Mack traded to Bears

JetsFanatic

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why would we sign a TE when our HC was just gushing about all the talent we have at the position this summer? 

Also why draft a WR after dozens of people similarly have gushed about steals like 7th round Charone Peake? Combine him with past high 2nd rounder Devin Smith, 3rd rounder Stewart, 4th rounder Hansen, blind luck UDFA Anderson (who is actually good)... we surely don't need any WRs either.

And I doubt we need any OL help. I mean don't you think a team with OL help would have drafted even one in the top 4 rounds in one of the past 4 drafts? This tells me our leader feels OL help is not needed, and he has earned our trust.

Why would anyone ever take what a coach says in the summer as gospel? 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

That isn't the case the Raiders were going to sign him but he wanted more than they could offer at the time.( Raiders were up against salary cap , and could only offer so much).   They contacted him about a week ago ( second time).  Let's see what happens now they cleared a lot of salary space.

As long as the Raiders let Paul Gunther pick the players for his defense . ( he knows exactly what he's looking for ).  He had to have a big hand in the defensive players the Raiders drafted this year. 

Yeah franchise changing corners are usually street free agents that are picky 

@AdamSchefter

Trade official, source tells ESPN: Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick. So Bears get back second-round pick, too

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:
@AdamSchefter

Trade official, source tells ESPN: Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick. So Bears get back second-round pick, too

Wait till rumors start to swirl that the Jets offer was passed over because the Bears had a 2019 6th rounder that they threw in last minute to put them over the top of the Jets offer, and Jets couldn’t match because they traded away their 6th rounder in the TBW deal ?

BTW, What a time to play with Raiders fans' emotions. Getting rid of a generational player a year before moving the team to a new city under the promise that the head coach who apparently never valued said generational player will find other players of that caliber in the future? (which he will be part of because he's on a 10 f#cking year deal) 

That's a tightrope walk for the powers that be. They need to make exceptional use of their newly acquired draft capital to justify this and win back skeptical and emotionally distraught fans.

7 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

BTW, What a time to play with Raiders fans' emotions. Getting rid of a generational player a year before moving the team to a new city under the promise that the head coach who apparently never valued said generational player will find other players of that caliber in the future? (which he will be part of because he's on a 10 f#cking year deal) 

That's a tightrope walk for the powers that be. They need to make exceptional use of their newly acquired draft capital to justify this and win back skeptical and emotionally distraught fans.

What do they care what the people in Oakland think.  The Radiers are moving to Vegas

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

J Gruden speciality is offense.  Do you really think he cares about defense .    If the Raiders signed Mack to that extension , you could kiss Amari Cooper gone.,.   A Cooper is  easily a 1,500 yard receiver this season.

Raiders defense will be so much better this year than the 2017 version. ( even without their best player ) .  Way better defensive coordinator .  It's a shame we never got to see k Mack play in this new defense.    she could easily put up 20 sacks this year.

Arden Key winning D -ROY  this year will go a long way in getting over this Mack trade.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

J Gruden speciality is offense.  Do you really think he cares about defense .    If the Raiders signed Mack to that extension , you could kiss Amari Cooper gone.,.   A Cooper is  easily a 1,500 yard receiver this season.

Raiders defense will be so much better this year than the 2017 version. ( even without their best player ) .  Way better defensive coordinator .  It's a shame we never got to see k Mack play in this new defense.    she could easily put up 20 sacks this year.

Arden Key winning D -ROY  this year will go a long way in getting over this Mack trade.

Well I see you've convinced yourself everything will work out, but I'm not certain a large number of fans from Oakland or otherwise will agree... and not for nothing but where did all their money go when they couldn't sign both Cooper AND Mack? Carr and that O-line shouldn't preclude them from retaining their last two cornerstone pieces. 50 million in cap space next year I'm seeing, they couldn't that done?

7 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

It gets better. Raiders actually gave up a 5th round pick for AJ Mcarron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like overpayment.   For bills, they pay 2 mil this year and next in their cap, but at least get a 5th out of it.

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders will win more games in 2018 than the Jets.  Only position you might say the Jets are better than the  Raiders is in the secondary.( will that be the case by the start of the season- With the money Raiders saved trading Mack I expect CB B Breeland to sign with the Raiders. ( had him in twice already)    Also even without K Mack , the  Raiders are going to generate a pass rush( pass rush will always help a secondary out.  See the Jet's  secondary all preseason was exposed bigtime without any pressure.

Also Paul Guenther ( Raiders DC). Scheme is so good on defense that the Raiders defense will be better than the Jets this year. 

That may or may not be true.  I wasn’t making a prediction about the jets, just about the raiders and bears.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Because the Jets outbid everyone else and he still chose to play somewhere else.  Let's not act like the Jets didn't want the guy. They wanted him badly.

Macc stayed in too long and got used. 

There was never a logical reason for Cousins to choose the Jets, his agent leaked the nonsense about them loving NYC or such crap. 

Gotta wonder if Macc is so sick of coming in 2nd on theses big deals means the next one he's going all in no holds barred stupid money lol

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Pocket change....

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Macc stayed in too long and got used. 

There was never a logical reason for Cousins to choose the Jets, his agent leaked the nonsense about them loving NYC or such crap. 

Gotta wonder if Macc is so sick of coming in 2nd on theses big deals means the next one he's going all in no holds barred stupid money lol

I hope he isn't sick of it because I'm alright with Maccagnan's mindset as it stands; set your price, don't go past it and move on.

Mehta (yeah, I know) phrased it the right way earlier today, the Jets GM knows when to draw the line between being aggressive and reckless. Sometimes that means losing out on a guy like Cousins or a guy like Mack in a bidding war, sometimes that means grabbing a franchise QB with a trade you can more than live with. At the end of the day he can look himself in the mirror and say he did everything he could short of going too far.

This ability to tow that line between going for the big one and being desperate is probably my favorite feature of our GM right now. Now, if only his draft picks would pan out a little better...

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Because the Jets outbid everyone else and he still chose to play somewhere else.  Let's not act like the Jets didn't want the guy. They wanted him badly.

Please :  Cousins was NEVER coming to the Jets. He just used us as leverage.

Are there any offensive players on the Jets right now, outside of Darnold, that you think will for sure be on our team in two years?  We've got to prioritize that over getting an edge rusher; even one as talented as Mack.  

Mack might genuinely be worth the two firsts and the money to some teams, but not to us.  

And probably not to the Bears either because of this:

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Are the Bears now favored in the NFC North?  Are they 2nd?

Strange move all around. 

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders will win more games in 2018 than the Jets.  Only position you might say the Jets are better than the  Raiders is in the secondary.( will that be the case by the start of the season- With the money Raiders saved trading Mack I expect CB B Breeland to sign with the Raiders. ( had him in twice already)    Also even without K Mack , the  Raiders are going to generate a pass rush( pass rush will always help a secondary out.  See the Jet's  secondary all preseason was exposed bigtime without any pressure.

Also Paul Guenther ( Raiders DC). Scheme is so good on defense that the Raiders defense will be better than the Jets this year. 

You guys are like year 3 into your franchise QB, had one of the best d players in the game and are supposed to be challenging for a super bowl.  I would think that if the raider merely win more games than the jets that would be a massive disappointment for a team that is supposed to win now.

Archived