2018 NY Jets Practice Squad

Maxman

4 of 10 spots have been announced so far.

The Jets added four players — DBs Brandon Bryant and Jeremy Clark and LBs Frankie Luvu and Anthony Wint — to their 10-man practice squad after finalizing their 53-man roster Saturday night.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-sign-four-players-to-their-practice-squad?campaign=tw

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luvu.jpg

The NY Jets have officially announced that four players have been signed to their practice squad. That means they have six spots left, so you can expect several updates over the next few days. Here is what we know so far:

The Jets added four players — DBs Brandon Bryant and Jeremy Clark and LBs Frankie Luvu and Anthony Wint — to their 10-man practice squad after finalizing their 53-man roster Saturday night.

Here are some other rumored signings.

You can expect the Jets to sign a QB to the practice squad. Whether or not it is recently waived John Wolford or someone else remains to be seen. Be sure to check our 2018 NY Jets Practice Squad thread for updates as they happen.

The post Jets Announce 4 Practice Squad Signings; Other Rumors appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
h2DEXSsgWrU

Click here to read the full story...

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think we'll add a Qb. My guess is Wolford but there are other guys available like Cardale Jones. 

They are definitely going to add a QB. My guess is they know there is no rush for Wolford so they can take a day or two. But Wolford looked interesting in the last preseason game. He doesn't have great size for a QB but it is only the practice squad so there isn't a lot of risk.

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think we'll add a Qb. My guess is Wolford but there are other guys available like Cardale Jones. 

I’d grab the kid the Lions cut for 2 reasons, first he showed he can play well against backups in the preseason 2 years in a row, and 2nd get a little intel on week 1 opponent.

37 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If we do add a QB, which we should, those are the two names I don't want too see. They both suck and don't even have backup abilities.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I thought that Wolford was ok against Philly for a guy who just signed with the team. I kind of like him. 

He's a feel good story that has no business taking up a practice squad spot.

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's a feel good story that has no business taking up a practice squad spot.

He was a four year starter at Wake Forest and had a real good career. Just look at some of the Qbs who we've had on our PS. Not exactly big time names. He's definitely good enough to be on a practice squad. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was a starter at Wake Forest and had a real good career. Just look at some of the Qbs who we've had on our PS. Not exactly big time names. He's definitely good enough to be on a practice squad. 

He's short, unathletic, and has a weak arm. I'd rather use my practice squad for players that might actually play in the NFL. More than likely his career is over.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

He's short, unathletic, and has a weak arm. I'd rather use my practice squad for players that might actually play in the NFL. More than likely his career is over.

Short unathletic guys are sometimes good football players. Brady was skinny and unathletic. You might be right and he wasn't drafted but super athletes and physical specimens like Vern Gholston are not always good football players. Let's see what he does on the field before typecasting him. 

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They are definitely going to add a QB. My guess is they know there is no rush for Wolford so they can take a day or two. But Wolford looked interesting in the last preseason game. He doesn't have great size for a QB but it is only the practice squad so there isn't a lot of risk.

I was thinking Pats will grab Wolford if just to pick his brain, but he's like another Flutie and more accurate than Hoyer. Turns out they added Etling back to PS.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

In the end he'll never be a NFL back-up. He was a camp body and nothing more, so I'm not sure why you would want him wasting a spot on the PS. 

You simply do'nt know that. He showed good awareness and anticipation and the Jets liked him as a tryoput. He clearly outplayed Hack not that is saying a huge amount

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You simply do'nt know that. He showed good awareness and anticipation and the Jets liked him as a tryoput. He clearly outplayed Hack not that is saying a huge amount

Did you miss the point where I said he was a short, unathletic QB, with a weak arm? He'll be lucky too make a practice squad. 

48 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was a four year starter at Wake Forest and had a real good career. Just look at some of the Qbs who we've had on our PS. Not exactly big time names. He's definitely good enough to be on a practice squad. 

He's 5'11 1/2'' and has a 3'11'' arm

47 minutes ago, RobR said:

In the end he'll never be a NFL back-up. He was a camp body and nothing more, so I'm not sure why you would want him wasting a spot on the PS. 

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Did you miss the point where I said he was a short, unathletic QB, with a weak arm? He'll be lucky too make a practice squad. 

He had a 63.9 comp %, 29 TDs, 6 INT, 3192 YDS, 158 QBR senior year. An accurate arm is what you need as a camp arm. It serves the purpose of practice better than a big arm that misses targets all day.  

Archived