Sign in to follow this  
maury77

2019 edge rushers first look

Rate this topic

Alabama :

Had to laugh last nite when Jennings took a penalty on a 3rd down that kept a Louisville drive alive. Saban was LIVID since it was a close game at the time with Bama only up 41-0. lol

On 9/2/2018 at 8:13 AM, maury77 said:

I think the Jets will be good enough that Bosa will not be a realistic option for them, so I have my eyes on Burns and Sweat. 

I would would throw Kentucky’s Josh Allen in there as maybe a late first round guy.  Looks the part of an every down 3-4 OLB.  

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Josh Allen -- unfortunately for Fla -- is the real deal. 

I actually watched Allen play in high school.  He is a Jersey kid from Montclair.  Didn’t have a ton of D1 interest coming out.  He’s grown an inch and put on 25 pounds since entering college.  

6 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I actually watched Allen play in high school.  He is a Jersey kid from Montclair.  Didn’t have a ton of D1 interest coming out.  He’s grown an inch and put on 25 pounds since entering college.  

I can't pretend to know him at that level. I haven't even really dug into the film that's out there.... just a few clips here and there. But then I watched him this week and boy... that guy looks like he's gonna be steal. He can do it all. 

On 9/4/2018 at 8:48 AM, sec101row23 said:

I would would throw Kentucky’s Josh Allen in there as maybe a late first round guy.  Looks the part of an every down 3-4 OLB.  

I like him too if he keeps playing like this no way we can draft him he’ll be long gone

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:48 AM, sec101row23 said:

I was about to say that what the Jets need is a guy who plays OLB not DE. So yes, a pass rusher but someone super athletic and quick. While I would take Bosa anyway- he's just such an elite talent- a more realistic option might be Josh Allen, the best Pass Rushing OLB prospect. I'm not sure if he can be a true 3 down LB, maybe, he certainly doesn't have coverage skills. But he is solid against the run, and has the size, speed and pass rushing ability to stay on the field in most situations.

The Jets won 5 games last year and ended up with the 6th pick. If they win 8 this year, they will probably be out of the running for Allen.  

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

I was about to say that what the Jets need is a guy who plays OLB not DE. So yes, a pass rusher but someone super athletic and quick. While I would take Bosa anyway- he's just such an elite talent- a more realistic option might be Josh Allen, the best Pass Rushing OLB prospect. I'm not sure if he can be a true 3 down LB, maybe, he certainly doesn't have coverage skills. But he is solid against the run, and has the size, speed and pass rushing ability to stay on the field in most situations.

The Jets won 5 games last year and ended up with the 6th pick. If they win 8 this year, they will probably be out of the running for Allen.  

i would contest that statement. 

I've got to watch the 2018 tape on Allen. I watched some of his 2017 tape. Definitely a very good player, but I have questions about how his skill set may translate to the NFL. He needs to add weight and strength, along with adding some pass rush moves. 

On 9/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, maury77 said:

I've got to watch the 2018 tape on Allen. I watched some of his 2017 tape. Definitely a very good player, but I have questions about how his skill set may translate to the NFL. He needs to add weight and strength, along with adding some pass rush moves. 

He's stepped up this year, IMO. His game against Florida will be heavily leaned on coming next feb-march. 

Pauline recently singled him out as a riser w/ rnd 1 potential.