2019 WR watch

Paradis

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

BC is getting there, recruiting is getting much better.  

Wilkins is 315 pounds.   Crazy athletic for a guy that big.  He’s played ILB before and in the spring game Dabo let him play safety...Lol.  Funny watching a 315 pound guy in coverage.  

Higgins is better at the contested 50/50 balls than Williams was.  Plus he’s a little faster than Williams.  

Could Wilkins be our answer at edge? Serious question.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

2020.  Other than maybe Hopkins, Tee is the best WR prospect to come out of Clemson.  Reminds me of A.J Green. 

He's unreal.  AJ is a good comparison.  The length, the long strides, separation, break away speed, the hands...dude has it all. 

Just now, JiF said:

He's unreal.  AJ is a good comparison.  The length, the long strides, separation, break away speed, the hands...dude has it all. 

Every time I watch Tee I think of A.J.   It’s been somewhat frustrating they haven’t used him more, but thats their offense.  

Justyn Ross a true freshman is right on his heels.  They were cast from the same mold.  Not everyday that the #1 recruit coming out of Alabama doesn’t go to Bama.  Ross could be just as good as Tee.  Might already be.  

Every time I watch Tee I think of A.J.   It’s been somewhat frustrating they haven’t used him more, but thats their offense.  

Justyn Ross a true freshman is right on his heels.  They were cast from the same mold.  Not everyday that the #1 recruit coming out of Alabama doesn’t go to Bama.  Ross could be just as good as Tee.  Might already be.  

For sure, but we have to wait a minute for him...for some reason I thought Higgins was available this year. 

Does Renfrow get a look in the NFL? 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

For sure, but we have to wait a minute for him...for some reason I thought Higgins was available this year. 

Does Renfrow get a look in the NFL? 

I’m not sure Renfrow makes it in the NFL.  He’ll get signed as a UDFA by someone.  Just doesn’t have the quicks needed to survive in the NFL.  His hands are just so good though.   

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This article is interesting.  Contains some highlight clips.  

https://www.cover1.net/2019-nfl-draft-hakeem-butler-making-headway-in-the-wide-receiver-class/

It's time to create a revised list of candidates this weekend. Many have ascended in the last 2 and half months... and like, all of ole miss's WRs. 

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's time to create a revised list of candidates this weekend. Many have ascended in the last 2 and half months... and like, all of ole miss's WRs. 

Don’t know if Metcalf comes out, based on the history of most Ole Miss players, he probably comes out.  The neck injury wasn’t supposed to be too serious.  The two Texas kids are going to be day two prospects.  If you like them 6’3” and bigger, this is your draft.  

Small school guy to watch as day 3 prospect.  Andy Isabella of Umass.  Just torched the Dawgs for 15 catches 200+ yards and 2 TDs.  We could not cover him -- 1st team defense or anyone else.  Was being hyped up a bit on some of the Dawgs message boards during the week, and the kid didn't disappoint.  Not very big, but quick, elusive, good hands, ability to make defenders miss with the ball in his hands. 

Pretty sure he got his Sr Bowl invite this week.  Will be curious to see what he does during the draft process.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/12/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-andy-isabella/

On 11/17/2018 at 7:21 PM, Lith said:

Small school guy to watch as day 3 prospect.  Andy Isabella of Umass.  Just torched the Dawgs for 15 catches 200+ yards and 2 TDs.  We could not cover him -- 1st team defense or anyone else.  Was being hyped up a bit on some of the Dawgs message boards during the week, and the kid didn't disappoint.  Not very big, but quick, elusive, good hands, ability to make defenders miss with the ball in his hands. 

Pretty sure he got his Sr Bowl invite this week.  Will be curious to see what he does during the draft process.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/12/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-andy-isabella/

Another article about Isabella. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-umass-andy-isabella-can-be-the-prime-example-of-slot-receivers-growing-value/

DK Metcalf just declared, I love him more than Brown.

My favorite receiver in this draft. Concentration drops at times, but he reminds me of Josh Gordon. Size/Speed, and he gets a decent release at line and on cuts.

My one big negative seems to be his horizontal catch radius. He has the hope buts seems to go after passes upright at times.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 11/16/2018 at 12:48 PM, Paradis said:

Ok here goes it.  This list is subject to debate, change and my bias for big receivers...Lol.  

1. DK Metcalf Ole Miss

2. Hakeem Butler, Iowa State

3. J.J Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford

4. N’Keal Harry, Arizona State

5. Marquise Brown, Oklahoma

6. Collin Johnson, Texas

7. A.J  Brown, Ole Miss

8. Deebo Samuels, South Carolina

9. Lil’ Jordan Humphrey, Texas

10. David Sills, West Virginia

Damn, forgot Anthony Johnson, Buffalo and Kelvin Harmon, NC State. 

Ok here goes it.  This list is subject to debate, change and my bias for big receivers...Lol.  

1. DK Metcalf Ole Miss

6. Collin Johnson, Texas

7. A.J  Brown, Ole Miss

Nice... i've been lazy/uninspired as of late i'll get around to my own version as well soon.... which will look much different that yours haha... which is good. I think in a class that is diverse if not anything else, that we should be extra diligent in breaking these guys down...

So you're on the metcalf train too, hey? He's become the WR Cinderella of #DraftTwitter

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

1. DK Metcalf Ole Miss

6. Collin Johnson, Texas

7. A.J  Brown, Ole Miss

specific to your list;

• i'm high-high on A Johnson, and not crazy about the Stanford kid... we'll see, need to dig in to him more.....
  • I think the Texas duo have playmakers written all over them -- though I need to double check that Humphrey is more Calvin than Cordarrelle.  
  • I'm mum on Harry. I've been waiting for the season to wrap to do a deep dive. I think the separation concerns could possibly hold water.
  • Is it just me, or is there something incredibly boring about AJ Brown?... and Samuel to a lesser extent as well
  • Couple names to put on your radar; Jalen Hurd, Jamarius Way and Keelan Doss (<-- crushing the FCS)

On 11/14/2018 at 8:09 AM, sec101row23 said:

Liking this WR class more and more.   Would love to double dip and pick up two receivers in the first 3 rounds.  

I don't disagree, but I certainly cringe based on the last time we double-dipped on WR early in a draft.

I'd love to find a way to trade down just a couple spots and land AJ Brown or Jonah Williams.  Just do something on offense Jets!  The WR group seems deep enough that we could find a potential starter in Round 2.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I will add 2 guys I find of interest. 

Stanley Morgan Jr., Nebraska

Sam Flowers, Northern Colorado

FWIW -

I have not heard anybody mention Morgan this year.  He's had a decent season, but the team is kind of tanking with a freshman QB and new Scott Frost O.  Still has put up 1000 yards and 7 TDs.  I guess Tanner Lee doesn't look so bad now.  I wonder how he will time. 

Flowers was a JuCo kid from Miami that I noticed catching a bunch of loooong TDs at Ventura playing with Ricky Town (the supposed 5-star beat out by Darnold at USC) when I was doing a "what-ever-happened to."  Town is now at Pitt where he isn't playing after not playing at Arkansas in 2015.  Flowers is not playing at Northern Colorado (not a good sign) maybe that is academics related? After watching some more of him, he seems to do a lot of work from the slot an wasn't geting as wide open as I'd hoped.  We'll see if he gets any run next year. 

Call me crazy, but I don't see the Macc attack burning anything from round 1-3 on WRs.... (*sigh*)... so kiss any SEC/ACC out the window. Most of the popular names will be gone..

Which is why i think we need to really take a close look at the Johnsons, Hurds, Harmons, Ways, Doss's etc. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW -

I have not heard anybody mention Morgan this year.  He's had a decent season, but the team is kind of tanking with a freshman QB and new Scott Frost O.  Still has put up 1000 yards and 7 TDs.  I guess Tanner Lee doesn't look so bad now.  I wonder how he will time. 

Flowers was a JuCo kid from Miami that I noticed catching a bunch of loooong TDs at Ventura playing with Ricky Town (the supposed 5-star beat out by Darnold at USC) when I was doing a "what-ever-happened to."  Town is now at Pitt where he isn't playing after not playing at Arkansas in 2015.  Flowers is not playing at Northern Colorado (not a good sign) maybe that is academics related? After watching some more of him, he seems to do a lot of work from the slot an wasn't geting as wide open as I'd hoped.  We'll see if he gets any run next year. 

What happened to the JUCO kid, Mike Williams.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

What happened to the JUCO kid, Mike Williams.

Nothing much.  He plays but doesn't produce much.  Had a couple of 3 catch games, but many where he had none.  Guess he has one more shot in 2019, but there aren't many kids that blow up in the senior year and then make noise in the league.  The sophomore JD Speilman is their #2.  He had two 800 yard seasons and upped his TDs to 8 this year.  Only 5'9" and I would say he is almost certain to return this year. 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, Paradis said:

though I need to double check that Humphrey is more Calvin than Cordarrelle.  

With a name like Lil’ Jordan Humphrey how could he not be a star?

**** Lil’ John we got Lil’ Jordan YEAH, WHAT, OK!

@Paradis

ESPN's Jake Trotter reports that Baylor redshirt senior WR Jalen Hurd underwent knee surgery on Tuesday.

Per Trotter, Hurd is not expected to be healthy enough to participate in Texas Bowl action against Vanderbilt at the end of the month. For all intents and purposes, this knee procedure will close out his collegiate career. After transitioning to receiver from running back following his transfer from Tennessee, Hurd came out to post a sharp 69-946-4 receiving line across 12 games played for the 2018 campaign. We'll keep tabs on his recovery off surgery as he heads into the draft process upcoming. Assuming he is healthy enough to test out come the combine, we could see monster athletic numbers from the wideout. Over the summer, Bleacher Report passed along from Baylor's coaching staff that Hurd was capable of posting marks including a 40-inch vertical, a 4.40-second 40-yard dash and a scintillating time of 3.8-3.9 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle. We cannot wait to see how his evaluating process plays out, as there is a ton of upside, here.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

@Paradis

ESPN's Jake Trotter reports that Baylor redshirt senior WR Jalen Hurd underwent knee surgery on Tuesday.

Per Trotter, Hurd is not expected to be healthy enough to participate in Texas Bowl action against Vanderbilt at the end of the month. For all intents and purposes, this knee procedure will close out his collegiate career. After transitioning to receiver from running back following his transfer from Tennessee, Hurd came out to post a sharp 69-946-4 receiving line across 12 games played for the 2018 campaign. We'll keep tabs on his recovery off surgery as he heads into the draft process upcoming. Assuming he is healthy enough to test out come the combine, we could see monster athletic numbers from the wideout. Over the summer, Bleacher Report passed along from Baylor's coaching staff that Hurd was capable of posting marks including a 40-inch vertical, a 4.40-second 40-yard dash and a scintillating time of 3.8-3.9 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle. We cannot wait to see how his evaluating process plays out, as there is a ton of upside, here.

Yea, i saw that.... too bad. But getting healthy for feb-april is capital. 

I just think the world of Hurd. Guys like him elevate what an offense can when you've gotta get inventive in a game. Curtis Samuel brought that to the table a couple years ago. Starting to really come on this year. 

Archived