Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

Just now, KRL said:

I think the NYG game showed a glimpse that Bates will use multiple TE sets to help the

OLine and stretch the middle of the field

True.  And since none of these other wrs make a strong case for themselves it make it easier to cut them.  I hope they know what they’re doing early on with kearse out.  Darnold needs these TEs to deliver.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Charone Peake needs to show us something this season. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t give up on the amazing gifts of Charone Peake, i guess

At least we've got that special teams gunner position secured, yo.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t give up on the amazing gifts of Charone Peake, i guess

F*ck me, I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but before he got hurt last year I thought Peake could be a guy who turned into something. 

McBride was a fun story but honestly, I didn't see enough from him to warrant keeping him.  Peake and Stewart, who obviously made the team over him, can at least play Gunner and Punt Returner, respectively, on special teams.  Could be wrong but I believe him and Hansen are both PS eligible still, no?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

F*ck me, I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but before he got hurt last year I thought Peake could be a guy who turned into something. 

McBridewas a fun story but honestly, I didn't see enough from him to warrant keeping him.  Peake and Stewart, who obviously made the team over him, can at least play Gunner and Punt Returner, respectively, on special teams.

Agree with you and Peake showed some signs this pre-season that he might actually be a decent WR who could help this team. 

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

WTF is with cutting McBride? He deserved a roster spot IMO. The guy did everything that was asked of him, and did it well.

He played ok..I don't get the outrage though. He wasn't dynamic when I saw him play and if he's that good I'm sure there will be a bunch of teams lining up to sign him. 

We knew the Jets would be cutting some decent players. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

McBride was a fun story but honestly, I didn't see enough from him to warrant keeping him.  Peake and Stewart, who obviously made the team over him, can at least play Gunner and Punt Returner, respectively, on special teams.  Could be wrong but I believe him and Hansen are both PS eligible still, no?

Really can't get too excited or upset until probably Monday when all the dust settles then we see what happens with Stewart in 3 weeks 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I hope they don’t think peake can actually contribute in the passing game.  

Why?  He's actually done it.  If he wasn't hurt last year, Peake was a guy who could have possibly emerged in Quincy's absence.  He's played well in just about every pre-season he was a part of and unlike McBride, actually caught a TD this pre-season.

I liked Tre too guys, but we didn't just cut the next Jerry Rice.  He had a couple of nice grabs from Darnold and that was it.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Word. McBride is a better athlete, but didn’t seem to have much ability when the ball was in the air. Too many incompletions happened when they threw the ball his way. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Whatever this means

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)

9/1/18, 4:50 PM

WR Tre McBride, who's getting cut by the Jets, had a solid summer. Don't be surprised if you see him again in green-and-white real soon.

Bringing him back after Week One on a non-guaranteed contract to fill a roster spot for one of the five possible suspensions.

Why?  He's actually done it.  If he wasn't hurt last year, Peake was a guy who could have possibly emerged in Quincy's absence.  He's played well in just about every pre-season he was a part of and unlike McBride, actually caught a TD this pre-season.

I liked Tre too guys, but we didn't just cut the next Jerry Rice.  He had a couple of nice grabs from Darnold and that was it.

Peake was kept b/c of ST, not b/c of his wr skills.  There are better wrs being cut.  But the first 2 weeks they may need peake to contribute.  Kearse being hurt really doesn’t help darnold.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Whatever this means

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)

9/1/18, 4:50 PM

WR Tre McBride, who's getting cut by the Jets, had a solid summer. Don't be surprised if you see him again in green-and-white real soon.

Maybe he qualifies as a vet and his salary is not guaranteed after week 1.  So Jets could sign him later

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

“If he wasn’t hurt” doing an awful lot of work here

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Really can't get too excited or upset until probably Monday when all the dust settles then we see what happens with Stewart in 3 weeks 

Pretty much.

McBride had 5 grabs for 49 yards.  It's not like he lit the world on fire.

Pretty much.

McBride had 4 grabs for 40 yards.  It's not like he lit the world on fire.

I thought he had a shot because he worked hard as a blocker and got reps with the starters but he could replace Stewart 

Who knows 

I need some good news like a trade or something 

39 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

“If he wasn’t hurt” doing an awful lot of work here

He hurt his ankle on a kickoff working as the gunner.  That's doing work.  Idk what you want.  He wasn't around long enough last season (1 full game and a quarter of the 2nd) to get some run on offense.    

Peake had 5 grabs for 53 yards and a touchdown in 2 games this pre-season.

McBride had 5 grabs for 49 yards and no touchdowns in 3 games, had no injury to come back from like Peake, and doesn't play special teams. He also completely disappeared in the Eagles game, which was make or break.

Honestly, the better man won the job.

*EDIT*

It was an ankle injury, not an ACL.

32 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I liked him and he had nice chemistry with Darnold, but a 5th WR has to have special team value.

Exactly.  Darnold is going to be building far more chemistry with Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, and Pryor over the course of this season.  That means the guys below those 4 need to contribute elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

I thought he had a shot because he worked hard as a blocker and got reps with the starters but he could replace Stewart 

Who knows 

I need some good news like a trade or something 

Stewart is a solid blocker too and can return punts.  Neither guy may crack the lineup as a full time starter this season, but at least Stewart can play special teams.

We'll see what they do.  WR is the one big position that we have actually done well in terms of player development and we some some depth, so I'm not worried much.

Archived