That game last night was downright AWFUL

ASH1962

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Between the rain delay, the disgusting National Anthem that nobody could hear sung by Girls to Boys or whoever the ***k they are, that dope Collinsd*ck saying RPO every 5 seconds, I fell asleep by the end of the first half. We were re acquainted with regular season NFL football - stoppage after stoppage, flag after flag, delay after delay, FG bonanza, and just plain boring crummy football.

I hope the rest of the season gets better because IMHO, it could not get any worse than that sludge fest last night

You have the nerve to disrespect Boyz II Men.  GFY!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Does Pepperirdge farm also remember we got vernson gholston instead?

I was about to say the same thing it's pretty outrageous what he has said about Matt Ryan. Ryan has been a top 5 quarterback if you judge quarterbacks in the NFL over the past 10 years and he has won an MVP. Imagine if the Jets had Matt RHan during the Sanchez Rex era. Pepperidge Farms should start laying off the lactose

Training camp has been essentially reduced to walk-throughs, no one plays in the preseason anymore so the first month is a mess, everything is a penalty including touching the QB. The product stinks right now. It's not a shock the Pats are good every year because they simply prepare better than everyone else. Brady threw more passes this preseason than Darnold for gods sakes.

It got somewhat interesting in the 4th quarter, but for the most part it was like watching a preseason game.

Some thoughts:

1) Wow, Matt Ryan was so bad. He was atrocious in the red zone last year and that trend seems to be continuing. He seems to be getting worse with age.

2) What the hell was up with that terrible replay ruling on the Jones catch? It was clearly a catch--he held the ball between his hand and his helmet (sound familiar?). The people in the NFL command center are idiots.

3) For the people who give me a headache whining about how we should have drafted pass rushing demon Vic Beasley instead of Leonard Williams, I'm going to keep a running count of both their stats. The line so far: Beasley - 1 tackle.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

3) For the people who give me a headache whining about how we should have drafted pass rushing demon Vic Beasley instead of Leonard Williams, I'm going to keep a running count of both their stats. The line so far: Beasley - 1 tackle.

Amen brother!

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I worry that the Jets will finally become a great team but it’ll be in an NFL that sucks and it won’t be as impactful/meaningful. It sucks. I hope there are still a lot of good games this year but it’s getting bad. 

Agreed. 

I am still a crazy Jets fan but less and less an NFL fan, if that makes any sense.  

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Agreed. 

I am still a crazy Jets fan but less and less an NFL fan, if that makes any sense.  

Makes perfect sense.  I am tired of waiting after almost every play for the refs to tell me if it counted or not.  I used to watch non-Jets game much more often.  Now not so much.

I watched a rugby match recently and it reminded me a bit of what I used to love about football.  

Just now, nycdan said:

Makes perfect sense.  I am tired of waiting after almost every play for the refs to tell me if it counted or not.  I used to watch non-Jets game much more often.  Now not so much.

I watched a rugby match recently and it reminded me a bit of what I used to love about football.  

I ageee 100%

And the Jones catch call that you pointed out above is PRECISELY what is wrong with the game now.  

Reading this thread lowkey confirms what I've been saying for a long time now as it pertains to Jets fans...

The majority of our fanbase (or at least a very significant amount of them) are Jets fans 1st, NFL fans 2nd. Like if the NFL decided to abolish the Jets, they'd completely stop watching football

I enjoy football about as much as I have ever had. The refs are intrusive and inconsistent, but that is because of the philosophy used to manage them where they are given high level thoughts like "points of emphasis" and "let plays stand in replay unless there is overwhelming evidence". Just get the call right, its really not that hard. The no catch was just silly yesterday. But it's still football and even with the inconsistent referree-ing and lack of preparation because of the CBA its still the best sport in the world, and watching the Jets play especially is still something I look forward to immensely. Especially this year with Sam.

Ryans arm looked so weak yesterday you almost have to wonder if he is injured. And the 

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I am tired of waiting after almost every play for the refs to tell me if it counted or not. 

Yeah I call it the "micro pause" thye brief moment where you suspend excitement looking for the flag which ruins the moment. It is ruining the game for many, but I still love it.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Buttfumble for hating on a VERY talented (if not THE Greatest) American A Capella group that consists of classy and incredibly talented vocalists. 

can't say i like a steady diet of a capella singers but i saw a group once open for a nationally known name and they were amazing.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Boyz II Men, a legendary R&B group, deserves more than your insolence. That national anthem was spectacular. The game sucked but seriously it’s BOYZ II MEN, show some respect.

Agreed.  They did a terrific job.  Not hard to figure out Ash's demographic, is it?

And then when both teams score 30+ the complaints switch to rules favor QB, cant touch receivers or get instant PI, yada yada yahtzee.

Oh and Boys to Men are really very good. They make great music thats great to listen to. If you dig acapella you simply must listen to Pentatonix. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Does Pepperirdge farm also remember we got vernson gholston instead?

6 million ways to die, choose one. 

Matt Ryan went 0-4 in the playoffs before he got his first victory. In NY he would have been run out of town faster than Sanchez. 

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Between the rain delay, the disgusting National Anthem that nobody could hear sung by Girls to Boys or whoever the ***k they are, that dope Collinsd*ck saying RPO every 5 seconds, I fell asleep by the end of the first half. We were re acquainted with regular season NFL football - stoppage after stoppage, flag after flag, delay after delay, FG bonanza, and just plain boring crummy football.

I hope the rest of the season gets better because IMHO, it could not get any worse than that sludge fest last night

I mean this is what football is for the first 7-9 weeks ever since the new CBA was signed back in 2011, it’s just getting progressively worse every year after new rule changes keep popping up like last nights 15 yard penalty for tackling the QB, literally all he did was tackle the QB not late, not low, not high, not leading with the helmet, but because he tackled him, but when they went to the ground his weight was on top of the QB so land wrong after a legal tackle, and it’s 15 yards, sh*t like this.

Then the teams want to not pay the elite players what they are worth (this isn’t a debate what a player should make according to anyone it’s solely based on the salary cap each team has for the year), but they are not putting them out in the preseason god forbid they get hurt that’s how important these guys are.  Yet a guy who will touch the ball 450 times if he plays all 16 games like Lev Bell isn’t worth a contract at say 4 years 70 million with 50 million guaranteed in the first 3 years which is about 9% of this years cap, and about 7% of the cap the 3rd year after the cap keeps increasing, just for a comparison Aaron Rodgers will account for about 20% of the Packers cap space this year, and Cousins roughly 16%-17% of the Vikings cap space this year.  I’d rather give Bell 10% of my cap space the next 3 years then give Cousins 17%, and have a guy like Bridgewater for about 12% of my cap space, Bell, and Bridgewater at 22% of cap space, or Cousins at 17%?  Yes the Bell Bridgewater combo is a no brainer!

Everyone wants to find that next Bell in the 2nd, and 3rd round, guess what those two players are found like 2-3 times every 5 years if not less, the last 5 years those players were D Johnson, Bell, and looks like Kamara will fall into that category.  Gurley was an early 1st rounder, Barkley, Fournette (who isn’t in the same class as the others listed since he is a power back, and not a dual threat monster like the others listed), and Elliot top 5 picks, K Hunt is not in the same class, to me it’s really Bell, Gurley, Johnson, Kamara then the next tier, maybe Barkley, and Elliot play themselves into that tier, but to me not yet, and one can argue same for Kamara I’m just very high on him, and have been since before the draft last year.

Anyways they need to get it right in the 2021 CBA, and I think the players have an advantage they never had before, and that’s the fact that the millennials have either tuned out, or tuned in, but with analytical thinking, and the NFL knows, or should know they need to cater their product to this new generation, and that will favor the players in terms of salary, and guaranteed $$$$$$$ when they use that as talking points, and making numbers public during negotiations, well at least I think it will I could be wrong, and the greedy scumbag owners don’t care if they win the negotiations financially which will kill the golden Goose with in the next 15-20 years, or they can pay these players fairly with guaranteed contracts, and no franchise tags (I mean the Steelers are literally holding Bell hostage from him being able to negotiate a fair market long term contract, he isn’t in the same situation as Mack, and Donald who were still playing on their rookie deals, Bell is 2 years removed from his rookie deal).

Sucks the Jets finally get the QB position right, and we will only get to enjoy it for 3 years before the league has its next lockout, and possibly landscape changing new CBA.  That 3 year window starts Sunday hopefully they cash in in the form of a Super Bowl win during that window (really a 2 year window this year they just don’t have the pieces).

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

6 million ways to die, choose one. 

Matt Ryan went 0-4 in the playoffs before he got his first victory. In NY he would have been run out of town faster than Sanchez. 

Matt Ryan is terrible, take away Julio, and the MVP year with Shannahan as OC he is an average at best QB, he should give half his salary to Julio as a thank you.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Matt Ryan is terrible, take away Julio, and the MVP year with Shannahan as OC he is an average at best QB, he should give half his salary to Julio as a thank you.

There's a case to be made he's the most overrated QB in the league. The Vernon Gholston pick sucks it's over quick. Matt Ryan has bled ATL for a decade plus, keeping the team good enough most of the time but playing like dookie when it matters most. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

There's a case to be made he's the most overrated QB in the league. The Vernon Gholston pick sucks it's over quick. Matt Ryan has bled ATL for a decade plus, keeping the team good enough most of the time but playing like dookie when it matters most. 

Same thing Kirk Cousins will do to the Vikings for the next 3 years talk about the Jets dodging a bullet thank you Kirk!

2 hours ago, JiF said:

lol

Since there are 2 of these conversations going, I love that show.  So ******* good.

Just finished season one and and watched season two, episode one during 2nd and third quarters.  Watched fourth quarter which was good.  OZARK is awesome!  

Archived