MAHOMES II

RJIII

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, prime21 said:

You told us that he would have a good 1st game?

Relax Mahomes “ i told you so people”. Wait a couple of seasons for a true assessment. He did look very promising today though.

Watson “I told you so’s” are quiet today.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Same thing going on in the twitterverse. Folks talking about how if Mahomes were under center last year instead of Smith then KC probably would have made it further in the playoffs, because he's thrown 4TD's against a chargers team that always find a way to f everything up. 

The funny thing is, when Alex Smith threw 4 TD's in last year's week one game against the Patriots, those same folks were talking about SuperBowl. 

Relax ladies and gentlemen. Let the kid put a season together first before we get "I told you so" threads before the end of his 2nd regular season game. 

As a side note, it's great to see a Air Raid, Big 12 conference QB be successful like this in the pro's. 

It goes to show that if you play to a QB's strengths, provide him talent and quality coaching then they can begin to develop and show promise. 

Oh, and shoutouts to Case Keenum on his win...another Air Raid QB. 

@Philc1 :-) 

I distinctly remember the Chiefs going bananas Week 1 last year.  Alex Smith looked like a HOF QB.  Kareem Hunt looked like someone who would change the RB position.  Looked like an unstoppable offense.

It just turns out Andy Reid is really good coach schematically, and in the early season with no film for others to dissect, the strengths and weaknesses of his players are hidden more.

Actually tried to watch as much of this game as I could. Came away somewhat underwhelmed. No doubt the guy can throw it out of the stadium, and he had some good throws, but he locked in on his first read a lot and wasn’t able to throw anything other than fastballs. 

Andy Reid is the most underrated coach in the nfl because of his postseason struggles, and the team around Pat is absolutely stacked, so it inflated his stats and makes him look good. Smart of Andy and Pat to get the ball out quickly to his guys and let them work. 

Let’s see how he progresses instead of anointing him after 1 game.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

You told us that he would have a good 1st game?

Relax Mahomes “ i told you so people”. Wait a couple of seasons for a true assessment. He did look very promising today though.

Watson “I told you so’s” are quiet today.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wait a couple of seasons, says the fanbase of Sam Darnold.

Archived