Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Any updated news? 

I think they are done for the day.  Came in with 89 players -- never added anyone after trading Teddy.  Down to 71 now after today's cuts. 

3 players suspended (Robinson, Pierre-Louis and Stewart) and 1 on PUP (Miles). puts us at 67.  14 more cuts either tonight or tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Office memes? 

OH Manish 

I’m hoping he stirs the pot and keeps pressure on Mac and Bowles. They do not get away with poor perfmance and need public media bashing so the rest of the league stops coddling them and the Jets can move on without feeling like they’ll be heavily criticized.

33 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Not jets related but Braxton Miller got cut by the Texans thought he was supposed to be pretty decent probably better than someone who makes our roster

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

A 2016 third rounder. 

Boys and girls keep this in mind when critiquing our GMs. Missing on draft picks is not mutually  exclusive to the NYJ. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

lol, Mac isn't quit as bad as this bozo... think about the fact that of Idzik's drafted players they are all out of the NFL except like 2.

2014 Draft was historically bad.. 12 picks, 2 players still in league and only 1 still here, Q.

Mac being marginally better than Idzik (who was an historically bad GM) isn't an excuse. His drafts have not been good.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

lol, Mac isn't quit as bad as this bozo... think about the fact that of Idzik's drafted players they are all out of the NFL except like 2.

2014 Draft was historically bad.. 12 picks, 2 players still in league and only 1 still here, Q.

I don’t understand why it’s so universally accepted that those two drafts happened because Idzik is just dumb or something. It’s always impossible to tell who is responsible for anything in this flaming bag sh*tshow of an organization. It’s kind of why the Jets are the Jets. We might just have the quarterback but it’s not going to matter because there’s nobody in charge. In this specific case we’re talking about a guy who was saddled with Rex and Bradway and an owner who didn’t hire him and we’re somehow real confident in allocating a whole lot of specific responsibility to this person.

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How about not winning a Super Bowl for 49 years or appearing in one. 

Are we now pinning the complete failures of f*ckheads like Kotite, Idzik, Walton, Steinberg, Tanny and Rex from year 3 on, etc on Maccagnan?

Is he one of the elite, Top 5 general managers in football? No.

But I think a lot of you guys have this distorted view that the NFL is littered with quality front offices and the Jets are getting the short end of the stick. 

Macc has certainly made his share of subpar decisions, but I’ll be goddamnded if he has’t helped make up for it without a single 1st rounder given up to obtain Darnold and turning a $500k signing bonus and a $500k workout bonus into a 3rd round pick all within the span of 4 months.

Not to mention the trade with Seattle earlier last season.

Bottom line...Bowles is sure as hell on thinner ice with me than Macc is.

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Are we now pinning the complete failures of f*ckheads like Kotite, Idzik, Walton, Steinberg, Tanny and Rex from year 3 on, etc on Maccagnan?

Is he one of the elite, Top 5 general managers in football? No.

But I think a lot of you guys have this distorted view that the NFL is littered with quality front offices and the Jets are getting the short end of the stick. 

Macc has certainly made his share of subpar decisions, but I’ll be goddamnded if he has’t helped make up for it without a single 1st rounder given up to obtain Darnold and turning a $500k signing bonus and a $500k workout bonus into a 3rd round pick all within the span of 4 months.

Not to mention the trade with Seattle earlier last season.

Bottom line...Bowles is sure as hell on thinner ice with me than Macc is.

OP posted 

keep this in mind when critiquing our GMs. Missing on draft picks is not mutually  exclusive to the NYJ.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don’t understand why it’s so universally accepted that those two drafts happened because Idzik is just dumb or something. It’s always impossible to tell who is responsible for anything in this flaming bag sh*tshow of an organization. It’s kind of why the Jets are the Jets. We might just have the quarterback but it’s not going to matter because there’s nobody in charge. In this specific case we’re talking about a guy who was saddled with Rex and Bradway and an owner who didn’t hire him and we’re somehow real confident in allocating a whole lot of specific responsibility to this person.

So you would say that ............. was the reason for 2 terrible drafts and 1 absolute, historically awful drafts. You don’t think that was idzik fault. Lol. 

34 minutes ago, Stark said:

So you would say that ............. was the reason for 2 terrible drafts and 1 absolute, historically awful drafts. You don’t think that was idzik fault. Lol. 

in all fairness to idzik he wasn't from the scouting side of a football team and needed to rely on his scouting staff and rex to help him make the personnel decisions.  obviously his main fault was not getting good people around him.  and mac comes from a scouting background and his drafts have been so-so.  tanny was just a bean counter.  so i think the whole gm role as a talent evaluator is being overblown provided the guy puts a good scouting team in place.

20 out of 32 teams can claim a SB win:

PIT (6)

NE, SF, DAL (5)

NYG, GB (4)

OAK, WAS, DEN (3)

IND, BAL, MIA (2)

NYJ, TB, LAR, NO, KC, CHI, SEA, PHI (1)

———

Math says 12 teams have it worse than us...so can we spare ourselves the “woe is me” crap?!

***Rumor***

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)

8/31/18, 10:35 PM

Jets are shopping tight end Clive Walford, per sources. Hoping to trade him. 

Jets have had a solid competition at tight end this summer. Walford has had some good moments this preseason.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sucks to lose Cooper. Some team is going to get themselves a nice rotational pass rusher. Giants should be kicking those tires.

Garcia was terrible and reeks of a PED-withdrawal situation.

Why would you make such a @#$^ comment ?

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

PIT (6)

NE, SF, DAL (5)

NYG, GB (4)

OAK, WAS, DEN (3)

IND, BAL, MIA (2)

———

Math says 12 teams have it worse than us...so can we spare ourselves the “woe is me” crap?!

Actually, the first three were not Super Bowls but AFL-NFL Championship games

Having won almost a half century ago is like not having won at all

But it is alright, it will all be corrected within the next 5 years or so

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

super bowl ticket (2).jpg

Here is a copy of a ticket stub

Do you see the term Super Bowl on it anywhere?

The name was a media invention that the NFL adopted and retroactively applied to the two Packer games and the Jets game

I was around then and cognizant of the events of the day. No one called it a Super Bowl at that time

super bowl ticket.jpg

15 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

super bowl ticket (2).jpg

Here is a copy of a ticket stub

Do you see the term Super Bowl on it anywhere?

The name was a media invention that the NFL adopted and retroactively applied to the two Packer games and the Jets game

I was around then and cognizant of the events of the day. No one called it a Super Bowl at that time

super bowl ticket.jpg

wasn't this the game day program guide?

27.jpg

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

***Rumor***

Jets have had a solid competition at tight end this summer. Walford has had some good moments this preseason.

I'm one of the people hoping Walford makes it on the roster, but I'd be surprised if we could acrue more than a conditional 5th/6th for him.

I might just rather keep him, but if anything we get is used in a package to trade for Mack, or even a good Olinemen, then it'd be worth it.

7 minutes ago, sparky24 said:

wasn't this the game day program guide?

27.jpg

I am just going by the way I remembered it in Jan. 1969

I guess the way to settle this is what the old NFL film specials showed on this game, not that it really matters much

Remember that the Jets got into this game by winning a very weak division and then just one home game against a superior team, hardly the pedigree of a true Super Bowl champion. No one was having parties and charging huge fees for commercials back then. I would love to see the Jets in a real Super Bowl. It would be glorious.  

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

PIT (6)

NE, SF, DAL (5)

NYG, GB (4)

OAK, WAS, DEN (3)

IND, BAL, MIA (2)

———

Is this a joke

it was 50 years ago.

about half of the 12 are new franchises

and a bunch have gone to the super bowl but lost

i think the only ones that compare to us are the bengals, browns, chiefs, maybe another I’m forgetting 

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Is this a joke

it was 50 years ago.

about half of the 12 are new franchises

and a bunch have gone to the super bowl but lost

i think the only ones that compare to us are the bengals, browns, chiefs, maybe another I’m forgetting 

Is what a joke? It’s a pretty straight forward list of SB winners. 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

***Rumor***

He shined a little the other night.  It almost seemed like they game-planned for him to get some targets, maybe trying to market him and show him off for a trade?

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Player Position Experience Transaction
John Wolford QB R Waived
George Atkinson RB 3 Waived
Dimitri Flowers FB R Waived
Charles Johnson WR 5 Released
Alex Balducci G 1 Waived
Antonio Garcia T 2 Waived
Gino Gradkowski G 6 Released
Darius James T R Waived
Dakoda Shepley G R Waived
Xavier Cooper DL 4 Waived
Mych Thomas DL R Waived
Kendall Reyes DL 6 Released
David Bass LB 6 Released
Obum Gwacham LB 4 Waived
Kevin Minter LB 6 Released
Xavier Coleman CB 2 Waived
Kacy Rodgers II S 1 Waived
Terrell Sinkfield CB 1 Waived

We waived all of our Xaviers and one of our Dakodas?

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

in all fairness to idzik he wasn't from the scouting side of a football team and needed to rely on his scouting staff and rex to help him make the personnel decisions.  obviously his main fault was not getting good people around him.  and mac comes from a scouting background and his drafts have been so-so.  tanny was just a bean counter.  so i think the whole gm role as a talent evaluator is being overblown provided the guy puts a good scouting team in place.

Idzik relied on his own scouting to draft Calvin Pryor.  He was a total buffoon.

Archived