sec101row23

Jet specific transactions.

I wonder if Lawrence Thomas will stick around? If you think about it, a big fullback is needed for short yardage situations..

57 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

What is going on with that kid? 

no idea brah... much sadness.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

If only there was a device right in front of you that could answer the question 

Lol I'm not a dick so Mehta has an updated list 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-roster-tracker-20180830-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Thanks. Wasn't trying to be lazy just figured somebody in this thread would have the link handy.

Just now, Paradis said:

no idea brah... much sadness.

1st round pick disease? 

Report out of Buffalo that he had a bad attitude 

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Thanks. Wasn't trying to be lazy just figured somebody in this thread would have the link handy.

I was busting on Rutgers. He's so witty lol

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Also, TEN released Luke Falk? Man... what happened to that guy

He was a system QB with a popgun arm that was never going to make it in the NFL...?

7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

What's so good about a blocking TE who isn't a receiving threat?  Might as well just use another OL.

Have you seen our OL block?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

So Luvu is probably the biggest surprise, right? I assumed he'd be almost a lock given he's flashed and we have nothing at OLB.

Wint and minter mild surprises 

TEN released Deontay Burnett... surprising. Wonder if Sam Darnold is putting in a call. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wint and minter mild surprises 

If my count is right, we are down to 8 LBs - one of whom will be suspended to start the season, and another who should be.

Lee, Williamson, Hewit, Pierre-Louis

Jenkins, Martin, Copeland, Donanhue

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

TEN released Deontay Burnett... surprising. Wonder if Sam Darnold is putting in a call. 

No doubt. Infinitely better receiver than either Stewart or Hansen.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

If my count is right, we are down to 8 LBs - one of whom will be suspended to start the season, and another who should be.

Very odd.

I’m going to beat this horse to death (surprise!) but the Jets sitting in a room praying for the League office to suspend Donahue so they don’t have to cut him for another month is pretty disgusting and reeks of cowardice.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Bring him in. Very good slot type with great chemistry with Darnold.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m going to beat this horse to death (surprise!) but the Jets sitting in a room praying for the League office to suspend Donahue so they don’t have to cut him for another month is pretty disgusting and reeks of cowardice.

That has to be what they're doing. There's no other explanation for keeping him and cutting Luvu, IMO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Trade or signing coming? 

I have to guess that Greene loves donohue but he is looking at legal issues. 

Oh well we will know soon enough 

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That has to be what they're doing. There's no other explanation for keeping him and cutting Luvu, IMO.

And they’re doing it for a guy who flat out cannot play. Truly bizarre.

Luvu probably will be PS'd. Wondering about Trenton Cannon. Another good talent who makes too many mistakes. A team like this who is marginal can't afford too many oenalties or turnovers. The only way they can win this year is to play as mistake free as possible. Below the curve not above it. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

Rookies make mistakes.  The jets love their limited vets who don't make glaring mistakes but also can't make plays either.  At some point we have to live with some mistakes on offense and try and develop the talent.

The truest thing I ever heard. The first thing that always comes out of Bowles mouth is, "he didn't turn the ball over".

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Bring him in. Very good slot type with great chemistry with Darnold.

Tenn supposedly cut him because he could not play ST.  Tough to keep a 5th/6th WR who does not play Specials.

Just now, rldev said:

The truest thing I ever heard. The first thing that always comes out of Bowles mouth is, "he didn't turn the ball over".

Fifth consecutive first time head coach from a defensive background the Jets have hired... I froth at the mouth for the day we hire the next Doug Pederson, Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay. With Darnold a guy like that could actually do something.

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He was always extremely limited talent wise

and Leach made him put up big stats, like he does with all his QBs

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rldev said:

And yet Bowles brilliant defense generates very few turnovers itself.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Tenn supposedly cut him because he could not play ST.  Tough to keep a 5th/6th WR who does not play Specials.

Didn't he run back kicks at USC? I thought he did.

With Cannon mistakes (turnovers) on special teams are killers. Not too many return guys with special talent to break one and regularly give team good position. It's a game changer especially for a team with a rookie Qb. Teams will go with reliable return guys who are average and will never break one and go all the way like we did with Kerley to avoid turnovers. I'd be surprised if we open the season with Cannon as our return guy. If he doesn't win that job he doesn't make the team. 

Just now, mrcoops said:

Didn't he run back kicks at USC? I thought he did.

Returned 4 punts / 0 kicks in 3 years at USC.  

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not that I’m a GM or anything but I had a 4th round grade on him...he went lateeee.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Returned 4 punts / 0 kicks in 3 years at USC.  

Well, there you go.

I must have seen all 4 and just assumed he did it all the time.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Fifth consecutive first time head coach from a defensive background the Jets have hired... I froth at the mouth for the day we hire the next Doug Pederson, Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay. With Darnold a guy like that could actually do something.

The defensive coach with a good QB ruled the NFL until last year. 

The issue is offense or defense you have to be aggressive and Bowles is the least aggressive as a head coach after being the most aggressive coordinator 

44 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

so much for trading him.    I guess Legget got it over him

So stupid.

Just now, Larz said:

The defensive coach with a good QB ruled the NFL until last year. 

The issue is offense or defense you have to be aggressive and Bowles is the least aggressive as a head coach after being the most aggressive coordinator 

I think the shift was well before last year. When I look around the league at coaches I'd want on my team the vast majority of them are innovative offensive minds. The others are CEOs who instill discipline and direction and hire smart coordinators. The Rex/Bowles types obsessed with "their" defense are dinosaurs.

• Upvote 2