Ira from Staten Island

Philc1

I would love some of you NYC folk to give a synopsis/characteristics of each of the 5 burroughs sometime.  New York City fascinates me, but I really don't know anything about it.  All I really know(or think I know) is Manhatten is basically the rich, busy epicenter that rubes like me associate with NYC.  

And yes, all of this simply because this thread mentions Staten Island.

12 hours ago, 20andOut said:

Not exactly. You were not the only person listening. Yes Francessa said Ira gets access and was over by the staff at training camp. No Ira never said he would celebrate 7-9. Ira said could live with 7-9 provided the team looked like it was moving in the right direction and showed improvements in areas such as special teams and penalties and development of the younger players.

Ira said he’d be “very happy with 7 wins”. Those were his exact words

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

How does 1 listen to fatty mike unlike you are a giants and/or Yankee fan ? Lol

I’m a Yankee fan.  I don’t root for the Wilpons to make money off a taxpayer funded stadium while having the Tampa Bay Rays payroll because allegedly Bernie Madoff ripped them off 10 years ago

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I’m a Yankee fan.  I don’t root for the Wilpons to make money off a taxpayer funded stadium while having the Tampa Bay Rays payroll because allegedly Bernie Madoff ripped them off 10 years ago

OT-Joel Sherman has a column today that says the Mets' problem is they have to work around their ownership being clueless self-absorbed douchebags forever. 

20 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would love some of you NYC folk to give a synopsis/characteristics of each of the 5 burroughs sometime.  New York City fascinates me, but I really don't know anything about it.  All I really know(or think I know) is Manhatten is basically the rich, busy epicenter that rubes like me associate with NYC.  

Brooklyn is the best.

Im from NJ originally and lived in the city for 10 years. After a while I could tell what borough some people were from based on accents. Staten Island was the easiest for me. 

21 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Staten Island is where several of the "Jersey Shore" people are from (I think Situation and Vinny and one other)

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Ira said he’d be “very happy with 7 wins”. Those were his exact words

Heard him today. He said he loves our two safeties. There you have it. Not sure why Jets fan argue about taking Adams with the 6th pick. If Ira from Staten Island is fine with it, than we should all be fine with it. 

Archived