Does Mahomes have a good coaching staff?   yes

Does Mahomes have some weapons at his disposal?  yes

Is the Jets QB Sam Darnold? yes

What are people arguing about?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're right CTM.  You got me.  I bow down before you.  I'll even do you a solid and summarize the defeat you've handed me:

Mahomes is 1000x better than Smith but Smith played very well in that offense.  I wonder what Mahomes would look like in a different system.

BOOOOOMMMM!!!  FACE TIME!!!  IN YOUR EYE, JIF!!!!!!!!   YOU ARE SOOOO DUMB!!!!!!!! SUCH A FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAY TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would quote your initial post again but you either lack the comprehension skills to read your words and understand them or you are just in stubborn denial.

Either way it's a waste of time smashJif

Is Chad'sTheMan still making points up in his head and then arguing for or against them on the forum? This is like 5 threads now.

- Mahomes is awesome

- Mahomes is in an awesome situation with outstanding playmakers, strong OL, and great offensive coaching/playcalling

The two above statements are neither mutually exclusive, nor are they throwing cold water on Mahomes in order to artificially inflate Sam's value. This would be an "AND" function.

Half of mahomes TDs are dump offs that go the distance. Including a couple last night. Sorry I don’t just look at stats... context is more important to me.

Im MUCH more impressed with was Wentz/Luck are doing... carrying their offenses. Hell even Goff has impressed me more than Mahomes this year. 

Not to mention Rodgers- who is literally a one man team. Comparing him to Mahomes is laughable at this point.

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Half of mahomes TDs are dump offs that go the distance. Including a couple last night. Sorry I don’t just look at stats... context is more important to me.

I'll take this one:

"Stop throwing cold water on Mahomes and pumping up Darnold without mentioning or referencing Darnold anywhere in the post!"

-Chad'sTheMan

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

I would quote your initial post again but you either lack the comprehension skills to read your words and understand them or you are just in stubborn denial.

Either way it's a waste of time smashJif

It would be a waste of time.  Because I've already conceded the win.  You got me.  Should I repeat it again to make you feel better?

Mahomes is 1000x better than Alex Smith but this offense made Alex Smith look really good (see stats) as some perspective. 

And I would read that post and I'd gasp for air and run to hide my face from the shame.

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Is Chad'sTheMan still making points up in his head and then arguing for or against them on the forum? This is like 5 threads now.

- Mahomes is awesome

- Mahomes is in an awesome situation with outstanding playmakers, strong OL, and great offensive coaching/playcalling

The two above statements are neither mutually exclusive, nor are they throwing cold water on Mahomes in order to artificially inflate Sam's value. This would be an "AND" function.

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'll take this one:

"Stop throwing cold water on Mahomes and pumping up Darnold without mentioning or referencing Darnold anywhere in the post!"

-Chad'sTheMan

Your obsession with me is cute and all but you'll get as far with it as you do with your Brady obsession.

Now run along 

19 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Not to mention Rodgers- who is literally a one man team. Comparing him to Mahomes is laughable at this point.

Comparing Mahomes to Rodgers aka one of the GOATs is totally fine and acceptable! Not comparing him to Rodgers is just the Samsonites being Darnold homers!

(I'll take credit for Samsonites, btw)

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Your obsession with me is cute and all but you'll get as far with it as you do with your Brady obsession.

Now run along 

Can you go three threads without mentioning brady or nah?

edit: My obsession with you? Haha. Below are the last 3 threads that we've had an exchange in. Notice that you quoted me first in all 3.

All of this started from a September thread (below), which is the only time I've quoted you first in a thread. You had a cow because you thought I was dissing your boo Brady, but ultimately you admitted that you were misinterpreting my comments because you weren't properly reading the posts. Proof positive that you make sh*t up in your head without clearly reading what's in front of you, and then argue your nuts off simply because you've got nothing else going on.

And now you can't help but throw brady into every post you quote me in even when it's completely unnecessary, just like this thread:

43 minutes ago, CTM said:

But sure, I'm the obsessed one.

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Comparing Mahomes to Rodgers aka one of the GOATs is totally fine and acceptable! Not comparing him to Rodgers is just the Samsonites being Darnold homers!

(I'll take credit for Samsonites, btw)

Ok you’re a clown 

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Im MUCH more impressed with was Wentz/Luck are doing... carrying their offenses. Hell even Goff has impressed me more than Mahomes this year. 

Maybe look up these stats instead of ignoring them in favor of just relying upon your personal perceptions. What you conveniently ignore is leading receivers properly. If you hit a receiver in stride, he can get more yards. If you complete the pass but the receiver had to break stride, lean anywhere other than forward momentum, and/or outright jump to catch it, you're not going to get half of those longer TDs no matter which player caught it. 

Completed yards in the air:

• Mahomes: 6.6 yds
  • Goff: 6.0
  • Luck: 5.3

He also attempts more long passes than anyone you mentioned. His average attempted pass is 9.6 yards. The only current starters more aggressive in this regard are Winston (10.5) and Watson (nominally ahead, at 9.7).

Average air yards to the sticks (how many yards of air, relative to the 1st down marker, or presumably also the EZ).

• Mahomes: +0.7 yds (0.7 yards past the sticks). Only active starter ahead of him is Winston (1.1).
  • Both Luck's and Wentz's average attempt is -1.6 yards (1.6 yards in front of the sticks, requiring 1st downs to be made via YAC).

He's doing awesome. As the Jets were never really contenders this year (yet again), thanks in no small part to our FO (yet again) and coaching (yet again), I don't see the purpose in denigrating a good kid having a rookie year with production never seen before (other than fellow 2017-draftee Watson's start that unfortunately got cut short). It's not even like you're badmouthing the accomplishments of every non-Jets QB, which would be nonsensical but at least it'd be consistent, or if he played for a division rival. What'd Mahomes do to you? 

10 hours ago, nico002 said:

1. Look at Alex smiths stats to start the year lat year- he led the leuage in almost every statistical category 

2. Mahomes is in his second year, two years older than darnold, playing with the best wr/rb/te/ol/oc in the game. Comparing him to darnold is impossible 

This 100%

You can’t compare the situations and I specifically wanted Mahomes drafted by the Jets   

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Can you go three threads without mentioning brady or nah?

edit: My obsession with you? Haha. Below are the last 3 threads that we've had an exchange in. Notice that you quoted me first in all 3.

All of this started from a September thread (below), which is the only time I've quoted you first in a thread. You had a cow because you thought I was dissing your boo Brady, but ultimately you admitted that you were misinterpreting my comments because you weren't properly reading the posts. Proof positive that you make sh*t up in your head without clearly reading what's in front of you, and then argue your nuts off simply because you've got nothing else going on.

And now you can't help but throw brady into every post you quote me in even when it's completely unnecessary, just like this thread:

But sure, I'm the obsessed one.

Lol, way to prove me wrong 

On 10/23/2018 at 1:41 PM, peebag said:

We get it...you liked Mahomes.  Do you have anything else to add?

Did I invite you to my thread? Well, welcome anyway.. 

LRiddick ESPN: Golic & Wingo "I would trade ALL 52 men on the roster for MAHOMES II" 

And yes, where is Thai Foo Panda? Tell that chump to show his sticks soon.. 

Archived