Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏  @RapSheet 

The #Jets worked out a few defenders today: Former #Saints DE Hau'oli Kikaha and former #Bucs DB Josh Robinson had workouts, I’m told.

At least they are bringing in the right guys.  Signing Kaufusi and Attaochu and working out Orchard and Kikaha.  Sign them all and see who sticks.  

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets appear to be sticking with PK Jason Myers. The team didn't announce any roster moves and none appeared on the transaction wire. On Wednesday, they worked out former Bucs draft pick Roberto Aguayo, cut by the Chargers. On Monday, they worked out former Cowboys Pro Bowler Dan Bailey. So Myers is the man ... for now. Clearly, that could change.

45 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets appear to be sticking with PK Jason Myers. The team didn't announce any roster moves and none appeared on the transaction wire. On Wednesday, they worked out former Bucs draft pick Roberto Aguayo, cut by the Chargers. On Monday, they worked out former Cowboys Pro Bowler Dan Bailey. So Myers is the man ... for now. Clearly, that could change.

Maybe, if Bailey is still available, they’ll revisit signing him after week 1 so his full season salary isn’t guaranteed (since he had injury issues last season). 

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I thought only Mcc picks bombed out?!?

The Arizona Cardinals selected Holden in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the seventh offensive tackle selected in 2017 and the 17th offensive linemen. He played in seven games with five starts in his rookie season.

Published Sept. 2, 2018

released a pair of former draft picks, center-guard Evan Boehm and offensive tackle Will Holden. Boehm was a fourth-round draft pick out of Missouri in 2016. Holden was a fifth-round draft pick last year out of Vanderbilt.

Report: Seahawks release former third-round pick Rees Odhiambo

By DEREK LEWIS Sep 2, 12:49 PM

Odhiambo was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the third round of the 2016 NFL Draft, the 97th overall pick. 

Tapper was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round (101st overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft, He was released on September 1, 2018.  September 4, 2018 Veteran DE Charles Tapper has been cut from the Cowboys’ practice squad

Lippett was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the fifth round (156th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.

Kikaha was drafted in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft, 44th overall

The Cleveland Browns picked Orchard in the second round of the 2015 NFL draft.

i'm all for trying to improve the roster.  but this week seems more like desperate attempts to find a gold nugget in the stream.  there's a reason all these kickers don't have jobs.  there's a reason all these olbs aren't on teams.  bowles and rodgers must really be worried about how much they're going to have to blitz if they don't find someone who can generate pressure off the edge consistently.  

i would love to have stafford for fantasy this week.  i can see the TOP being lobsided and darnold getting 23 minutes to operate.

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm all for trying to improve the roster.  but this week seems more like desperate attempts to find a gold nugget in the stream.  there's a reason all these kickers don't have jobs.  there's a reason all these olbs aren't on teams.  bowles and rodgers must really be worried about how much they're going to have to blitz if they don't find someone who can generate pressure off the edge consistently.  

i would love to have stafford for fantasy this week.  i can see the TOP being lobsided and darnold getting 23 minutes to operate.

I also believe in turning over every rock, but at some point, maybe the coaching staff needs to focus on getting the team ready for Monday night and (and then the next 2 games in 10 days) then evaluating guys that aren't likely to make the team...

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I also believe in turning over every rock, but at some point, maybe the coaching staff needs to focus on getting the team ready for Monday night and (and then the next 2 games in 10 days) then evaluating guys that aren't likely to make the team...

i'd like to think they are doing this as well.  and while the offense seems to be stable in terms of the personnel and plan, the defense/ST seems a bit panicked to fill key spots only 4 days before the season opener.  i don't like the vibe.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'd like to think they are doing this as well.  and while the offense seems to be stable in terms of the personnel and plan, the defense/ST seems a bit panicked to fill key spots only 4 days before the season opener.  i don't like the vibe.

Mac is now desperate trying to improve a roster now that he thinks he has a FQB that can start week 1.

My guess is that the underlying assumption was that whoever they drafted was not going to be ready, and this year was a throwaway year.  

The Jets management and coaching staff are working out free agents to see if any are better than what's on the backend of the roster and some fans are complaining about this practice . i guess you have to have something to complain about when you live a perfect existence .

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

Mac is now desperate trying to improve a roster now that he thinks he has a FQB that can start week 1.

My guess is that the underlying assumption was that whoever they drafted was not going to be ready, and this year was a throwaway year.  

Seriously, other than a fan with nothing better to do, who thinks like this ? 

The Patriots had 19 players in for tryouts last week | Boston.com

https://www.boston.com/...patriots/.../the-patriots-had-19-players-in-for-tryouts-last-w...

Sep 13, 2017 - The Patriots have had 19 players in for tryouts since last Tuesday, according ... Ayers appeared in nine games for the Patriots, starting four, as the ... 

Quarterbacks: Matt Barkley, USC; David Fales, San Jose State; Matt McGloin, Penn State; Thad Lewis, Duke.

Wide receivers: Jordan Payton, UCLA; Gabe Marks and Marquess Wilson, Washington State; Jeremy Ross, Cal.

Tight ends: Ryan O’Malley, Penn; Alex Ellis, Tennessee.

Linebackers: Akeem Ayers, UCLA; Nicholas Grigsby, Pitt; Antwione Williams, Georgia Southern.

Defensive backs: Cody Riggs, Notre Dame; Channing Stribling, Michigan; Jomal Wiltz, Iowa State; Jarell Carter, Trinity International.

3 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

https://www.boston.com/...patriots/.../the-patriots-had-19-players-in-for-tryouts-last-w...

Sep 13, 2017 - The Patriots have had 19 players in for tryouts since last Tuesday, according ... Ayers appeared in nine games for the Patriots, starting four, as the ... 

Quarterbacks: Matt Barkley, USC; David Fales, San Jose State; Matt McGloin, Penn State; Thad Lewis, Duke.

Wide receivers: Jordan Payton, UCLA; Gabe Marks and Marquess Wilson, Washington State; Jeremy Ross, Cal.

Linebackers: Akeem Ayers, UCLA; Nicholas Grigsby, Pitt; Antwione Williams, Georgia Southern.

Defensive backs: Cody Riggs, Notre Dame; Channing Stribling, Michigan; Jomal Wiltz, Iowa State; Jarell Carter, Trinity International.

So they do also bring in players who weren't waived/cut by the Jets...  Interesting...

56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I like our approach this year as opposed to others. Instead of just going with flash decisions based on previous scouting they are being patient letting the waivers system work and then working people out to assess them.

Agreed. Who needs to scout and draft properly when you can have unlimited free workout sessions with street bums?

41 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

This is normal...all season long...Usually it's done on Tuesdays (usually the players off day per CBA)...Teams workout street free agents to update their list of available players should a roster move be necessary i.e. injury, upgrade, game plan specific, PS change...

Don't believe me (not directed at you YJ22). Follow Howard Balzer and Aaron Wilson on Twitter. They report these workouts every week.

33 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Seriously, other than a fan with nothing better to do, who thinks like this ? 

it's unbelievable and someone who is obviously oblivious to what NFL teams do each week.  Good gawd and they think they know everything..

Archived