Pepper Johnson eviscerates Todd, Kacy Rodgers in illuminating interview

T0mShane

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What if the defensive line coach is trying to keep the overhired defensive coordinator from self-immolation by imparting tips to that overhired loser gleaned from the best defensive mind in the history of the sport? 

Not his job, obviously.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

What are talking about? You have to have SUCCESS, what the hell has Rogers proven to have an ego. Plus I'm talking about Bowles having NO EGO. 

You say you agreee with Johnson, but his criticism is that Rodgers has too much of an ego.. then you also say you want coaches with egos... make up your mind ....

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Parcells is pretty much at or near the top of everyone's best coaching tree.  Bad argument

What did I say that's represents a bad argument. Great HC with the Giants. In the salary cap era he rode into bleak situations spent to the brink looked like a hero and left the next HC/GM with the bill of goods when he couldn't complete the task. 

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You say you agreee with Johnson, but his criticism is that Rodgers has too much of an ego.. then you also say you want coaches with egos... make up your mind ....

Rodgers has too much of an ego? Did you read what this guy said? He's delusional.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Um disagree. He is a hof coach. He k ew how to motivate players, game plan, punish  players for mistakes and manage the clock. 

Give it a rest! 

Based on what ?? People act like the guy walks on water because he followed a horrible Kotite led Jets team with a 9-7 season.  His is maybe one of the biggest egomaniacs that ever coached a pro sport

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

So fans want to agree with his assessment of Bowles and Rogers but what about his spy gate comments?

Like it or not Bowles is the HC this season. It must be tough for the fans on here who root for a Jet victory but at the same time root for the demise of Bowles, and say I told you so about how average WillIams and Adams are and how horrible Lee is on a msg board. That's a rough Sunday.

Are you naive enough to think in this day and age of technology that the Pats were the only team brazen enough to "cheat" . 

This guy has an axe to grind and he's going "scorched earth" and calling out everyone and anyone...

This guy is out of work...I wonder why...did you read the article?  He sounds like a complete moron who is a cancer to any coaching staff...less to do with the Jets and more to do with Pepper Johnson.  If he's so good, why isn't he working?

This is not a balanced man .. I mean he can't even put a constructive criticism together...

'I’m going to tell you this. Todd really could care less. In my experience of dealing with him for two years, he really could care less. So I’m telling on myself. '

Wtf does that even mean??? Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

This guy has an axe to grind and he's going "scorched earth" and calling out everyone and anyone...

This guy is out of work...I wonder why...did you read the article?  He sounds like a complete moron who is a cancer to any coaching staff...less to do with the Jets and more to do with Pepper Johnson.  If he's so good, why isn't he working?

But let's look at it another way for a minute. What does an out of work football coach have to gain by going "scorched earth".I'm sure Deadspin isn't paying him enough per article to sustain a living

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

But let's look at it another way for a minute. What does an out of work football coach have to gain by going "scorched earth".I'm sure Deadspin isn't paying him enough per article to sustain a living

Boredom? He's pissed.  He wants revenge.  He wants to "tell his story" (of which there is always two side) and on and on on and on...if you are going to go down, you might as well go down with a bang...did you read what the guy said?

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Boredom? He's pissed.  He wants revenge.  He wants to "tell his story" (of which there is always two side) and on and on on and on...if you are going to go down, you might as well go down with a bang...did you read what the guy said?

I did and I don't think what he said was that bad. He questions what 90% of the posters here complain about , almost every game day with Bowles. We've seen the 10 yard cushions on 3rd and long we've seen blitzes with relaxed coverage. Why is it so much more offensive when someone who's closer to the situation say what most of us think.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I did and I don't think what he said was that bad. He questions what 90% of the posters here complain about , almost every game day with Bowles. We've seen the 10 yard cushions on 3rd and long we've seen blitzes with relaxed coverage. Why is it so much more offensive when someone who's closer to the situation say what most of us think.

I am not offended.  I've fired people and I've departed companies...I know what that looks and sounds like...and it's NEVER EVER good...

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I am not offended.  I've fired people and I've departed companies...I know what that looks and sounds like...and it's NEVER EVER good...

In fact, the last girl I fired would throw me under the bus 10000 times over if she had the opportunity, not a question in my mind...in fact, she probably already did...AND she was an absolute headcase.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

All that smart sh*t the Pats do have led to the 25th and 29th ranked D the last 2 years..  worse than, wait for it...

wait....

Los Yets....   now kindly go find a short pier and take a long walk.

The Pats had the best scoring defense in football in 2016 and were 5th last year.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well his point about pass rush and coverage is so totally correct.  I see us blitz (and we do an AWFUL job of disguising this often...oh adams has move up on the line outside of the DE?) and then watch as our cbs are playing 12 yards off on 3rd and 8.

Yeah I don’t get that either. On many blitz schemes the secondary should be playing man, up tight and jam the receivers. If you can hold them up and stick with them for 2 seconds it should be all over by then. 

34 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I would love to see all the posts of fans complaining about this. Also some highlights if thus would be nice. 

59 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Based on what ?? People act like the guy walks on water because he followed a horrible Kotite led Jets team with a 9-7 season.  His is maybe one of the biggest egomaniacs that ever coached a pro sport

Dude  seriously please, get off the crack pipe. 

First off hes won not 1 but 2 super bowls with the giants. 

He took a sh*tty patriots team and went to the super bowl. 

He took a sad sack jets franchise to the afc championship game. 

He has a winning record..

.570 record in POST season. 

There is NO other measure of coaching greatness than to be able to leave one team, go to another and turn them into contenders. 

One can make an argument that 2 super bowl rings makes you a hof coach. Not too many win twice, if ever. Tuna took the giants, jets and pats to conference championship  games. He took the giants and pats to the superbowl. 

Thats outstanding. Thats magical. Its not chuck knox winning a few rings with the same team. Its moving on to other sad sack franchises and makimg a winner out of a joke in short time. 

You can hate him but parcells is the goat

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Are you naive enough to think in this day and age of technology that the Pats were the only team brazen enough to "cheat" . 

Seriously?  I am not pointing out the validity of cheating. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of taking one portion of said interview as gospel while the talk of spy gate is completely ignored. Most fans on here accuse the pats of cheating but have conveniently ignored that portion of the interview. Except for Mr @TomShane

I would like to see all these posts of complaining how the blitz doesn't match the coverage. Maybe a clip or two of this?

And just FYI there are a ton of examples of running a blitz with soft coverage zone behind it. I ran a bunch in college. It's called letting a pitch and catch happen but making a stop before the sticks

6 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

2000 17th

2001 6th

2002 17th

2003 1st

2004 2nd

2005 17th

2006 2nd

2007 4th

2008 8th

2009 5th

2010 8th

2011 15th

2012 9th

2013 10th

2014 8th

2015 10th

2016 1st

2017 5th

Those are the points allowed rankings by the Patriots since Bill Belichick has gotten to New England. Top ten scoring defense in 14 of the 18 years he's been there. 7 times in the top 6. Never lower than 17th.

LOOKING AT THIS HURTS BY EYES

CRYBABY PEPPER MAN.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

One of the most disgusting things I've seen as a jets fan is when the oline BLATANTLY layed down in the game he started letting him get sacked like 11 times and concussed.  Pure disgrace and I have no doubt initiated by fat bully rex.

I am sorry this utter NONSENSE.  Please post one credible source, other than fans sites, that said that the OL deliberately allowed the QB to be sacked..

Just one please....

Thank you

And here are some links to the game:

https://nypost.com/2012/12/23/mcelroy-sacked-11-times-in-first-start-jets-fall-to-chargers/

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/chargers_sack_greg_mcelroy_11.html

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/greg-mcelroy-sacked-11-times-as-jets-lose-to-san-diego-chargers-1.4369521

Pepper Johnson can kiss my butt. I am no fan of Bowles(as everyone knows) and Kacy Rodgers should not be coaching a defense in a peewee league much less in the NFL. Johnson is unemployed and talking smack? If he was worth anything he would be coaching not sitting on the outside looking in. I want Bowles gone and he can take the predictable Kacy Rodgers with him. This defense that couldn't sack a QB if they were behind a wet paper bag is going to be a major problem. I blame the HC and DC for it and they should be held responsible if they can't get this defense producing. Hell I would be happy if they got into the top 15. That would be a miracle for defense led by Kacy the clown.

I would love to see all the posts of fans complaining about this. Also some highlights if thus would be nice. 

You really need evidence that the Jets D-backs under Bowles give receivers 10 yard cushions - Do you watch the games at all . 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Dude  seriously please, get off the crack pipe. 

First off hes won not 1 but 2 super bowls with the giants. 

He took a sh*tty patriots team and went to the super bowl. 

He took a sad sack jets franchise to the afc championship game. 

He has a winning record..

.570 record in POST season. 

There is NO other measure of coaching greatness than to be able to leave one team, go to another and turn them into contenders. 

One can make an argument that 2 super bowl rings makes you a hof coach. Not too many win twice, if ever. Tuna took the giants, jets and pats to conference championship  games. He took the giants and pats to the superbowl. 

Thats outstanding. Thats magical. Its not chuck knox winning a few rings with the same team. Its moving on to other sad sack franchises and makimg a winner out of a joke in short time. 

You can hate him but parcells is the goat

2 SB's with the  Giants when their money bag owners were allowed to buy them whatever groceries he wanted.

So taking a team to a SB is now a HOF worthy accomplishment.

He has a winning record - hahahah

If he made those new team perennial contenders I may be able to see your point . It's like when the Yankees used to buy all  the FA's available and everyone marveled at how great a franchise they were.
If Parcells was such a god of a coach why was he allowed to go to some many teams, shoudln't he have been locked up for life. Its because he was the master opportunist, looking for down trodden teams that he could make look better to feed his king size ego. He then left those teams in shambles which took 3-5 years to unwind his salary cap mess.

Maybe its you that needs to get off his crack pipe. 

Seriously?  I am not pointing out the validity of cheating. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of taking one portion of said interview as gospel while the talk of spy gate is completely ignored. Most fans on here accuse the pats of cheating but have conveniently ignored that portion of the interview. Except for Mr @TomShane

I would like to see all these posts of complaining how the blitz doesn't match the coverage. Maybe a clip or two of this?

And just FYI there are a ton of examples of running a blitz with soft coverage zone behind it. I ran a bunch in college. It's called letting a pitch and catch happen but making a stop before the sticks

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You really need evidence that the Jets D-backs under Bowles give receivers 10 yard cushions - Do you watch the games at all . 

Read my post again 

Archived