2019 edge rushers first look

maury77

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m pretty much there. His competition is nonexistent, really. DTs?... no thanks. I don’t think any of the WR are soooo good, or maybe more aptly put, are sooo much better than the mid round guys that I would take one over Allen. 

Tackle is really the only discussion... I don’t know. Not seeing any Joe Thomases... and Allen is going to be a Suggs caliber playmaker IMO. 

If we stay in a 3-4 his value to the Jets is extremely high.  

41 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If we stay in a 3-4 his value to the Jets is extremely high.  

Agreed. As much as I want to draft offense, i'd have a hard time slamming the Allen pick. It's not crazy to think you can get a starting Split-end WR in the 3rd round with this class... But I don't see an complete package pass rushing OLB "sliding" into the 3rd. 

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Agreed. As much as I want to draft offense, i'd have a hard time slamming the Allen pick. It's not crazy to think you can get a starting Split-end WR in the 3rd round with this class... But I don't see an complete package pass rushing OLB "sliding" into the 3rd. 

Those are some of the hardest players to find in the draft IMO.  Lots of edge guys who can’t play in space, lots of OLBers who can’t be a factor in rushing the passer, but to find one who can do both is rare breed.  Allen is pro-typical 3-4 OLB, can do it all. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

So... that meteoric rise we expected, came early.

Allen is now being mocked consistently in the top 10, and recently trending in the top 5.

Ledyard has him at #2... FFS! 

Suddenly not even a lock at 3 that we'll get a crack at this bastard. 

And Ledyard has the Jets taking Quinnen Williams in that mock.  Lol...  How very Jet like would that pick be?  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The last two most recent mocks I saw over at The Draft Network had Metcalf in the top 10.  Both having Buffalo taking him. 

Havent spend enough time on Metcalf (yet) to have a strong opinion on that.... but this is beginning to stink of something draft media driven. They need someone, anyone (RB,WR,QB) to rally around in the top 10... no fun to have 8 Dlineman, a CB and OT.... So they're playing names until one catches fire. 

I wouldn't be surprises (as of today anyway) to see it go just like i described. 8/1/1 

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously not the guy to take at #3 but some mention should be made of Oshane Ximines.

Someone needs to take this guy. In the entire combined history of MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA, there has never been a player with a last name starting with X. The was a minor league infielder named Joe Xavier (Oak, Milw) who made it to AAA but that is about it.

I know, not an important point or much help for the Jets, just someone to root for.

Archived