JetsFanatic

Mack traded to Bears

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I’m against giving up what the Bears gave up, but if the Jets did it I’d still have a hard time not being excited about getting Mack, everyone who praises Leo including the media rave about how Leo had 27 or so QB pressures only 1 sack don’t worry the sacks will come, then you go look at Mack who had 75 QB pressures all by himself yes thats right 75!  The Bears as a team had 100 QB pressures all of last year, only 25 more then Mack by himself think about that.

IDK maybe 2 1st rounders, and paying him isn’t that crazy the more I look the more I start to become torn on the price tag, should Mack win another defensive player of the year award, and Darnold is the real deal the Jets are a playoff team that year, and every year that those 2 are playing at a high level.

There will never be a defensive player of the year under Bowles. Maybe a ROY, but no shot after that.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Watch us pair our 2019 1st rounder with our 2020 1st rounder to move up for an edge rusher

Lol, I said this about an hour, or so ago, and IF they did that then it better be for a can’t miss Myles Garrett type prospect that as Gettelman said about Barkley “my mother could scout him, and tell you he is the best player in the draft” or something like that.

But yeah it would be so Jetsy to use both 1st rounders to move up to draft a ?????? at the position instead of paying the same price for possibly the best defensive player in the league at the same position.

3 minutes ago, rldev said:

If they are better, it will be marginal. Carr doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to put in the work to be great.

That has to be the dumbest statement ever.   D Carr gets to work before J Gruden arrives. J Gruden says he never had a Qb pick up his offense faster than Carr has.( that doesn't happen without putting a lot of work in). A Qb in Gruden offense has so much on his plate , very complex offense that has so much motion, and where Qb has a lot of audible options.  

The Raiders protect Derek Carr he's going to put up monster numbers in Gruden's offense. ( by far the best Qb j Gruden has ever had in his career)

Just now, Larz said:

Watch us draft a WR and sign oline help and a TE and make a deep run in the playoffs 

Why would we sign a TE when our HC was just gushing about all the talent we have at the position this summer? 

Also why draft a WR after dozens of people similarly have gushed about steals like 7th round Charone Peake? Combine him with past high 2nd rounder Devin Smith, 3rd rounder Stewart, 4th rounder Hansen, blind luck UDFA Anderson (who is actually good)... we surely don't need any WRs either.

And I doubt we need any OL help. I mean don't you think a team with OL help would have drafted even one in the top 4 rounds in one of the past 4 drafts? This tells me our leader feels OL help is not needed, and he has earned our trust.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Why would we sign a TE when our HC was just gushing about all the talent we have at the position this summer? 

Also why draft a WR after dozens of people similarly have gushed about steals like 7th round Charone Peake? Combine him with past high 2nd rounder Devin Smith, 3rd rounder Stewart, 4th rounder Hansen, blind luck UDFA Anderson (who is actually good)... we surely don't need any WRs either.

And I doubt we need any OL help. I mean don't you think a team with OL help would have drafted even one in the top 4 rounds in one of the past 4 drafts? This tells me our leader feels OL help is not needed, and he has earned our trust.

My post I spent 2 seconds on tells you anything? 

Lol

Try to be positive bro it's better for your health 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol, I said this about an hour, or so ago, and IF they did that then it better be for a can’t miss Myles Garrett type prospect that as Gettelman said about Barkley “my mother could scout him, and tell you he is the best player in the draft” or something like that.

But yeah it would be so Jetsy to use both 1st rounders to move up to draft a ?????? at the position instead of paying the same price for possibly the best defensive player in the league at the same position.

...when we had almost $100 in cap room lol.

Look, I think it's too much in general. I'd be in favor of forking over a pair of 1s simply because of my lack of faith in this GM using these picks, or the cap room, wisely.

It's obvious that we'd be better off holding onto what we've got, draft someone even 75% as good as Mack in round 1, plus another good OL starter in round 1 next year, plus use what's left over towards signing yet another good, proven starter with the saved cap room.

More likely we'll end up with 1 so-so to decent starter who isn't a difference-maker, one below-average starter who'll start due to his draft slot, and we'll of course waste another $10m/year on scrubs. 

52 minutes ago, Vader said:

the secondary was horrible.

like i said the defense is made of different synergies that need to exist. Having either a pass rush (oakland) or a secondary (nyj) in isolation will never work.

i would never advocate trading for mack or fowler if i didn’t think the secondary was at least good enough to create that synergy.

Jets secondary was horrible also.  And they didn't have anykind of a pass rusher.

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

Breeland isn't healthy. That must be some infection. Probably not in great shape either 

That isn't the case the Raiders were going to sign him but he wanted more than they could offer at the time.( Raiders were up against salary cap , and could only offer so much).   They contacted him about a week ago ( second time).  Let's see what happens now they cleared a lot of salary space.

As long as the Raiders let Paul Gunther pick the players for his defense . ( he knows exactly what he's looking for ).  He had to have a big hand in the defensive players the Raiders drafted this year. 

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why would anyone ever take what a coach says in the summer as gospel? 

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

That isn't the case the Raiders were going to sign him but he wanted more than they could offer at the time.( Raiders were up against salary cap , and could only offer so much).   They contacted him about a week ago ( second time).  Let's see what happens now they cleared a lot of salary space.

As long as the Raiders let Paul Gunther pick the players for his defense . ( he knows exactly what he's looking for ).  He had to have a big hand in the defensive players the Raiders drafted this year. 

Yeah franchise changing corners are usually street free agents that are picky 

@AdamSchefter

Trade official, source tells ESPN: Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick. So Bears get back second-round pick, too

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:
@AdamSchefter

Trade official, source tells ESPN: Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick. So Bears get back second-round pick, too

Wait till rumors start to swirl that the Jets offer was passed over because the Bears had a 2019 6th rounder that they threw in last minute to put them over the top of the Jets offer, and Jets couldn’t match because they traded away their 6th rounder in the TBW deal 😂

BTW, What a time to play with Raiders fans' emotions. Getting rid of a generational player a year before moving the team to a new city under the promise that the head coach who apparently never valued said generational player will find other players of that caliber in the future? (which he will be part of because he's on a 10 f#cking year deal) 

That's a tightrope walk for the powers that be. They need to make exceptional use of their newly acquired draft capital to justify this and win back skeptical and emotionally distraught fans.

1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

Jets likely offered a mix of picks including a first and a clue of thirds.  Doubt they offered two firsts.

The Jets best offer was probably Leo Williams, and 2020 1st, and 2019 3rd. 

7 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

BTW, What a time to play with Raiders fans' emotions. Getting rid of a generational player a year before moving the team to a new city under the promise that the head coach who apparently never valued said generational player will find other players of that caliber in the future? (which he will be part of because he's on a 10 f#cking year deal) 

That's a tightrope walk for the powers that be. They need to make exceptional use of their newly acquired draft capital to justify this and win back skeptical and emotionally distraught fans.

What do they care what the people in Oakland think.  The Radiers are moving to Vegas

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

J Gruden speciality is offense.  Do you really think he cares about defense .    If the Raiders signed Mack to that extension , you could kiss Amari Cooper gone.,.   A Cooper is  easily a 1,500 yard receiver this season.

Raiders defense will be so much better this year than the 2017 version. ( even without their best player ) .  Way better defensive coordinator .  It's a shame we never got to see k Mack play in this new defense.    she could easily put up 20 sacks this year.

Arden Key winning D -ROY  this year will go a long way in getting over this Mack trade.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

J Gruden speciality is offense.  Do you really think he cares about defense .    If the Raiders signed Mack to that extension , you could kiss Amari Cooper gone.,.   A Cooper is  easily a 1,500 yard receiver this season.

Raiders defense will be so much better this year than the 2017 version. ( even without their best player ) .  Way better defensive coordinator .  It's a shame we never got to see k Mack play in this new defense.    she could easily put up 20 sacks this year.

Arden Key winning D -ROY  this year will go a long way in getting over this Mack trade.

Well I see you've convinced yourself everything will work out, but I'm not certain a large number of fans from Oakland or otherwise will agree... and not for nothing but where did all their money go when they couldn't sign both Cooper AND Mack? Carr and that O-line shouldn't preclude them from retaining their last two cornerstone pieces. 50 million in cap space next year I'm seeing, they couldn't that done?

7 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

It gets better. Raiders actually gave up a 5th round pick for AJ Mcarron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like overpayment.   For bills, they pay 2 mil this year and next in their cap, but at least get a 5th out of it.