Mack traded to Bears

JetsFanatic

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Bad deal for both teams

giving two 1sts and paying 20 million a year for a team not ready to contend is dumb

but for Raiders, you just can’t give up players like Mack

Imagine trading a bunch of picks to move up for Trubisky, then seeing what Trubisky is, then giving yourself a two year window to win with him whil throwing away your number ones. 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Baby Bosa, Ferrell, Montez Sweat (guy I think will be there when Jets pick) , and as a Canes fan Joe Jackson.

Any of these guys will greatly upgrade the Jets pass rush cheap for 5 years and give the Jets lots of money for OL, and a stud WR.

Honestly, I think there’ll be pass rushers they could throw money at and use their (high) number one on the OL. Just yam the offense up with your next two drafts. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Would imagine the price will be the next two 1st rounders.  

I love Mack obviously, but I can't blame the Jets for not paying that price.

And I say bulls%$t on that. This is a guy that would have exponentially made the Jets defense better. They have been looking for a pass rusher like this guy for decades. I would not have hesitated for a second to give two first rounders. The Jets have all kinds of cap space to sign him to a front loaded contract. In fact I SCREAM BULLS%$T on Maccagnan for not making the deal.

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Bad deal for both teams

giving two 1sts and paying 20 million a year for a team not ready to contend is dumb

but for Raiders, you just can’t give up players like Mack

Reminds me of when the Jets traded Revis, and the return would have been similar had we moved him before he tore his ACL. 

Hindsight 20/20 if the Jets hadn’t traded Revis they wouldn’t have picked Milliner. 

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Baby Bosa, Ferrell, Montez Sweat (guy I think will be there when Jets pick) , and as a Canes fan Joe Jackson.

Any of these guys will greatly upgrade the Jets pass rush cheap for 5 years and give the Jets lots of money for OL, and a stud WR.

You never solve oline  problems with cap money.  I've been calling for an edge rusher for years but if they take one with next years 1st if there is a very good olineman on the board I'll be very pissed.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine trading a bunch of picks to move up for Trubisky, then seeing what Trubisky is, then giving yourself a two year window to win with him whil throwing away your number ones. 

They traded a third round pick to move up for Trubisky not three seconds like we did for Darnold. 

They also have a young/solid Oline in place and brought in weapons like Robinson and Burton for Trubisky. 

The Bears are going to be good, but whether or not they are good enough to compete in a loaded NFC depends on how good Trubisky actually is. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You never solve oline  problems with cap money.  I've been calling for an edge rusher for years but if they take one with next years 1st if there is a very good olineman on the board I'll be very pissed.

I think there are rare opportunities - particularly at guard where guys are undervalued. Norwell would've been a huge signing this year, I think that was potentially a missed opportunity. Andrew Whitworth was a huge signing for the Rams because the Bengals thought he was too old.

Definitely agree I'd rather see them focus on offense early - give Darnold a good support system. Greg Little is my guy early. Should be able to find a replacement for Carpenter with one of the 3's but I bet they attack that in FA.

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What OLB would you be targeting in next years free agency?

Let’s put it this way: next year’s crop of free agent OL is so bad that Ben Iljana might be in high demand. Here’s a partial list of edge rusher slated to be free agents next year: 

076420F0-CAA2-4EB2-863D-A988F683C231.png

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s put it this way: next year’s crop of free agent OL is so bad that Ben Iljana might be in high demand. Here’s a partial list of edge rusher slated to be free agents next year: 

076420F0-CAA2-4EB2-863D-A988F683C231.png

To be quite honest, I have almost no interest in any of those guys.  But, that is just me.  They are either old and on the downside, or have been busts.  Clowney and maybe Lawrence are the only ones who are interesting and I don't see either of those teams letting them go.  I understand there are basically no LTs either.  You just mentioned you would spend money on an edge rusher, and I just don't see anyone worth it.

5 minutes ago, derp said:

I think there are rare opportunities - particularly at guard where guys are undervalued. Norwell would've been a huge signing this year, I think that was potentially a missed opportunity. Andrew Whitworth was a huge signing for the Rams because the Bengals thought he was too old.

Definitely agree I'd rather see them focus on offense early - give Darnold a good support system. Greg Little is my guy early. Should be able to find a replacement for Carpenter with one of the 3's but I bet they attack that in FA.

That is the issue maybe one good player comes free in fa a year for the oline and then 20 teams make offers on him.  We did not get norwell no reason to believe we are going to get other difference makers.  Even whitworth who turned out good is still and old player when he was picked up.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Raiderholic must be summoned to tell  us why mack is overrated and those two 1st rounders are gold.

K Mack was worth every penny he's going to get- can and will get much better as a player. ( still just scratching the surface . 

I would have signed him for his asking price, and built my defense around him.    No way the Raiders get anyone close to K Mack with either of those first rounders.   

Hopefully they give Raiders DC Paul Guenther the say who he wants with that first round draft choice.( did a great job with defense lineman they drafted this year) .    I would have loved to see what K Mack could do with a real DC.   

I am disgusted the Jets traded THREE second round picks to move up 3 spots in the draft without knowing who is going to be there!
Using that as an example is valid although they weren't two first round picks. Personally I didn't want the Jets to give up two 1st rounder's for Mack. Maybe the raiders wanted one of the safeties to compensate the other 1st rounder and balked.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just my opinion but while 2019 looks like a good OT draft, outside of Trey Adams, (BEAST) and maybe Little, most of the OT's look like RT's to me.

Suspect Mac is going to fatten up on OL in FA, and go edge in the draft.  Of course it's almost a year away and a lot could happen, but right now 2019 looks for edge rushers what 2018 was for QB's

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

K Mack was worth every penny he's going to get- can and will get much better as a player. ( still just scratching the surface . 

I would have signed him for his asking price, and built my defense around him.    No way the Raiders get anyone close to K Mack with either of those first rounders.   

Hopefully they give Raiders DC Paul Guenther the say who he wants with that first round draft choice.( did a great job with defense lineman they drafted this year) .    I would have loved to see what K Mack could do with a real DC.   

Love that you're a regular (or at least semi regular) on this forum.  It's cool to have a fan of another team who isn't even in our division on here for opinions (especially in light of the Mack news).  Out of curiosity, how come you're on a Jets' forum?

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Good 

People are batsh*t wanting to severely limit our resources to support Darnold over the next 2-3 years all for yet another defensive player.

Mack is one of the Top 3 passrushers in the league, but Darnold’s development takes precedent above all else.

Yeah. It’s almost as if the last three offseasons couldn’t have been used to build a solid team for a QB to come into, instead of getting the QB with not much to talk about around him. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Just my opinion but while 2019 looks like a good OT draft, outside of Trey Adams, (BEAST) and maybe Little, most of the OT's look like RT's to me.

Suspect Mac is going to fatten up on OL in FA, and go edge in the draft.  Of course it's almost a year away and a lot could happen, but right now 2019 looks for edge rushers what 2018 was for QB's

Did we fatten up on oline this past draft with tons of cap room?  The guys you get in oline fa are guys with  injury histories (Beachum and the guy we had before him) any real good player is courted by 20 teams.  Expect to get guys like Spencer long in fa.

I think it is a real mistake that mac has made in assuming we can get a good oline via fa.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. It’s almost as if the last three offseasons couldn’t have been used to build a solid team for a QB to come into, instead of getting the QB with not much to talk about around him. 

What good does bitching about the past do?

Moving forward, the Jets need to build up the offense around Darnold. Not send two 1st round picks+ to the Raiders for a $25 million a year edgerusher.

Archived