Our great scout GM selected ArDarius Stewart over Kareem Hunt

Jetsbb

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, section314 said:

Unless Wikipedia is wrong, since 2014 , 4 OL picked in the first 4 rounds have made the Pro Bowl. Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin and Trai Turner, all in 2014(pre Macc) and Brandon Scherf, taken right before Leo, in 2015. Doesn't seem like we've missed out on a bunch of future Canton guys.

**** Canton. How about average? How about better than the sh*tshow that is Qvale and Ijalana....and not having to rely on the always broken Beachum?

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

the hack over Deion Jones? whaat?  maybe that's why he went back to back safety since he missed out on back to back LB, realized he needed Lee insurance

Lynch + Deion Jones >>> Lee + Hack

wait I can't see this I mean Deon Jone is better then Lee but Hack and Lynch both suck. So you want to get on the GM for drafting Lee and drafting Jones?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mac places zero value on the oline and RBs.

Funny thing is Mac is pretty good with money and not giving out stupid contracts (Mo Wilk excluded).  That gives the team a lot of flexibility.  He's also pretty good with trades (Brandon Marshall, Sheldon Richardson).  But the thing is, he can't draft.  He was a ******* scout and he can't draft.  It was the same thing with Terry Bradway.

He lucked into Darnold and that'll either make his career or at the very least extend it for a couple years.  Bowles will be gone sooner rather than later.

A lot of people really liked Stewart including, allegedly, the Steelers, so it’s gonna be disappointing if he washes out here. The early returns are dismal because he looks like a stiff and hasn’t even been tried at punt or kick returns despite an overwhelming need at those spots—so much so that they have to carry 30 year old Andre Roberts on the 53, which is pitiful

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You can sometimes excuse these blatant mistakes when the position doesn't fit a need. The truth is they were looking at picking Alvin Kamara. They let the Saints trade up a couple of spots ahead of them to pick Kamara and then traded down and selected Stewart with Kareem Hunt still on the board. The guy has been as bad as Idzik. Even the one first round pick that wasn't a slam dunk he picks Daren Lee a below avg starter. With Woody in the UK and his brother a sycophant who wants to be buddies with the players kissing their ass any chance he gets we will be stuck with Mac and Bowles for a while.

Wow, Mac is Bad, Bowles sucks, and everyone drafted outside of Leo, and Darnold are busts.... So glad you have that rare and new refreshing view....

2 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. We have a gm that goes best player available on his board but cause someone out preforms his draft round and we missed out cause we picked someone else is absurd. If people knew that said player was going to be that good he would of went 1st round. Lot of hindsight gms on this board

Actually no, many people that blast mac have blasted his picks early and often.  And if he is bap then he is missing on alot of his bap.

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

This seems like fun. Let's pick out all the times the Jets picked a crappy player ahead of someone really good. This is definitely a worthwhile endeavor since that's not something that happens to other teams. Only us. (Btw, I'm not saying Stewart is crappy. The jury is still out on him).

How about the time the Jets picked fullback Roger Vick ahead of ... just about everyone! Damn that Joe Walton.

Let’s just go with every single time and then get something eat. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A lot of people really liked Stewart including, allegedly, the Steelers, so it’s gonna be disappointing if he washes out here. The early returns are dismal because he looks like a stiff and hasn’t even been tried at punt or kick returns despite an overwhelming need at those spots—so much so that they have to carry 30 year old Andre Roberts on the 53, which is pitiful

Pittsburgh drafted Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster he's a beast. 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I was okay with the Hansen pick at the time, but felt there were better players available.

Thee Stewart pick was always horrendous. Spent a third on a non-scoring threat gadget player, who couldn’t outrun a linebacker. 

I felt the same way. I watched some game film, waiting to be wowed even a little bit and I wound up saying "WHY?". He had no speed, quickness or anything else that made him standout.

You can sometimes excuse these blatant mistakes when the position doesn't fit a need. The truth is they were looking at picking Alvin Kamara. They let the Saints trade up a couple of spots ahead of them to pick Kamara and then traded down and selected Stewart with Kareem Hunt still on the board. The guy has been as bad as Idzik. Even the one first round pick that wasn't a slam dunk he picks Daren Lee a below avg starter. With Woody in the UK and his brother a sycophant who wants to be buddies with the players kissing their ass any chance he gets we will be stuck with Mac and Bowles for a while.

And every NFL GM passed on Brady at least five times.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No one allegedly liked Stewart. I don't know where you get this from. 1 guy, in 1 article somewhere? He was literally the least talked about (slash inspiring) Receiver prospect in the draft class.... If Alabama's scrotum wasn't being thrusted in our primetime faces on a weekly basis, he wouldn't have been a name, at all. 

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mac had private workouts with Hackenburg too.  Mac got lucky

So quickly we forget. 

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

@Paradis is the what some might call, a draft guru. 

I was gonna say -- haven't I already started like 43 threads on this exact topic?

When Mac picked Stewart (of all fcking receivers) over Kareem Hunt who was so clearly the right pick for us -- that was when I knew Mac needed to tap out in the draft room... . That one stung. We were all mashing Hunt into our keyboards that day in the draft thread.. ugh. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

No one allegedly liked Stewart. I don't know where you get this from. 1 guy, in 1 article somewhere? He was literally the least talked about (slash inspiring) Receiver prospect in the draft class.... If Alabama's scrotum wasn't being thrusted in our primetime faces on a weekly basis, he wouldn't have been a name, at all. 

He was projected as a 2-3 round pick and, contrary to the fiction you’re spinning, got high marks from a lot talent evaluators. 

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara......offensive weapons.  We got two Safeties.  FML

The funny part is highly doubt kamara or Hunt would be the players they are now with the jets . They got draft by some brilliant offensive minds that put them in tremendous positions to succeed . 

Jury is still out on Cook tho . Let’s see if he regains that same explosion he had before the ACL injury 

Archived