Should we be concerned that Marcus Maye is seeming injury prone?

Patriot Killa

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Manish Mehta‏ @MMehtaNYDN 

Jets injury report from practice today: S Marcus Maye (foot), OLB Josh Martin (concussion... in practice?) and Jermaine Kearse (ab) didn’t practice. LB Avery Williamson (hamstring) was limited.

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 

Bowles says Josh Martin got his concussion during the #Jets' preseason game vs. the Giants.

Full practice for #Jets: McLendon, Winters, Beachum, Long, Pryor, Enunwa and Skrine.

The most important part. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Yes, it's all Macc's fault. He should have the foresight to look into the future and determine just who's injury prone.

...is this sarcasm? I didn’t say it was anyone’s fault. I would think most of the guys on here were smart enough to understand word for word what I was asking.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t label him anything. I said it seems that way and I asked if we should be concerned. 

PS. Players can have squeaky clean college resumes and still get hurt in the NFL. It’s happened before.

again, I didn’t label him. Just suggesting what it seems to be based on this offseason.

Technically, you did attempt to label him.  You literally asked should we, semantics but true.

And it’s weird your last point considering Maye was IR’d as a Senior at Florida but missed no time last year. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

...is this sarcasm? I didn’t say it was anyone’s fault. I would think most of the guys on here were smart enough to understand word for word what I was asking.

My sarcastic remark  had nothing to do with your concern over Maye's durability. 

But you know that eventually, some "wisenheimer" would have blamed Macc...everything is his fault after all !

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

IIRC he had a girlfriend that towered over him.  I believe she was Latvian.  It has been some time, so maybe Lithuanian?  

Zach Thomas FTMFW!

That's what I thought, except I read it as Leviathan, and I thought that was really mean of you to call her that.

10 hours ago, ChickenLittle said:

Can we please wait until he misses a regular season game before we label him injury prone?

This safety sh*t is getting a bit ridiculous. We have good depth. I don't care if he misses game 1. He played every game last year.

Sorry Killa, you are a positive dude and I didn't realize you made the initial post. I'm just tired of the safety bashing(not your intention). It's real stale at this point. Lets hope we have two excellent safeties and gibe them a shot to improve in their "second year". But I like our depth there.

42 minutes ago, rldev said:

This safety sh*t is getting a bit ridiculous. We have good depth. I don't care if he misses game 1. He played every game last year.

Sorry Killa, you are a positive dude and I didn't realize you made the initial post. I'm just tired of the safety bashing(not your intention). It's real stale at this point. Lets hope we have two excellent safeties and gibe them a shot to improve in their "second year". But I like our depth there.

Exactly and both FS & SS were big holes heading into our 2016 draft and we plugged them with two badass SEC Safety's out of LSU & Florida in Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye.  

And Calvin Pryor is no longer here because of it. Excellent. 

And now for at least the next 3-4 years our front office can focus on building around Sam Darnold and our offense throughout both the draft while attacking free agency without ever having to focus on our backend Safeties again within our foreseeable future and as you mentioned we have strong backup depth in Terrence Brooks and Doug Middleton. 

You really can not expect an Arizona type of Todd Bowles led defense without (first) giving him key Secondary pieces such as Trumaine Johnson and Morris Claiborne as his two #1 CB's and now playing alongside of a top tier FS/SS tandem in Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams to work with.

And in order for an Arizona like defense to happen we'll also need a secondary featuring depth with players such as Buster Skrine who's now back to his natural position of an inside nickel back followed by prospects in Parry Nickerson/Juston Burris and Middleton/Brooks which could end up being significant and paying dividends due to Bowles himself making a future living off of his Arizona led secondaries. 

At the end of the day and especially within today's game you've gotta be able to both defend and stop the pass.

And you'll need an elite Revis like Secondary or a Seattle Legion of Boom all around unit in order to do so and not even a Khalil Mack type of pass rusher is no where near enough to elevate his Defenses and all you've gotta do is ask Oakland and their swiss cheese Raiders secondaries over his 4 year stint (1 winning - 3 losing seasons). 

I can never question Maccagnan going SS/FS 1-2 when the entire sports world understood QB's such as Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson and in our case Sam Darnold were soon declaring the very next draft. 

On 9/6/2018 at 2:48 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Woah I didn’t stick him with any label, I asked the forum if we should be concerned being that he played in the PS game but has been in and out of the loop due to his ankle/knee all summer.

that is all i’m saying. I said “seeming” injury prone for that specific reason.

Then the answer is NO. We should NOT be concerned. Case closed. Next topic. 

Seriously, has he missed a single regular season game yet??? 

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly and both FS & SS were big holes heading into our 2016 draft and we plugged them with two badass SEC Safety's out of LSU & Florida in Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye.  

And Calvin Pryor is no longer here because of it. Excellent. 

And now for at least the next 3-4 years our front office can focus on building around Sam Darnold and our offense throughout both the draft while attacking free agency without ever having to focus on our backend Safeties again within our foreseeable future and as you mentioned we have strong backup depth in Terrence Brooks and Doug Middleton. 

You really can not expect an Arizona type of Todd Bowles led defense without (first) giving him key Secondary pieces such as Trumaine Johnson and Morris Claiborne as his two #1 CB's and now playing alongside of a top tier FS/SS tandem in Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams to work with.

And in order for an Arizona like defense to happen we'll also need a secondary featuring depth with players such as Buster Skrine who's now back to his natural position of an inside nickel back followed by prospects in Parry Nickerson/Juston Burris and Middleton/Brooks which could end up being significant and paying dividends due to Bowles himself making a future living off of his Arizona led secondaries. 

At the end of the day and especially within today's game you've gotta be able to both defend and stop the pass.

And you'll need an elite Revis like Secondary or a Seattle Legion of Boom all around unit in order to do so and not even a Khalil Mack type of pass rusher is no where near enough to elevate his Defenses and all you've gotta do is ask Oakland and their swiss cheese Raiders secondaries over his 4 year stint (1 winning - 3 losing seasons). 

I can never question Maccagnan going SS/FS 1-2 when the entire sports world understood QB's such as Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson and in our case Sam Darnold were soon declaring the very next draft. 

I agree 100%.

And as far as Macc neglecting the offense. Did he not just trade up to take the top QB prospect in the draft??? And he was only able to do that b/c he made a shrewd move by trading malcontent Sheldon Richardson. Did he not also get a solid veteran WR out of it?? You know, to HELP the offense, the offense led by said top QB prospect??? 

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I agree 100%.

And as far as Macc neglecting the offense. Did he not just trade up to take the top QB prospect in the draft??? And he was only able to do that b/c he made a shrewd move by trading malcontent Sheldon Richardson. Did he not also get a solid veteran WR out of it?? You know, to HELP the offense, the offense led by said top QB prospect??? 

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

Well said and since his arrival he's acquired a few (key) offensive talents such as Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse @ WR.

A blindside veteran pass protector in Kelvin Beachum along with a 6'5 325 lb RT out of South Carolina who started 12 games as a 2nd year player last year in Brandon Shell @ OT. 

And just this past Free Agency period landed 3 additional FA's in RB Isaiah Crowell who's rushed for over 800 yards behind an anemic Cleveland Browns offense, Spencer Long as a replacement @ Center over Wesley Johnson who ranked 32nd amongst all starting Center's and who was acquired by the Ryan regime and a former 1,000 yard receiver w/ CLE (2016) in WR Terrelle Pryor. 

He's yet to splash (just, yet) but he's never ignored our offense throughout a complete team rebuild and roster purge. 

Not all draft picks are nail on the heads but he's at least attempted to kick the tires on an...

• Ohio State deep threat of a WR and speed burner in Devin Smith.

• Bryce Petty (QB out of Baylor).

• Hackenberg (QB out of Penn State).

• Teddy Bridgewater who he immediately turned into a 3rd round draft pick (for 500k).

• 2 WR's out of Powerhouse Conferences (SEC/ACC) and history programs (Alabama/Clemson) in ArDarius Stewart and Charone Peake,

• TwoTwo TE's out of the loaded ACC out of Clemson and Miami (FL) in Jordan Leggett and Christopher Herndon IV.

• Potential sleeper RB's in Elijah McGuire and Trenton Cannon. 

Etc. 

And most importantly he traded up from 6th overall to 3rd overall (aggressive) and stole us the NFL's highest rated QB Prospect coming out since dating back to Andrew 'suck for' Luck in Sam Darnold.

And now has our Franchise positioned and projected to rank 2nd in available salary cap space (2019) and 2nd in available salary cap space (2020).

Compared to Jacksonville who's now in salary cap hell due to being projected 31st (2019) and 32nd (2020) after already losing Allen Robinson to Free Agency, set to lose Dante Fowler Jr. as a 3rd overall pick to Free Agency (can not afford his $14.2 million dollar 5th year team option/cap hit) along with more to follow. 

All while still owning our rights to all of our future 1st round draft picks; in order to truly build around Sam Darnold and our QB position. 

He's truly done an overall outstanding job for our Franchise, has our foreseeable future in a much brighter situation than when first arrived and is currently a breath of fresh air.  

Archived