2019 WR watch

Paradis

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Paradis said:

I feel like you were spying on me today. or watching my twitter feed lol

I'm finishing up WR rankings and was doing the deep dive on Collin today. *Gushing*

@RobR I disagree. In fact, i think you're crazy. He plays like Mike Evans, Who ran a 4.53 at the combine google tells me, and I would wager you'll get similar number from Collin. As someone who loved Evans i remember, i have no idea how youre not a fan. 

As you remember I had Evans as my number one receiver that year, even ahead of Watkins. I don't see Johnson anything like Mike Evans at the next level and it's why he's projected to be a later pick.

He looks slow to me, goes down easy after first contact and I saw a tendency for him to let balls get into his body. I think he's going to have a hard time separating at the next level. We'll see, I also loved Treadwell and that didn't work out to well.

35 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

@Paradis thoughts on Hakeem Butler?   

Waldman did a piece on him.  

He's next up after I try and figure out if i like Harry or not....definitely on my radar. It's crazy, these guys are ALL 6'4-6'6.... tallest class by a country mile.

Collin... what round? If the draft was today, I'd guess 2nd-3rd round... but I have this gut feeling that i won't be the only one gushing over him when teams start get serious. 

20 minutes ago, RobR said:

As you remember I had Evans as my number one receiver that year, even ahead of Watkins. I don't see Johnson anything like Mike Evans at the next level and it's why he's projected to be a later pick.

He looks slow to me, goes down easy after first contact and I saw a tendency for him to let balls get into his body. I think he's going to have a hard time separating at the next level. We'll see, I also loved Treadwell and that didn't work out to well.

I'll show you why that's not an accurate assessment as we push into the new year.

On that note -- happy new years fellas. And belated merry christmasses.... It was a wild year for me and mine as we had that incident with our son falling out a window, and starting a new job and moving (all in the same week) -- rob rode the cannabis rollercoaster - Lith's dawgs played in the championship game.. 

Here's to another round. 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, Paradis said:

I never gave him Hill the time of day TBH... 9/10 of these small gadgety speedsters don't translate (Tavon Austin), so I don't burn a lot fuel on 'em... Hill is clearly the 1 in that 9/10 equation. I still didn't believe going into this year lolol... but i'll STFU now, he's a dynamic s.o.b.

Hilton I can't shed much light on, I remember thinking he had good hands and nfl speed, but I didn't have much of an opinion on him...

You managed to find like, the two biggest name WRs in the game that really didn't have a lot to offer on... *shrugs*

nobody saw hill coming, the kid is like a 5’8 version of randy moss it’s unbelievable. but I think what it means is that we’re starting to see the rise of these explosive tweener WR/RB types, to me a guy like bryce love is a much more interesting prospect as a WR if a coach is creative enough to develop him in the same way that reid did with hill. that’s assuming if he tests well and shows the explosive traits at the combine of course

On 12/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, King P said:

I almost have a man crush on Kelvin Harmon. Dude reminds me so much of Michael Thomas. I want him!

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/12/1/18120509/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-kelvin-harmon-wr-north-carolina-state

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-kelvin-harmon/

Love this kid. 

Keelan Doss - WR - Aggies

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller writes to "keep an eye out" for uC Davis senior WR Keelan Davis.

Miller is keen on Davis' route-running prowess, noting that it's been sharp enough to "turn heads." The 6-foot-3, 206-pounder has also been insanely productive at the FCS level, most recently logging a 118-1334-9 receiving line for the 2018 campaign. Miller hits him up with a Day 2 grade at this juncture. Davis will be heading to the East-West Shrine Game next month as he looks to get his draft process jump-started.

I'm all about that Doss.

The Draft Network's Benjamin Solak reports that Iowa State redshirt junior WR Hakeem Butler will declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Butler (6'6/225) will be a fun prospect to watch during the evaluating process, as he's as good a deep threat as there is in the country. For the 2018 campaign (bowl still pending), the redshirt junior has logged a 51-1126-9 receiving line while averaging 22.1 yards per reception -- the second-best mark in the FBS this season. Solak notes that the Iowa State standout "wins downfield with size, catch radius, and strong hands away from his frame" and writes that he should be viewed as a potential Day 2 prospect. While he has been adept at breaking away at the collegiate level, the analyst writes that his long-speed will be worth monitoring during testing this coming spring.

I saw this on the Draft Network today -- and after doing a thorough look into Butler, I'm not as impressed as these folks are. He's a supersized Robbie Anderson at best, and at worst, a 1 trick deep thread. but i'll save that for my rankings. 

Colin Johnson just announced he will be returning to Texas for his senior year. That’s too bad for us, might’ve been a target in the third. It’s no secret that I’m pretty high on Colin. 

On the good side, it means will get to see him in events like the senior bowl next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked what I saw from Butler a decent amount, I think he’s going to test out better athletically than he gets credit for too.

Also from his time in Miami, Gase seems to really value speed. With room to build the WR group I think they may target a speed/quickness guy, Hollywood or otherwise.

Speaking of butlers, if you haven't made time for NAU's yet  - you should. He's one of the better long striding contested catchers in the draft and dominated the FCS, right next to Doss....

And quite frankly, we all know the chances of NYJ burning a premium pick on a WR. 

Get to know guys like Emmanuel Butler--

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Speaking of butlers, if you haven't made time for NAU's yet  - you should. He's one of the better long striding contested catchers in the draft and dominated the FCS, right next to Doss....

And quite frankly, we all know the chances of NYJ burning a premium pick on a WR. 

Speaking of long striders, have you watched Antoine Wesley from Texas Tech?   Another 6’5” guy.  He was buried on the depth chart until this year but put out some good tape.  Another interesting later round guy.  

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

Thanks for posting.  Nice find.  One thing that jumped out at me from that video is that almost every catch they showed is contested.  I looked for more on Butler and came across this one as well.  Again, jsut about every catch in the two videos is contested.  Great at the catch point, shows really good hands and is good after the catch (at least judging from the highlights), but I would like to see him get more consistent separation. 

Again, they are highilight vids, so maybe they are just highlighting the contested catch, but winning at the FCS level is a far cry from winning at the catch point in the NFL.

Kind of a weird Senior Bowl season from a Jets standpoint. Probably not taking a Senior Bowl guy at 3, hard to know who’s going to be there in the third. All the guys who are playing well this week are basically out of range.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Pretty quiet here for a senior bowl week...

Where the sh*t are all the regulars. Is there even a crew anymore?

And where the hell is HollywoodNoseBleed. I miss him. Or Woody

I'm just getting through the end of the day 1 practices because of well....life.  I believe HN is no longer with us. Give me a week or so and I'll have some strong opinions......I always do.

1 hour ago, derp said:

Kind of a weird Senior Bowl season from a Jets standpoint. Probably not taking a Senior Bowl guy at 3, hard to know who’s going to be there in the third. All the guys who are playing well this week are basically out of range.

I think it's playing out well for us because the Olineman seem to be outplaying what was considered a better defensive front. 

Barring a trade down I wouldn't mind doubling up on two of them in the third. 

2 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm just getting through the end of the day 1 practices because of well....life.  I believe HN is no longer with us. Give me a week or so and I'll have some strong opinions......I always do.

I think he like seriously might not be with us, corporeally. i looked and he just suddenly disappeared in sept 2017.... God i hope not. 

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I’ve watched a little of day 1, and didn’t set the dvr for day 3.  

Agree about Hollywood, miss him and hope all is well with him.  

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think he like seriously might not be with us, corporeally. i looked and he just suddenly disappeared in sept 2017.... God i hope not. 

Unfortuantely I fear the worst.  Rob and I were supposed to meet him in Tampa in the 2017 season for the Jets-Bucs.  He sent me money, I bought tickets, we had plans to meet and then a couple of weeks before the game, I just stopped hearing from him.  He never showed up, never responded to any emails, nothing.  I have reached out to him by email once or twice since, and no response.  He was a good guy and I sure hope he is okay.

9 hours ago, RobR said:

I think it's playing out well for us because the Olineman seem to be outplaying what was considered a better defensive front. 

Barring a trade down I wouldn't mind doubling up on two of them in the third. 

I’d like to see them attack the OL pretty aggressively in FA - but if not I think a double down in the third would be a really good call.

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

I've been tied up with the coaching stuff and personal stuff, but I hope to start being more active around here. 

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Unfortuantely I fear the worst.  Rob and I were supposed to meet him in Tampa in the 2017 season for the Jets-Bucs.  He sent me money, I bought tickets, we had plans to meet and then a couple of weeks before the game, I just stopped hearing from him.  He never showed up, never responded to any emails, nothing.  I have reached out to him by email once or twice since, and no response.  He was a good guy and I sure hope he is okay.

ugh. really... that sounds familiar now, i remember the game and plan around it. The picture you painted is not good. Didn't think he was an older fella either. 

separate note, did you guys know that JI was sold again? lol

40 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ugh. really... that sounds familiar now, i remember the game and plan around it. The picture you painted is not good. Didn't think he was an older fella either. 

separate note, did you guys know that JI was sold again? lol

FWIW I know his real name and tried googling it yet came back with nothing neither good nor bad. So I still hold out hope but it doesn't look good.

Archived