Mack traded to Bears

JetsFanatic

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Not sure how people can comment how good or bad this is before seeing the compensation the Bears dealt away. But Ok...

It could turn out to be different, but had been reported Oakland wanted 2 first rounders.  It has also been reported the Bears were the only team willing "to go where Oakland needed them to go".  I think it can be reasonably assume that is the compensation.

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Good 

People are batsh*t wanting to severely limit our resources to support Darnold over the next 2-3 years all for yet another defensive player.

Mack is one of the Top 3 passrushers in the league, but Darnold’s development takes precedent above all else.

The Bears just moved all-in on Mitch Trubinsky - not sure he’s shown he’s worth it.  I think this will prove a bad move for them.  Glad the Jets didn’t give the suspected compensation.  We need too much.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So it sounds like 2 picks, a player and probably a contract worth nearly 90 million guaranteed.  That's steep. 

WOW

Between the picks, a good player, and probably $140,00,000 over 6 years.  I'm glad they passed on a guy who's peak is the next 2-3 years.  Just when the Jets, and Darnold, are getting serious about a run, he'll be declining, and they'll still be paying him $25,000,000 a year.

Glad they passed.  Get an edge rusher 1st round next year, rest of draft and $90,000,000 FA money, OL and weapons. 

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jets should have pulled the trigger. Mac doesn't know how to draft so the picks are irrelevant and a player of Mack's caliber is rarely available.

Unless Mack can play 5 positions on the OLine at the same time, the move would have depleted any chance that we had of improving in a meaningful way for a couple years.

Also, many said the exact same thing about Cousins, and we’re all happy we didn’t spend that money.  Teams are getting smarter, there will continue to be big money stars available for big compensation.

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So it sounds like 2 picks, a player and probably a contract worth nearly 90 million guaranteed.  That's steep. 

If that's really what the final cost ends up being, that's absolutely insane and truly not worth it, no matter how good Mack is.  Assuming of course the player they're talking about is at minimum starting-quality, I can't see any scenario that this wouldn't be overpayment for anything but perhaps a QB.

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

WOW

Between the picks, a good player, and probably $140,00,000 over 6 years.  I'm glad they passed on a guy who's peak is the next 2-3 years.  Just when the Jets, and Darnold, are getting serious about a run, he'll be declining, and they'll still be paying him $25,000,000 a year.

Glad they passed.  Get an edge rusher 1st round next year, rest of draft and $90,000,000 FA money, OL and weapons. 

Exactly.  We still need an edge, but beyond that, we need to protect Sam and surround him with weapons.  McCown, Pryor, Enunwa, Anderson (RFA), Kearse, Carpenter, Sterling are all free agents in 2019.  We will need a back-up QB, 3 or 4 WRs and at least one, more likely two OLs and a TE.  Spend most of our respource on the offense.  Nothing should be more important over the next season or two than putting Sam int he best possible position to succeed.

As for Mack, let Aaron Rodgers & Kirk Cousins worry about him now.

Archived