugh it's probably close to an even mix on offense vs defense 

I think bates has a shot to succeed Bowles 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I think the QB is the common thread. 

Outside of Harbaugh it's probably close to an even mix on offense vs defense 

I think bates has a shot to succeed Bowles 

I can't picture Bates succeeding Bowles because if Bates does well enough to be in consideration he's probably saving Bowles' job.

You're probably right on the overall split but given the Jets reactionary nature (Herm is a players coach? Hire a hard ass in Mangini. Manigni is a hardass? Hire Rex, everyone's best friend) it's crazy to me that a team that hasn't had a QB in 40 years hasn't hired a guy best known for offense and developing QBs.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I can't picture Bates succeeding Bowles because if Bates does well enough to be in consideration he's probably saving Bowles' job.

You're probably right on the overall split but given the Jets reactionary nature (Herm is a players coach? Hire a hard ass in Mangini. Manigni is a hardass? Hire Rex, everyone's best friend) it's crazy to me that a team that hasn't had a QB in 40 years hasn't hired a guy best known for offense and developing QBs.

You could be right about this year, maybe bates takes over after next season 

Wait this is a Jets board I'm supposed to say baby heimerdinger will take bates to Miami and build a dynasty ?

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Andre Roberts, Charone Peake.

3 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Peake.  May make it solely on special teams.  And Roberts is the returner

Gotcha. I forgot about Peake and Roberts and was focused on Hansen and Stewart, one of whom could easily be replaced by Burnett

Still have 9 WRs on the roster:

Anderson, Kearse, Pryor, Enunwa, McBride, Peake, Hansen, Stewart, Roberts

Assume top 4 guys make it.  McBride, Peake and Roberts bring some value on STs.  and Stewart, Hansen fairly high picks from last year, but have done nothing to justify a spot.  Will be interesting to see how this next 30 minutes play out.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still have 9 WRs on the roster:

Anderson, Kearse, Pryor, Enunwa, McBride, Peake, Hansen, Stewart, Roberts

Assume top 4 guys make it.  McBride, Peake and Roberts bring some value on STs.  and Stewart, Hansen fairly high picks from last year, but have done nothing to justify a spot.  Will be interesting to see how this next 30 minutes play out.

The 3 suspensions factor in as well short term 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Which means Stewart at least sticks around for a few weeks. What does he have 4 week suspension?

2 I think? 

They are on the commissioners list and don't count right now 

So the Jets can pick up a guy to replace them and he gets a few weeks to prove he belongs. 

Add in donohue and this is an odd cut day 

What a strange (sad, pathetic) experience I just had. The Steelers just waived Landry Jones and I instinctively started thinking the Jets need to sign this type of garbage QB just to provide some hope at the position, and then I remembered we don’t need to do that for awhile.

Archived