Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kelly

TRADE dept. : WORST Trade for every NFL team... the WORST trade for the jets ? ? ?

Recommended Posts

Doug jolley.  Hahahahaha.  

Vilma was a limited player who could only excell is a certain scheme.  We didnt run that scheme anymore so I dont agree with that being a bad trade.  You csnt judge these trades in a vacuum.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vilma trade should not be in the discussion.  In addition to Jolley, here are a couple that come to mind.

- Dewayne Robertson.  Two 1s and a 4.  For Robertson. Vilma is not even if the same stratosphere as this one.

- Lam Jones.  Two 1s for a track star who could not run routes and had bad handls.

- 1997 trading back out of 1 overall and taking James Farrior.  Nice player (for Pittsburgh), but we traded back from 1 to 6 and again to 8.  And all we added were some 3s and 4s.   HOFer Orlando Pace went 1.  HOFer Walter Jones went 6. We ended up with Farrior, Terry Day, Dedric Ward and Leon Johnson.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Trading up for mark Sanchez 

While Sanchez did work out for us, the facts are that we didn't trade all that (to move up) much for him.  So this hardly falls under the worst trades ever banner.   

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although not a trade or blown draft pick but the early 2000's bothered me. 

To lose and let Kareem McKenzie walk as a FA was a criminal act only for him to then win two SB rings with our resident neighbors from 2005-2011. Imagine us with him during our 2009-2010 run(s). 

Also early 2000's (03') to lost both of Laveranues Coles and Randy Thomas to the "Jetskins" (Morton/Hall) felt criminal only to then have to trade away our electric Santana Moss in a trade for Coles in return? 

I absolutely hated those Front Office moves surrounding Chad Pennington and Curtis Martin. And Curtis Conway (2003) was an epic drop of the ball. 

And to save the worst for last of the early 2000's it bothered me knowing how drafted James Farrior 8th overall of the 199 draft only to see him instantly become a Steelers household name and Pittsburgh legendary LB throughout 2002-2011. 

Imagine having James Farrior amd Kareem McKenzie during 2009 we would've beaten that Indianapolis Colts team up and spit then out with physicality.   

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

While Sanchez did work out for us, the facts are that we didn't trade all that (to move up) much for him.  So this hardly falls under the worst trades ever banner.   

I would definitely  say he didn’t worked out for us. We had the number 1 D in nfl, one of best OL, good recieving corps, only thing holding us back was piss poor qb play.. Imagine if  we signed a jag to equal his play and use that number 6 pick on say a pass rushing stud, ect. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I knew somebody would erroneously mention this.  Mark didn't pan out.  But the Jets gave up basically nothing to move up to #5, and it was well worth the attempt to acquire a franchise QB.

What nothing did we give up to move from 18? to 6th? We basically threw away a prime 1st and whatever picks we have to move up, for a raw rookie qb  Who needed to be carried by a very win now team. So yes factor in we could have signed ANYONE to play Better and just ride the best D, rushing team in nfl and use those picks on supplemented immediate impact players.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What nothing did we give up to move from 18? to 6th? We basically threw away a prime 1st and whatever picks we have to move up, for a raw rookie qb  Who needed to be carried by a very win now team. So yes factor in we could have signed ANYONE to play Better and just ride the best D, rushing team in nfl and use those picks on supplemented immediate impact players.

They moved up 12 spots from #17 to #5 by giving up a late 2nd round pick and three useless players.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.  Doesn't the fact that nobody agrees with you drop a hint that something is amiss?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RoadFan said:

They moved up 12 spots from #17 to #5 by giving up a late 2nd round pick and three useless players.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.  Doesn't the fact that nobody agrees with you drop a hint that something is amiss?

Lol riggght.. says you roadboy. You really honestly think mark Sanchez was a good Trade ? I have yet to see “ everyone “ disagree with me as you wrongly claim 💁‍♂️

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol riggght.. says you roadboy. You really honestly think mark Sanchez was a good Trade ? I have yet to see “ everyone “ disagree with me as you wrongly claim 💁‍♂️

I agree, your point is truly dumb. Sanchez was a swing and a miss in 2009. Put together a few good years and fizzled out. They gave up nothing to get him and were universally praised for doing so. In the grand scheme of Jets' moves, that's a rarity. 

Babe Ruth to Boston that trade was not. With such a long history of sh*t, you're going to crap all over the time we came pretty damn close to getting it right? Dumb.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol riggght.. says you roadboy. You really honestly think mark Sanchez was a good Trade ? I have yet to see “ everyone “ disagree with me as you wrongly claim 💁‍♂️

To roll the dice on a franchise QB that was a deal I’d make 100x over. There is literally zero reason to be upset with that trade.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I agree, your point is truly dumb. Sanchez was a swing and a miss in 2009. Put together a few good years and fizzled out. They gave up nothing to get him and were universally praised for doing so. In the grand scheme of Jets' moves, that's a rarity. 

Babe Ruth to Boston that trade was not. With such a long history of sh*t, you're going to crap all over the time we came pretty damn close to getting it right? Dumb.

Well we swung and missed. That is the point. You proved the stupidity of your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lith said:

Vilma trade should not be in the discussion.  In addition to Jolley, here are a couple that come to mind.

- Dewayne Robertson.  Two 1s and a 4.  For Robertson. Vilma is not even if the same stratosphere as this one.

- Lam Jones.  Two 1s for a track star who could not run routes and had bad handls.

- 1997 trading back out of 1 overall and taking James Farrior.  Nice player (for Pittsburgh), but we traded back from 1 to 6 and again to 8.  And all we added were some 3s and 4s.   HOFer Orlando Pace went 1.  HOFer Walter Jones went 6. We ended up with Farrior, Terry Day, Dedric Ward and Leon Johnson.

Say what you want about the genius of Parcells, but the man flat out STUNK at drafting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

To roll the dice on a franchise QB that was a deal I’d make 100x over. There is literally zero reason to be upset with that trade.

Lol aw another mark Sanchez fan boy 🙃 we were a “win now “ team with a short window. That was reality. Most fans live in “ fantasy” I agree any other years besides 09/10 you roll the dice on a franchise qb. Since we have had very few “ win now “ teams.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I think the "trading back 20 spots" plus or minus whatever it was for Doug Jolley is arguably worse than sending Vilma to New Orleans.

 

 

If we had just stayed put, we could have had Heath Miller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Doug Jolley trade was compounded by the fact they took a kicker with one of their 2nd round picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Say what you want about the genius of Parcells, but the man flat out STUNK at drafting.

He was a outstanding coach, one of best ever. But like most coaches he had no business playing pretend gm 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The trade up for Sanchez was one of the best trades of all time, the player himself sucked but what we gave up to move up to 5 was brilliant.

2-8 that year were busts

 

Jason Smith

Tyson Jackson

Aaron Curry

Mark Sanchez

Andre Smith

Heyward Bey

Eugene Monroe

 

Cleveland actually made out trading back twice and ending up with Alex Mack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

 

Much worse than O'Brien over Marino or any other poor draft decision because we had Riggins for 4 seasons and knew how good he was!

Man was he good for us. To this day my favorite memory as a Jets fan was watching Riggins turn upfield. For most of his career in washington, he was already a larry czonka fullback type; with us, he was young and fast and could turn the corner too.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

Man was he good for us. To this day my favorite memory as a Jets fan was watching Riggins turn upfield. For most of his career in washington, he was already a larry czonka fullback type; with us, he was young and fast and could turn the corner too.  

I was so pissed when we lost him, other than Namath, he was a favorite of mine.  

BTW, I remember the real Rosco Word!! He was a CB for us and, briefly, a bit of a phenom. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol aw another mark Sanchez fan boy 🙃 we were a “win now “ team with a short window. That was reality. Most fans live in “ fantasy” I agree any other years besides 09/10 you roll the dice on a franchise qb. Since we have had very few “ win now “ teams.

Could care less about Sanchez, you roll the dice on a QB for what we gave up. Who would have been our QB? I hate Josh Allen but if we were sitting at #17 and we were offered that trade to take him at #5 then I do it all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was so pissed when we lost him, other than Namath, he was a favorite of mine.  

BTW, I remember the real Rosco Word!! He was a CB for us and, briefly, a bit of a phenom. 

 

Riggo  ROCKS ! 😎..

3390601ed8c65cb30de7b1286dc1837a.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kelly said:

..in the middle   😎

stock-photo-full-length-rear-view-of-a-b

 

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Could care less about Sanchez, you roll the dice on a QB for what we gave up. Who would have been our QB? I hate Josh Allen but if we were sitting at #17 and we were offered that trade to take him at #5 then I do it all day.

This class of 4 were all far superior than mark sanchez. He played 1 yr ? With a Allstar cast? I know our level for success was very bad. But that was our window, for a win. Now qb. Not a franchise qb Who may turn out to be a turd. Which he did  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

 

This class of 4 were all far superior than mark sanchez. He played 1 yr ? With a Allstar cast? I know our level for success was very bad. But that was our window, for a win. Now qb. Not a franchise qb Who may turn out to be a turd. Which he did  

Who would you have had as our QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 1:54 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

What nothing did we give up to move from 18? to 6th? We basically threw away a prime 1st and whatever picks we have to move up, for a raw rookie qb  Who needed to be carried by a very win now team. So yes factor in we could have signed ANYONE to play Better and just ride the best D, rushing team in nfl and use those picks on supplemented immediate impact players.

We gave up an extra second rounder and a xoupke filler players who mangini liked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vilma trade should not be in the discussion.  In addition to Jolley, here are a couple that come to mind.
- Dewayne Robertson.  Two 1s and a 4.  For Robertson. Vilma is not even if the same stratosphere as this one.
- Lam Jones.  Two 1s for a track star who could not run routes and had bad handls.
- 1997 trading back out of 1 overall and taking James Farrior.  Nice player (for Pittsburgh), but we traded back from 1 to 6 and again to 8.  And all we added were some 3s and 4s.   HOFer Orlando Pace went 1.  HOFer Walter Jones went 6. We ended up with Farrior, Terry Day, Dedric Ward and Leon Johnson.

Dewayne was in a draft class which was abnormally stacked with dt’s too. Just to add to it.

The parcels opening draft trade back for chump change was the worst. He could have gotten a lifetimes ransom but nope. Derrick ward


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always hated the justin mccareins for a 2nd rounder trade. The jets would just trade for whatever player torched them in the past. Mccareins are us up the season prior. Jolley was the same scenario 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

We gave up an extra second rounder and a xoupke filler players who mangini liked.

Thanks. I. Know as jet fans we are so use to throwing away 2nd round picks, but for rest of nfl 2nd founders are very valuable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×