Pepper Johnson eviscerates Todd, Kacy Rodgers in illuminating interview

T0mShane

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2018 at 7:58 AM, Warfish said:

So your theory is that Bowles wanted X, Y or Z players, and Macc said "**** you, you'll get R, Q and D and like it"?

I think you're being rather obtuse as to the normal relationship between GM and Head Coach.  Very rarely in the modern NFL does a GM "buy the groceries" with no input or agreement from a Head Coach.

I am not at all being obtuse. I am stating that it is the responsibility of the GM to pick good players regardless of input of the coaches or GM. It is what he will be judged on and held accountable to. Do you really think Bowles rallied for Hack or was that Mac's pick? 

The poor draft picks of the last 3 years are at the foot of the GM not the coach. Period

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

I am not at all being obtuse. I am stating that it is the responsibility of the GM to pick good players regardless of input of the coaches or GM. It is what he will be judged on and held accountable to. Do you really think Bowles rallied for Hack or was that Mac's pick? 

The poor draft picks of the last 3 years are at the foot of the GM not the coach. Period

In the real world, Bowles assuredly has a material say in who is drafted and what positions get priority.

Bowles also has 100% of the responsibility of getting the most out of all the players on the roster.

The record, at this point, speaks for itself.

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

So which of this picks re poor exactly?

Also put talent aside and see the following:

Terrible in game coaching.

Total lack of discipline re penalties.

The highest paid players have been some of the worst players.

Poor player development, as that goes hand in hand with drafting.

Very poor defense despite it being the head coaches specialty.

Totally giving up in one game last year which was a sheer and utter disgrace.

A good coach gets semblance of performance from players without them all being pro bowlers, a bad coach gets nothing unless furnished with a stacked team.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So which of this picks re poor exactly?

Also put talent aside and see the following:

Terrible in game coaching.

Total lack of discipline re penalties.

The highest paid players have been some of the worst players.

Poor player development, as that goes hand in hand with drafting.

Very poor defense despite it being the head coaches specialty.

Totally giving up in one game last year which was a sheer and utter disgrace.

A good coach gets semblance of performance from players without them all being pro bowlers, a bad coach gets nothing unless furnished with a stacked team.

I don’t understand the Bowles defenders at this point. It’s like defending a terrible race car driver because he is okay at painting the garage.

The defense has been nothing special since Bowles and Rodgers got here.  At some point Bowles needs to stop protecting his buddy and hold him accountable.  Rodgers just isn't very good.

If Bowles isn't smart enough to do it, then fire Bowles.

Maybe make Jeremy Bates head coach, it's an offensive team now anyway.

Archived