2019 WR watch

Paradis

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Here is a legit option in the 3rd IMO, he moves well for a guy who is 6’5”.   Wesley and Butler will be interesting to watch in Indy.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/06/5-play-prospect-texas-tech-wr-antoine-wesley/

I was thinking about Antoine yesterday. If he tests ok in Indy, I’ll start paying attention. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, nyjbuddy said:

Agreed.  It's just so hard to tell with wide receivers as the good ones tend to have a "diva" complex more often then other positional players.  AB, Ochocinco, TO, Odell, Keyshawn, Plax, etc.  Being drafted in the 1st round doesn't help keep their egos in check.

I bet Metcalf remains grounded. His family would kick his ass for acting too much like a fool.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Interested to see what he runs in Indy.  I feel like his floor and his ceiling aren’t too far apart.   

Yes, i think spectrum is pretty tight. Great Z prospect to work as a flanker ala Keenan Allen - who always famously didn't test well. We'll see.  

So turns out a Jazz Ferguson is Jaylon's brother... duh, i guess. 

Jazz a ton of big plays. I'm watching full NSU games (god help me)... and he's the real deal. Big spot and after big spot. The clutch factor is high with this one. 

Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown to miss combine, pro day after foot surgery

1747.jpeg

Oklahoma wide receiver Marquise Brown, a projected top-15 pick in April's NFL draft, underwent surgery for a Lisfranc injury last month that will prevent him from participating in the combine and his pro day, but he still is expected to be ready for summer training camp, per league sources.

All 32 NFL teams were notified about Brown's injury and status on Friday, per a team source. Teams were told that Dr. Robert Anderson performed Brown's foot surgery on Jan. 8 for an injury that the wide receiver suffered Dec. 1 in the Big 12 championship game before he played through it in the Orange Bowl. Now he will be sidelined for the NFL's workout circuit in a situation similar to that of Western Michigan wide receiver Corey Davis, who wound up going fifth overall in 2017 to the Tennessee Titans.

Had Brown decided to participate in this month's combine, some draft experts would have expected him to run in the high 4.2s and low 4.3s, which would have cemented his status as one of the top wide receivers in this draft class, which he still is expected to be.

Brown is recovering and could even be ready for a team's rookie minicamp after the draft, though it's likely that the team that drafts him would not want to rush him along.

I saw a mock today that had the Jets grabbing 6' 6" WR Hakeem Butler from Iowa state in the 3rd rd. What are you guys thinking about this guy? I watched a couple of vids and read up on him and it seems he needs to work on his route running a bit, but he has all of the right stuff to be a successful wideout in the NFL.  I like the idea of going OL in the first (or even well rounded TE for the additional blocking aspect) and grabbing some skill guys in the 3rd.  This guy seems interesting. 

Any thoughts? 

Here's a little videpoo for you

Regarding Brown, that Lisfranc injury can be a really tricky one. Between that and him being really small and unable to work out and show his recovery, I could see him really falling. Doubt Macc rolls the dice but before the injury I thought he was the kind of receiver Gase might target.

There’s some Butler discussion a page or two back - mixed opinions. Some (myself included) liked him, others didn’t. I’m a fan of his ability to win with the ball in the air and after the catch. Definitely not a finished product obviously.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, GREENBEAN said:

I saw a mock today that had the Jets grabbing 6' 6" WR Hakeem Butler from Iowa state in the 3rd rd. What are you guys thinking about this guy? I watched a couple of vids and read up on him and it seems he needs to work on his route running a bit, but he has all of the right stuff to be a successful wideout in the NFL.  I like the idea of going OL in the first (or even well rounded TE for the additional blocking aspect) and grabbing some skill guys in the 3rd.  This guy seems interesting. 

Any thoughts? 

I feel like I'm watching Brandon Marshall at UCF when I see Butler.  Not a monster athlete but a monster of a man.  Type of dude you can throw just about anything at him and he'll make a play on it or in the very least, he'll fight his ass off for it.  I know the knock is he isnt a polished route runner but he seems to run a little bit of everything based on what I've seen.  Opposite of say a guy like Metcalf, who only ran go's and curl's. 

3rd round value would be solid for him IMO.  I've seen some mocks with him in the 1st, which seems quite high for unpolished WR.  Seems more like a 2nd day pick.  

That's exactly the type of guy I'm hoping we bring in from this draft. Rather than spend high draft capital on the injured DK Metcalf or whoever. I don't know enough about him to have real feelings one way or the other, but I'd love it if we can grab athletic guys who fight for the ball and make things happen like Butler. Even if he's a bit on the raw side. Rookies are supposed to be raw.  Even the blue chip guys have rookie years and make mistakes. Develop a guys like Butler and Henderson and we have some real dynamic potential. 

Your description was exciting. 

Archived