Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He ripped his ACL on a kickoff working as the gunner.  That's doing work.  Idk what you want.  He wasn't around long enough last season (1 full game and a quarter of the 2nd) to get some run on offense.    

Peake had 5 grabs for 53 yards and a touchdown in 2 games this pre-season.

McBride had 5 grabs for 49 yards and no touchdowns in 3 games, had no injury to come back from like Peake, and doesn't play special teams. He also completely disappeared in the Eagles game, which was make or break.

Honestly, the better man won the job.

The reason Peake dropped to the seventh in the first place is because of his knee. He’s not a guy you can count on.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Whatever this means

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)

9/1/18, 4:50 PM

WR Tre McBride, who's getting cut by the Jets, had a solid summer. Don't be surprised if you see him again in green-and-white real soon.

Practice Sqaud if he goes unclaimed I'd guess.

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The reason Peake dropped to the seventh in the first place is because of his knee. He’s not a guy you can count on.

Turns out I was wrong about what the injury was.  It wasn't an ACL.  It was an ankle (that didn't require surgery and came up clean on an x-ray...which is weird), and the team just never called him back up after he was placed on IR-With Designation to return (probably to save the roster spot for another position because we were fine at WR).

I don't know if that changes things for ya or not, but it might explain why they aren't concerned about the knee since it's been fine for a good number of years now.

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He ripped his ACL on a kickoff working as the gunner.  That's doing work.  Idk what you want.  He wasn't around long enough last season (1 full game and a quarter of the 2nd) to get some run on offense.    

Peake had 5 grabs for 53 yards and a touchdown in 2 games this pre-season.

McBride had 5 grabs for 49 yards and no touchdowns in 3 games, had no injury to come back from like Peake, and doesn't play special teams. He also completely disappeared in the Eagles game, which was make or break.

Honestly, the better man won the job.

I respectfully lol @ the 4th preseason game against truck drivers and burger flippers being the "make or break game". Take that game away and McBride has 4 catches for 40 yards in the first two games, and Peake has 2 catches for 29 yards and 1 TD in game 2. They both disappeared in game 3.

The better man won the job? Hardly.

The player drafted by this regime won the job, and that's about it.

I can't believe I'm arguing about the 6th WR roster spot. What is wrong with me?

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Good news for them, bad news for us.

Jesus, i can't believe McBride will lose out a spot for Andre Roberts

I would like to see them kick the tires on Isaiah Mckenzie.  Cut by Broncos today.  Dynamic punt returner at UGA -- 5 or 6 TD returns in his career.  Struggled with ball security with Denver, but it never was an issue when he was with us.  I would take Mckenzie over Roberts.

24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The player drafted by this regime won the job, and that's about it.

So they'll cut a 4th rounder from last year, but hang onto a 7th rounder from 3 years ago because they drafted him?

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

So they'll cut a 4th rounder from last year, but hang onto a 7th rounder from 3 years ago because they drafted him?

Pretty much, if you're talking about McBride vs Peake. Don't really see any other reason to keep Peake over him, unless you really value your special teams gunner.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Pretty much, if you're talking about McBride vs Peake. Don't really see any other reason to keep Peake over him, unless you really value your special teams gunner.

Somebody has to play it (special teams that is) and he was better than McBride at it apparently.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Special teams is important too ... if you get rid of your good ST guys, you tend to struggle with field position a lot.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The CoI (Critic of Idzik) Society’s favorite receiver Martavis Bryant just got cut and is apparently looking at a fat drug suspension. 

Wasn't that the Jalen Saunders year and pick that ruffled their feathers. Saunders is having a good year in the CFL and if you see him play he's been dominant. He could have another shot in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Special teams is important too ... if you get rid of your good ST guys, you tend to struggle with field position a lot.

Sure it is. Not that I'd call Charone Peake good at it, but TBH I didn't pay that close attention to it.

I just don't think he has much of a future here as a receiver, but I suppose that could be said about any team's 5th or 6th option.

It's not too much of a big deal, though. I'm more upset at Leggett beating out Walford, and absolutely baffled that Dylan "Wrong Way DUI" Donahue is still on this team and Frankie Luvu isn't.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Sure it is. Not that I'd call Charone Peake good at it, but TBH I didn't pay that close attention to it.

I just don't think he has much of a future here as a receiver, but I suppose that could be said about any team's 5th or 6th option.

It's not too much of a big deal, though. I'm more upset at Leggett beating out Walford, and absolutely baffled that Dylan "Wrong Way DUI" Donahue is still on this team and Frankie Luvu isn't.

Quite agree on Donahue - hasn't shown much, lots of off-field issues ... yet he sticks around. Leggett I haven't seen anything of yet to consider a good or bad idea, guess he gets the benefit of being the younger guy.

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Luvu was udfa for a reason. He was aggressive and athletic but not bright. 

With the Pierre suspension the LB group is in Flux 

Donohue may be the last cut? 

I'm just hoping for a new player! 

Give us something! 

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Hansen is gone.

He deserverd to get caught because he was invisible. I thought he looked decent last year though.  If Stewart gets cut after his suspension last years draft is looking even worse.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He deserverd to get caught because he was invisible. I thought he looked decent last year though.  If Stewart gets cut after his suspension last years draft is looking even worse.

/shrug

Invisible or not, I'd have given him a second year over a proven "nothing but a roster spot filler" like Charone Peake, but is is nice to see Macc finally start cutting his bad draft picks for a change.   

It looks like Jets will go with 3 Qbs one on the practice squad. Although only 2 Qbs on roster now. They could do a New England Patriots but my guess is they will sign Wolford to the PS. He's available and cheap and they've liked him since he was in a try out camp months ago. I don't think he looked terrible against Philly either he at times moved the ball. They could go in another direction by signing a guy like Connor Cook or even Bryce Petty. My guess is Wolford though. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

/shrug

Invisible or not, I'd have given him a second year over a proven "nothing but a roster spot filler" like Charone Peake, but is is nice to see Macc finally start cutting his bad draft picks for a change.   

Special teams are such a concern, I think that weighed heavily. We will see what the final roster looks like. Waiver wire mania.

Archived