Tailgating

SR24

Hey everybody I've been on here for a while now I just bought tickets to the home opener my question is does anybody tailgate?! If so which section?! Figured I'd put a face to a few of the names I see on here and None of my friends are Jets fans so I'm trying to meet some of my fellow degenerate jet fans to meet up with at the games

20 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yessir Heading down from Albany! I'll have to get a parking pass for green

Just have @Maxman send you his green parking pass, that is if they don’t fix the scanner, both preseason games they took the stub from my parking pass, but they couldn’t scan it, and guys were selling them on stubhub, and Ticketmaster ticket exchange after they got in since it was never scanned, and they were already in the parking lot with their tags hanging from the mirror.  So Max can just transfer his to you after he enters the parking lot, this of course comes with a price, usually it’s some kind of favor that secretly takes place in the mod lounge I wouldn’t be to concerned I hear Max is gentle ?

15 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Just have @Maxman send you his green parking pass, that is if they don’t fix the scanner, both preseason games they took the stub from my parking pass, but they couldn’t scan it, and guys were selling them on stubhub, and Ticketmaster ticket exchange after they got in since it was never scanned, and they were already in the parking lot with their tags hanging from the mirror.

oooops,.. sorry !.. too Late  ?... he already sent it to me   ? 

I’m interested in this, do you folks tailgate only in a parking lot?  Do you tailgate all day?  Big screen TVs watching other games till your kickoff? Lot of green spaces available?  Shaded areas?  What is the popular tailgate foods out there?

An inquiring? mind wants to know...

37 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m interested in this, do you folks tailgate only in a parking lot?  Do you tailgate all day?  Big screen TVs watching other games till your kickoff? Lot of green spaces available?  Shaded areas?  What is the popular tailgate foods out there?

An inquiring? mind wants to know...

Do you go to every game?

Drive or mass transit?

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Do you go to every game?

Drive or mass transit?

Yes, 20 yr+ season ticket holder in the rowdy section surrounding the tunnel where both teams run out of.

70 miles from my little beach town to L.A., so normally drive with equipment/food, or drive to the Metro location to park and take train if not taking equipment or large amount of food to prepare.  We’re normally in line by 6am when they open the gates.

from my seat...

6AB38D86-6377-4CC3-B8D7-5400181BF8E3.jpeg

5 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Anyone heading to the games that doesn't want to deal with putting together a tailgate party is welcome to tailgate with us! I run TailgateJoe, the biggest and best game day fan club/Tailgate party in the lot. The food is pretty good, not typical catered stuff.

Hey man, good to see you back on the board.  Hope you're doing well, I know you were going through some things.

And +1 on Joe's Tailgate!  It's always a great time and very convenient if you don't want to worry about bringing/cooking food and loading a cooler with beer and stuff.  If I remember correctly, for late games, you sometimes have a TV or two setup with the 1PM games on.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Hey man, good to see you back on the board.  Hope you're doing well, I know you were going through some things.

Yup, I am doing good, thanks. See that story in the Post today about the male breast cancer cluster at ground zero from 9/11. Yeah, I only lived 2-3 blocks from the tower back then. I'm not counted in that cluster, yet. But regardless, I am happy to be here and happy for the start of the season, and looking to fire on all cylinders!

4 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Yup, I am doing good, thanks. See that story in the Post today about the male breast cancer cluster at ground zero from 9/11. Yeah, I only lived 2-3 blocks from the tower back then. I'm not counted in that cluster, yet. But regardless, I am happy to be here and happy for the start of the season, and looking to fire on all cylinders!

Way to go, Joe!  F Cancer and Go Jets!

:cheers:

Archived