SUNDAY GAME THREAD - Around the NFL *Football is back!*

Patriot Killa

I thoroughly enjoyed opening Sunday but outside of Buffalo losing and Pittsburgh failing to get a win; it really wasn't the best Sunday for our Jets. 

• New England won. 
• Miami Dolphins won. 
• Jaguars beat the NFC Giants. 
• Denver beat the NFC Seahawks. 

(And was neutral with KC/LAC, CIN/IND). 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By far my favorite RB prospect coming out since dating back to Adrian Peterson out of Oklahoma. 

1st NFL game ever and he rushes for over 100 yards including a long of 68 yards and a TD along with 128 yards from scrimmage against one of (if not) the best defense in the game today (Jacksonville). 

Saquon Barkley is going to be a problem. Some say the greatest combo of size/speed/strength (trio) since dating back to Bo Jackson. Kid is a special, special RB. 

A couple of things:

- Did all the "OLine experts" on the site notice how poorly the line
play was all around the league???  Particularly by DAL, which supposedly
has the best line in the league

- I guess CHI isn't the 85 Bears just yet???  One half doesn't qualify
you for the SB.  Rodgers and GB scheme in the second half was textbook
in how to kill a pass rush

- Pathetic effort by NO defense.  Did they read the pre-season predicitons
about how they're going to the SB???  Or are they still in a coma from their
awful effort in the MIN playoff game???  Allowing Fitzpatrick to kill you
with multiple vertical shots and drop 48 points is ridiculous

- CLE you're given SIX turnovers and all you can get is a tie???

- Hope BUF enjoyed their brief appearance in the playoffs last year.  Because
they are in for a long season, BAL basically knew every play their offense
was trying to run  

- NO is playing a 4-3, why in the world did they go after Demario Davis in free agency???
A 4-3 MLB has to have incredible speed/athletic ability to cover sideline to sideline.
And that's not Davis game at all

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

By far my favorite RB prospect coming out since dating back to Adrian Peterson out of Oklahoma. 

1st NFL game ever and he rushes for over 100 yards including a long of 68 yards and a TD along with 128 yards from scrimmage against one of (if not) the best defense in the game today (Jacksonville). 

Saquon Barkley is going to be a problem. Some say the greatest combo of size/speed/strength (trio) since dating back to Bo Jackson. Kid is a special, special RB. 

He's a great RB but I don't see much difference between him and the other top 5-7 backs in the NFL. I particularly don't like the fact that half his runs are for no gains or losses.  He is a HR hitter for sure but this "generational talent" stuff is overblown. 

34 minutes ago, Lon chaney said:

He's a great RB but I don't see much difference between him and the other top 5-7 backs in the NFL. I particularly don't like the fact that half his runs are for no gains or losses.  He is a HR hitter for sure but this "generational talent" stuff is overblown. 

Dude just rushed for over 100 yards against one of (if not the very) best defense in Jacksonville during only his 1st career game. 

The Giants future offense will be a problem with Saquon Barkley and Odell Beckham Jr. 

Although if they fail to find their next Franchise QB it'll be all for not...

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude just rushed for over 100 yards against one of (if not the very) best defense in Jacksonville during only his 1st career game. 

The Giants future offense will be a problem with Saquon Barkley and Odell Beckham Jr. 

Although if they fail to find their next Franchise QB it'll be all for not...

Again, not doubting his ability. Dude can ball out. He is awesome.  But what exactly makes him a "generational talent"?  What separates him from the likes of Alvin Kamara, Ray Rice, Shady McCoy, Leveon Bell or Clinton Portis (all second rounders)??

10 minutes ago, Lon chaney said:

Again, not doubting his ability. Dude can ball out. He is awesome.  But what exactly makes him a "generational talent"?  What separates him from the likes of Alvin Kamara, Ray Rice, Shady McCoy, Leveon Bell or Clinton Portis (all second rounders)??

Hoping Gettleman is viewed as an historic fool for not taking our guy. And that may be true even if Barkley is a great RB. Most RBs, no matter how good, fall off  cliff production wise at around 5-6 years in. The exceptions are either anomalies like JohN Riggins (aided by holdouts, strikes and nonuse) or guys who get worked to to death by dumb coaches like Curtis Martin. You cannot justify taking a back over a QB, period. 

Archived