Pepper Johnson eviscerates Todd, Kacy Rodgers in illuminating interview

T0mShane

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who gives a sh*t what Todd “believes”? Todd Bowles is ******* wrong. Rodgers is here because he’s Todd’s personal friend and in no material sense is a threat to take Todd’s job, even on an interim basis. When they all get fired, Kacy Rodgers won’t come within a metric mile of another coordinator job the rest of his professional life. 

Maybe instead of stopping with the part you quoted, you should read the whole f*cking post.  If actually did that you would see that I agree with you and that everything you just said is what I said right after that line.  Then, after you do that, realize that it still doesn't make Pepper Johnson right and posting this article with the headline "Pepper Johnson EVISCERATES Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers in SHOCKING new interview!!!!1!!1!" like a Teen Vogue writer making a headline for the front page of their magazine so people will read their juicy over exaggerated article detailing the latest f*cking K-Pop, boy band, romance drama, any less ridiculous.  Especially when you read what he's saying and consider the f*cking source is, again, a malcontent know-it-all, who doesn't "know it all", and hasn't gotten a job two years after the guy, who everyone considers to be an in-over-his-head moron (MYSELF INCLUDED IN CASE YOU NEED TO SEE IT IN ALL CAPS) fired him.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Parcells was the biggest culprit of bringing in his "guys" no matter where he went, it doesn't mean they were the best or brightest they were simply his guys.

I'm amazed people still fawn over this over rated blowhard coach.  He was a great HC with the Giants when there was no salary cap and teams with big $$$( cough Mara Tisch cough) could assemble teams full of great players. After that he always walked into can't lose scenarios like a white knight and always bailed when the going got tough and the cap got tight.

Parcells is pretty much at or near the top of everyone's best coaching tree.  Bad argument

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Isn’t it the defensive line coach’s job to coach how the head coach and defensive coordinator want you to coach, and not the other way around?  

Yeah, but how do you troll an entire Jets forum, fanbase, and generate clicks with a discussion narrative like that?

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shades of when Greg McElroy called the Rex regime an undisciplined disaster and the *real fans* clutched their pearls and pointed out that Greg McElroy was a bad quarterback. Pitiful. 

One of the most disgusting things I've seen as a jets fan is when the oline BLATANTLY layed down in the game he started letting him get sacked like 11 times and concussed.  Pure disgrace and I have no doubt initiated by fat bully rex.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of the most disgusting things I've seen as a jets fan is when the oline BLATANTLY layed down in the game he started letting him get sacked like 11 times and concussed.  Pure disgrace and I have no doubt initiated by fat bully rex.

"There’s so much Prozac in our water that the run off in the Mississippi is making the fish suicidal. The little fish swim right up to pelicans because they want to die now"

- Alex Jones

-- You

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Maybe instead of stopping with the part you quoted, you should read the whole f*cking post you would see that I agree with you and that everything you just said is what I said right after that line.  Then, after you do that, realize that it still doesn't make Pepper Johnson right and posting this article with the headline "Pepper Johnson EVISCERATES Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers!!!!1!!1!" like a Teen Vogue writer making a headline for the front page of their magazine so people will read their juicy over exaggerated article detailing the latest f*cking K-Pop, boy band, romance drama any less ridiculous.  Especially when you read what he's saying and consider the f*cking source is, again, a malcontent know-it-all who doesn't "know it all" and hasn't gotten a job in two years after the guy, who everyone considers to be an in-over-his-head moron (MYSELF INCLUDED IN CASE YOU NEED TO SEE IT IN ALL CAPS) fired him.

First of all, Teen Vogue is doing some wonderful, clear-eyed journalism these days and deserves credit for that. Secondly, who gives a sh*t if Pepper Johnson is locked away in an insane asylum right now? He’s making a very specific claim against Kacy Rodgers that seems to be exceedingly on point—that, schematically, the Jets defense does some incoherent sh*t that doesn’t align with the smart sh*t the Patriots seem to do, and that it’s a systemic issue on the Jets that Todd Bowles isn’t willing to address. 

Wow....very telling interview

You would think someone like Belicheat is this totalitarian coach, but the fact that people have a voice on his staff makes him one of the best.

As far as the Jets go, this is very telling about our current regime, whom I'm trying hard to give a fair chance too, but I'm running out of things to hold on to.

The fact that Pepper called what would happen to Mo, and he would have kept Snacks says a lot in hindsight how things went down after Mo's extension.

The seemingly egotistical ways from the higher-ups(FO, Bowles, The coordinators) is not conducive to winning at all. Any effective leader in any type of organization has to make sure everyone's voice is at least heard and considered. anything else is a set up for failure.

The tidbit about Leo was also interesting, as a lot of people have felt that he's underwhelmed so far(who knows how Grady Jarrett would have looked in this defense, and he would have come much later in the draft)

Woody has always come off as a sensitive dunce, who just shows his face to events so that's not surprising at all.....Chris Johnson seems to be a breath of fresh air in that respect. Players often has talked bout him caring much more about the little nuances of the team and investing time in getting to know the players....I wish he was here for the long haul and hope he stays around in some capacity when the Dunce comes back to the States...

We also did get better production from the DL with Pepper as a coach...just saying

With Darnold now in the fold it becomes imperative that we have an entire organization that will invest in him and build around him correctly......look at how the Colts are in the process of ruining arguably the best QB prospect of this generation....I still don't think Chris Johnson pulls the trigger this year on either of Bowles or Mac but decisions should be made sooner or later

17 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Isn’t it the defensive line coach’s job to coach how the head coach and defensive coordinator want you to coach, and not the other way around?  

What if the defensive line coach is trying to keep the overhired defensive coordinator from self-immolation by imparting tips to that overhired loser gleaned from the best defensive mind in the history of the sport? 

And folks I understand that Pepper Johnson could be this disgruntled employee and he can’t get employed and blah blah blah....

But read this objectively....I’ve watch Bowles and Rodgers dial up all out blitz after all out blitz while playing Off-man in the secondary for 3 seasons now,and I’m always sitting to myself wondering WTF are we doing out there!!!  

Theres some credence to what he’s saying 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"There’s so much Prozac in our water that the run off in the Mississippi is making the fish suicidal. The little fish swim right up to pelicans because they want to die now"

- Alex Jones

-- You

I'm 100% fully confident in the statement i made. 

3 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Pepper Johnson who cant get a job on ANY of the 32 teams in the league, we are assuming knows better? Hmmmmmm............Ok

Jets Defense since Todd Bowles became Head Coach:

2015 - Ranked 4th in Yards Allowed, 9th in Point Allowed.  Ranked 3rd in Turnovers.  Ranked 13 vs. the Pass, 2 vs. the Run.

2016 - Ranked 11th in Yards Allowed, 28th in Points Allowed.  Ranked 28th in Turnovers.  Ranked 17 vs. the Pass, 11 vs. the Run.

2017 - Ranked 25th in Yards Allowed, 22nd in Points Allowed.  Ranked 20th in Turnovers.  Ranked 21 vs. the Pass, 24 vs. the Run.

Bowles has basically inherited a perennial Top 10 Defense, and reduced it under his leadership to a perennial bottom 5-10 Defense.

Now, is P.J. 100% right?  Judge for yourself.

But the result don;t just speak, they scream.  A Defensive Coach came in, and now three seasons later our Defense is among the worst int he NFL.

We'll see if 2018 is a turnaround, but frankly we shouldn't have to be talking about a turnaround, we never should have seen such a steep and precipitous decline to-date.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

First of all, Teen Vogue is doing some wonderful, clear-eyed journalism these days and deserves credit for that. Secondly, who gives a sh*t if Pepper Johnson is locked away in an insane asylum right now. He’s making a very specific claim against Kacy Rodgers that seems to be exceedingly on point—that, schematically, the Jets defense does some incoherent sh*t that doesn’t align with the smart sh*t the Patriots seem to do, and that it’s a systemic issue on the Jets that Todd Bowles isn’t willing to address. 

1st - Hardcore LOL at Teen Vogue and "clear eyed journalism".

2nd - Get the hell out of here with this "exceedingly on point" bullsh*t.  Unless you're actually on the coaching staff, know the schematics of the defense, know the calls, know the gameplan, know the blitz packages, know the substitutions, you have no f*cking idea if what Pepper is saying is true.  Nor do you know if his complaints were addressed after he was kicked to the curb for being an underperforming malcontent.  It's not something you can just watch on television and say is something that's going on.  You actually have to BE THERE to verify all of this.  Not only that, and I'll say it again, when the defense had all healthy, solid, talent, it looked legitimate and lived up to the hype (2015, Peppers 1st year of 2).  Fuccboi wasn't b*tching when he helped out that year, right?  Nah, he only b*tched after his unit fell apart, he became a malcontent, got fired, and couldn't find a job.  Not only did he b*tch, he bitched to a public f*cking cumrag like Deadspin.  Where are Joe Danna and Mark Collins public complaints?  They were fired the same season as Pepper.  Which of those guys looked like a soft, pudgy, crybaby when they had a meltdown press conference where they gave ridiculously embarrassing answers and refused to address any questions that didn't have to do with himself?

I wanna say that you're better than this, but the fact that you're doubling down on this nonsense is giving me pause.

I have no love for Bowles, but just reading this, Johnson is clearly completely bat sh*t crazy.  There's a reason he's been run out of the league entirely.  This was nothing other than the insane rants of a bitter man.

Forget even a single word about Bowles, before he even started on that, the nonsensical drivel about the correlation he was trying to make with Spygate is straight up certifiable.

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets Defense since Todd Bowles became Head Coach:

2015 - Ranked 4th in Yards Allowed, 9th in Point Allowed.  Ranked 3rd in Turnovers.  Ranked 13 vs. the Pass, 2 vs. the Run.

2016 - Ranked 11th in Yards Allowed, 28th in Points Allowed.  Ranked 28th in Turnovers.  Ranked 17 vs. the Pass, 11 vs. the Run.

2017 - Ranked 25th in Yards Allowed, 22nd in Points Allowed.  Ranked 20th in Turnovers.  Ranked 21 vs. the Pass, 24 vs. the Run.

Bowles has basically inherited a perennial Top 10 Defense, and reduced it under his leadership to a perennial bottom 5-10 Defense.

Now, is P.J. 100% right?  Judge for yourself.

But the result don;t just speak, they scream.  A Defensive Coach came in, and now three seasons later our Defense is among the worst int he NFL.

We'll see if 2018 is a turnaround, but frankly we shouldn't have to be talking about a turnaround, we never should have seen such a steep and precipitous decline to-date.

Agree. If Bowles doesn't deliver he's gone, or should be. Personally I don't buy into that Bowles doesn't care - just a different personality/ ego.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Parcells was the biggest culprit of bringing in his "guys" no matter where he went, it doesn't mean they were the best or brightest they were simply his guys.

I'm amazed people still fawn over this over rated blowhard coach.  He was a great HC with the Giants when there was no salary cap and teams with big $$$( cough Mara Tisch cough) could assemble teams full of great players. After that he always walked into can't lose scenarios like a white knight and always bailed when the going got tough and the cap got tight.

Um disagree. He is a hof coach. He k ew how to motivate players, game plan, punish  players for mistakes and manage the clock. 

Give it a rest! 

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1st - Hardcore LOL at Teen Vogue and "clear eyed journalism".

2nd - Get the hell out of here with this "exceedingly on point" bullsh*t.  Unless you're actually on the coaching staff, know the schematics of the defense, know the calls, know the gameplan, know the blitz packages, know the substitutions, you have no f*cking idea if what Pepper is saying is true.  Nor do you know if his complaints were addressed after he was kicked to the curb for being an underperforming malcontent.  It's not something you can just watch on television and say is something that's going on.  You actually have to BE THERE to verify all of this.  Not only that, and I'll say it again, when the defense had all healthy, solid, talent, it looked legitimate and lived up to the hype (2015, Peppers 1st year of 2).  Fuccboi wasn't b*tching when he helped out that year, right?  Nah, he only b*tched after his unit fell apart, he became a malcontent, got fired, and couldn't find a job.  Not only did he b*tch, he bitched to a public f*cking cumrag like Deadspin.  Where are Joe Danna and Mark Collins public complaints?  They were fired the same season as Pepper.  Which of those guys looked like a soft, pudgy, crybaby when they had a meltdown press conference where they gave ridiculously embarrassing answers and refused to address any questions that didn't have to do with himself?

I wanna say that you're better than this, but the fact that you're doubling down on this nonsense is giving me pause.

It sounds like you’re more pissed that this was from the cumrag tabloid trash Deadspin than anything about the merits of the claim. Do we know specifically what was wrong with the Jets defense schematically without being in the room? No. Do we know that the Jets defense blows despite the sh*t-ton of resources pumped into it year after year under Todd? Yes. Does a dude who was ACTUALLY IN THE ROOM have a better idea of what went on in that room than we do? I’D SAY SO MFER. Discount it all you want because it’s Pepper Johnson in Deadspin, but I’d say he’s not too worried about bagging on Todd or Kacy Rodgers because neither of those boneheads are going to get close to being in a position of authority again in their ******* lives. He’s spilling tea on two of the most dead men walking mother****ers in the history of the earth. 

So fans want to agree with his assessment of Bowles and Rogers but what about his spy gate comments?

Like it or not Bowles is the HC this season. It must be tough for the fans on here who root for a Jet victory but at the same time root for the demise of Bowles, and say I told you so about how average WillIams and Adams are and how horrible Lee is on a msg board. That's a rough Sunday.

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

First of all, Teen Vogue is doing some wonderful, clear-eyed journalism these days and deserves credit for that. Secondly, who gives a sh*t if Pepper Johnson is locked away in an insane asylum right now? He’s making a very specific claim against Kacy Rodgers that seems to be exceedingly on point—that, schematically, the Jets defense does some incoherent sh*t that doesn’t align with the smart sh*t the Patriots seem to do, and that it’s a systemic issue on the Jets that Todd Bowles isn’t willing to address. 

How anyone can take away ANYTHING other than this I genuinely don’t understand. 

6 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

So fans want to agree with his assessment of Bowles and Rogers but what about his spy gate comments?

Like it or not Bowles is the HC this season. It must be tough for the fans on here who root for a Jet victory but at the same time root for the demise of Bowles, and say I told you so about how average WillIams and Adams are and how horrible Lee is on a msg board. That's a rough Sunday.

1493.gif

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How anyone can take away ANYTHING other than this I genuinely don’t understand. Thats all my brain processed from the article 

It’s like when your wife cheats on you and, even though you know your wife is a huge ho-bag slut—you still blame the guy she banged because it’s easier to reconcile in your mind that someone outside the family unit is the aberration and not the one you’ve brought inside. It’s a way of absolving yourself from complicity. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s like when your wife cheats on you and, even though you know your wife is a huge ho-bag slut—you still blame the guy she banged because it’s easier to reconcile in your mind that someone outside the family unit is the aberration and not the one you’ve brought inside. It’s a way of absolving yourself from complicity. 

I am totally, weirdly in line with you on this

11 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I consciously included the spy gate stuff because it’s interesting and it confirms what I’ve always believed—that it was common practice and Goodell burned the Pats to preserve the one thing that he knows keeps the league profitable: gambling interests. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Damn right, Belichick D when he had studs knocked around Manning, held the greatest show on turf to beat them in the Super Bowl & picked off Wilson to win another one. More times than not those Patriot defenses made big plays at crucial moments. 

Do you feel confident against any team we play driving against us in the 4th quarter for the win since Bowles/Rogers have been here? It's more like oh f*ck, here we go again! I have ZERO confidence in Bowles defense to make a play in crunch time.

no. or at the end of the first half.  or at anytime, actually.  I do not get the Bowles rep for D.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He’s making a very specific claim against Kacy Rodgers that seems to be exceedingly on point—that, schematically, the Jets defense does some incoherent sh*t that doesn’t align with the smart sh*t the Patriots seem to do, and that it’s a systemic issue on the Jets that Todd Bowles isn’t willing to address. 

All that smart sh*t the Pats do have led to the 25th and 29th ranked D the last 2 years..  worse than, wait for it...

wait....

Los Yets....   now kindly go find a short pier and take a long walk.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

All that smart sh*t the Pats do have led to the 25th and 29th ranked D the last 2 years..  worse than, wait for it...

wait....

hard to draft top talent finishing first all the time, though.  a higher complement to his coaching, I think.

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I consciously included the spy gate stuff because it’s interesting and it confirms what I’ve always believed—that it was common practice and Goodell burned the Pats to preserve the one thing that he knows keeps the league profitable: gambling interests. 

Dude...you cannot be serious. This is flat earther stuff

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

wait....

Because you said “kindky” I will refrain from eviscerating you.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So I am waiting fort the last 5 posters that all said pepper johnson was out a job and sucks to in the 2nd part of their posts actually take him to task for what he is saying.

I really don't have anything critical to say about the interview considering the nature of all involved that he mentioned....They are all highly competitive individuals and type A personalities. The fact that Pepper Johnson played for, and worked for BB for so long validates his qualifications as far as I'm concerned, and I'd certainly defer to him as he knows far more about the game from a players and coaching standpoint than I do. Furthermore, his comments about the Jets coaches, at least for me, is hard to just dismiss. It just seems to have too much of a ring of truth to it, and anyone who doesn't think that the NFL "blackballs" so called undesirables, is either naive or plain ignorant.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

https://deadspin.com/q-a-pepper-johnson-on-drinking-with-bill-belichick-sp-1828726414/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Pretty crazy interview you should all read. He consciously pulls Todd’s name out because (as he admits early on in the interview) he’s trying to get back in the League and doesn’t want to burn bridges. I thought it was amazing that Pepper is trying to incorporate stuff he learned from Belichick but he gets vetoed by Todd and Kacy ******* Rodgers, who are now in charge of one of the worst pass rushing defenses in football. Really explains why Mo and Sheldon disappeared, too. 

Mo and Sheldon didn’t tank and miss meetings because they were unhappy with Bowles’ defensive philosophy. It was  because they lacked heart and desire, and we should be thankful to be rid of them. 

Archived