Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

The name was a media invention that the NFL adopted and retroactively applied to the two Packer games and the Jets game

I was around then and cognizant of the events of the day. No one called it a Super Bowl at that time

Lamar Hunt coined the term. 

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

We waived all of our Xaviers and one of our Dakodas?

We waived our only Dakoda.  We still have a Dakota. 

And, even though we traded TB, we still have 3 more: Terrence Brooks, Taylor Bertolet and Todd Bowles.  Would not mind seeing all 3 gone.

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He shined a little the other night.  It almost seemed like they game-planned for him to get some targets, maybe trying to market him and show him off for a trade?

The Jets have a few guys that can be picked up by the Patriots, that can come back and hurt us. Jet's would take $20, if they knew they wouldn't be with the enemy

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why would anyone trade for walford?  We picked him up off the scrap heap no?  Maybe we could get a player the other team is dumping.

That is probably about it.  We find someone who might be interested in claiming Walford and they have a guy we would be interested in claiming.  Swap the two guys and you don't have to worry about using a waiver claim or missing out.  Either that or someone flips us a 7 to avoid the waiver process.

53 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

How realistic is snagging Fowler at this point? 

fwiw

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Expect the Jets to be aggressive suitors for Jaguars edge rusher Dante Fowler, Jr.... next year in free agency (assuming he stays on the straight and narrow path). Unless JAX is willing to trade him on the relative cheap now (which they are not).

Just now, C Mart said:

fwiw

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Expect the Jets to be aggressive suitors for Jaguars edge rusher Dante Fowler, Jr.... next year in free agency (assuming he stays on the straight and narrow path). Unless JAX is willing to trade him on the relative cheap now (which they are not).

Thanks. Bummer.

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

super bowl ticket (2).jpg

Here is a copy of a ticket stub

Do you see the term Super Bowl on it anywhere?

The name was a media invention that the NFL adopted and retroactively applied to the two Packer games and the Jets game

I was around then and cognizant of the events of the day. No one called it a Super Bowl at that time

super bowl ticket.jpg

Debate over. 

Manish Mehta‏ @MMehtaNYDN

Jets kicker update: Keep an eye on Cardinals rookie Matt McCrane, who is expected to be waived by the Cardinals today.

I wince every time the Cardinals announce the signing of an undrafted free agent and I read a fan in response write “just another camp body.” That always sticks in my craw—-because every player who gets signed with a chance to compete for spot on an NFL roster has his own unique journey and success story. Just ask Kurt Warner.

This morning I find myself wincing about one of the comments Steve Wilks made yesterday about recently cut kicker Matt McCrane. Wilks, when pressed by the Arizona Republic’s reporter Bob McManaman as to why the Cardinals cut McCrane, said that they sent McCrane out for the long field goals “to showcase him” for other teams, with the belief that McCrane would make them.

What Wilks’ comment more than suggests is that the kicking competition had been long since decided in favor of Phil Dawson, who missed a total of 11 kicks (8 FGs and 3 Xpts) last year in addition to the two FGs (2/4) he missed this pre-season.

So—-when McCrane nailed his 54 yarder in the Superdome versus the Saints in pre-season game 2—-according to his head coach, that was for showcasing him for other teams—-a head coach who vowed when he took the job that “there will be competition at every position.” The same head coach has said repeatedly, “ I don’t care where you are from or where you were drafted,” the “best players are going to win the jobs.”

Then—-a week later at AT&T stadium—-when McCrane nailed a 53 yarder that split the uprights with about 10 yards to spare—-that again was to showcase him for other NFL teams.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/9/1/17808670/over-before-it-was-over-mccrane-just-another-camp-body

16 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Not jets related but Braxton Miller got cut by the Texans thought he was supposed to be pretty decent probably better than someone who makes our roster

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Braxton Miller's career with the Houston Texans is over. According to a report from the Houston Chronicle's John McClain, the Texans are waiving the former Ohio State star after just two NFL seasons. 

The Texans made Miller the No. 85 overall pick back in 2016, planning to use him as a hybrid player within Bill O'Brien's offense. Miller had been a dual-threat quarterback at Ohio State before transitioning to wide receiver/running back for his final season, and the team envisioned him working the same way. 

However, in two seasons with the Texans, Miller rarely got on the field. He missed time due to injuries during each of his two seasons in Houston and never really carved out a role alongside DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller. He caught just 34 passes for 261 yards and two touchdowns, while carrying four times for one yard. He also made very little impact as a return man, returning three kickoffs for 41 total yards and four punts for just 13 yards. 

Because of his elite athleticism, he could get a shot elsewhere in the league sometime in the next few days. Miller posted excellent figures at the combine that would lead one to believe he could handle some work in the slot, and it would not be a surprise to see a team take a chance on him, being that he is still just 25 years old. 

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Manish Mehta‏ @MMehtaNYDN

Jets kicker update: Keep an eye on Cardinals rookie Matt McCrane, who is expected to be waived by the Cardinals today.

I wince every time the Cardinals announce the signing of an undrafted free agent and I read a fan in response write “just another camp body.” That always sticks in my craw—-because every player who gets signed with a chance to compete for spot on an NFL roster has his own unique journey and success story. Just ask Kurt Warner.

This morning I find myself wincing about one of the comments Steve Wilks made yesterday about recently cut kicker Matt McCrane. Wilks, when pressed by the Arizona Republic’s reporter Bob McManaman as to why the Cardinals cut McCrane, said that they sent McCrane out for the long field goals “to showcase him” for other teams, with the belief that McCrane would make them.

What Wilks’ comment more than suggests is that the kicking competition had been long since decided in favor of Phil Dawson, who missed a total of 11 kicks (8 FGs and 3 Xpts) last year in addition to the two FGs (2/4) he missed this pre-season.

So—-when McCrane nailed his 54 yarder in the Superdome versus the Saints in pre-season game 2—-according to his head coach, that was for showcasing him for other teams—-a head coach who vowed when he took the job that “there will be competition at every position.” The same head coach has said repeatedly, “ I don’t care where you are from or where you were drafted,” the “best players are going to win the jobs.”

Then—-a week later at AT&T stadium—-when McCrane nailed a 53 yarder that split the uprights with about 10 yards to spare—-that again was to showcase him for other NFL teams.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/9/1/17808670/over-before-it-was-over-mccrane-just-another-camp-body

I really hope they claim this guy. If he’s as good as his college record says he is, the Jets won’t have to worry about the PK position for 10+ years. 

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Jason Myers - K -  Jets

Jason Myers has won the Jets' kicking job.

Myers is the de facto winner after the Jets waived Taylor Bertolet, though it's always possible they dip back into the free agent well. The Jags' kicker since 2015, Myers was cut midseason last year and could not make the Seahawks this summer. Myers has a big leg but has converted less than 80 percent of his field goal attempts over the past two years.

Sep 1 - 12:43 PM

UDFA after he wasn’t  taken in supplemental draft  

Darryl Slater (@DarrylSlater)

9/1/18, 1:03 PM

Some cut players are given a plane ticket and sent on their way. Others are asked to stick around (practice squad candidates). Bryant was asked to stick around. twitter.com/darrylslater/s…

Jets cut safety Brandon Bryant, according to person with knowledge of situation. Possible practice squad member.

Archived