New Defensive Coordinator - Rob Ryan??

Barton

Reports say Donnie wont be back. Mangini wants to bring in his own guys, and you have to understand that.

Mangini is a defensive coach, so he'll want somebody he knows will run a defense the way he likes it. Apparently, Rob Ryan could be his #1 target.

What do you know about Ryan?

I know in 2004 he played a frickin 3-4 defense with Ted Washington and Warrenn Sapp. Idiotic move, those 2 Dtackles are fit for the 4-3, not the 3-4. Raiders defense was a pathetic joke in 2004 under Rob Ryan.

This past year, they went back to the 4-3, and the defense was better, but still not good. I dont know what their rank was?

Does Rob Ryan run an aggressive defense with alot of blitzes? What else does he do?

Does Rob Ryan run an aggressive defense with alot of blitzes? What else does he do?

I dunno what he does, but I know what he did. Ran the Raiders defense into the ground... that's what.

I'm all for the Mangini hiring... but I don't want that clown apart of his staff.

I haven't heard anything about it... but I guess Mangini wouldn't mind keeping Dinger on, eh?

How can you possibly judge Ryan based on OAKLAND, with Norv Turner as his boss and Al Davis making personel decisions?

However, I am not sure if D-Rob can play in the 3-4. That will be for Mangini to evaluate. If he feels that he can, then I am all for bringing in Ryan.

How can you possibly judge Ryan based on OAKLAND, with Norv Turner as his boss and Al Davis making personel decisions?

Because... that's what we have to work with?

That's all I know from the cat. That he was with Oakland, and their defense wasn't good. So, that's what I judge on. Is it fair? That's debatable. But it's all we have to go on, as I'm far too lazy to do any research.

Ryan had crap to work with in Oakland.

The scary part is he would come to town with crap to work with on the DL here.

LOL hardly.

Jets have as much talent on the Dline in the NFL as anybody. We just need the right schemes to get the results and the right coaching. Mangini should be able to enforce more on weight restrictions.

And it wasnt just DRob who was overweight. If look at a picture of Ellis from the 2003 season and compare it to a picture of him from this 2005 season, he is much fatter in 2005. Now, compare him from 2002 to 2005, and damn he got larger.

Bryan Thomas, imo, can be a good player, a 7 or 8 sack type D-end. And in the 3-4, thats pretty good.

Jets front 7 is as talented as any, and has great potential.

Archived