Jump to content

Jets Hold Multiple Tryouts for Help at Edge and Kicker


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Exactly. They really need to take a look at this guy. Shows up every game and does the job. I'm surprised they let him go to tell you the truth. The Jets need to get him in here ASAP.

 

Lions beats seems to think he wasn't adjusting well to the 3 man front being put in by Patricia....

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/opinion-anthony-zettels-departure-shows-lions-are-looking-forward-not-back/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Don't know why Dante Fowler or Shane Ray aren't a Jet by now. So tired of trying to fix our problems with other teams cut players

it's called commitment to winning

some teams sort out their problems with cash

other teams want to win so bad they'll cheat and give away physical therapy contracts to a witch doctor. 

our team stays a cool and comfortable 21 mil under the cap and goes dumpster diving. not just with edge rushers. With coaches, scouts, logos, uniforms, all the way up the food chain to Woody Woodrow Wood Johnson III, who is so vain he could never let the team be decent while his brother was in charge... because it's all about Woody and collecting fat tv revenue checks. They get paid either way. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's called commitment to winning

some teams sort out their problems with cash

other teams want to win so bad they'll cheat and give away physical therapy contracts to a witch doctor. 

our team stays a cool and comfortable 21 mil under the cap and goes dumpster diving. not just with edge rushers. With coaches, scouts, all the way up the food chain to Woody, who is so vain he could never let the team be decent while his brother was in charge... because it's all about Woody. Not winning. 

I try and stay positive but it just gets so damn frustrating every offseason ignoring the Edge and trying to fix it with players who can't make other rosters. We have an extra 3rd rounder that Macs gonna whiff on anyway just send out high 3rd and a later pick for Fowler or Ray. You can dump high picks and millions into a secondary but if the QB isn't pressured they're gonna get torched every time

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baamf said:

 

Lions beats seems to think he wasn't adjusting well to the 3 man front being put in by Patricia....

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/opinion-anthony-zettels-departure-shows-lions-are-looking-forward-not-back/

 

Yeah I saw that article. The Jets and Lions DL situation is quite different though and while Zettel has struggled with Patricia's D he has shown promise in the past. I'm not saying give the guy a huge deal but with the Jets bringing in everyone and their mother for DL tryouts they could do worse than Zettel and a look costs nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah I saw that article. The Jets and Lions DL situation is quite different though and while Zettel has struggled with Patricia's D he has shown promise in the past. I'm not saying give the guy a huge deal but with the Jets bringing in everyone and their mother for DL tryouts they could do worse than Zettel and a look costs nothing.

Zettle to the Browns:

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets will stick with Jason Myers as their kicker for Week 1, Todd Bowles said. They worked out at least four kickers in recent days — Dan Bailey, Roberto Aguayo, Jon Brown and Matthew McCrane. "We liked him in the preseason, obviously," Bowles said of Myers, who made a 58-yard field goal. "This is the time of the year where you kick the tires in case injuries happen."

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Larz said:

Looks like you were right. Probably means Martin won't be ready 

Good. Luvu has waaaaaay more upside than anyone else at OLB. Get him playing and learning so he's ready to contribute by the time Sam's in his prime.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Good. Luvu has waaaaaay more upside than anyone else at OLB. Get him playing and learning so he's ready to contribute by the time Sam's in his prime.

Yup 

That must be some awful concussion for Martin, lingering for 2 weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...