Games #6 -

Games #7 - 

Game #8 -

Game #9 -

Games #10 -

Game #11 -

Game #12 -

Game # 13 -

Add more if need be. This will be more than enough data for the minions on this thread to understand what should have been! 

We do not care . He does not play for jets.. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, HessStation said:

So I ate lunch at a Buffalo Wild Wings and couldn’t look away from the KC game. Mahomes is on another level. His arm is ridiculous. Whoever Was pounding the desk for him, major kudos. He’s a wow type guy.

That looks like the best offense in the NFL

It's nuts how much the draft process missed the boat on him. It seems like a boy cried wolf-situation built up with Tech players in general over the past 15+ years. And I almost can't even get mad at the Jets for it considering how much Amaro didn't match up to his scouting report.

I'm starting to wonder if he would have been #1 overall had he been from anywhere else.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's nuts how much the draft process missed the boat on him. It seems like a boy cried wolf-situation built up with Tech players in general over the past 15+ years. And I almost can't even get mad at the Jets for it considering how much Amaro didn't match up to his scouting report.

I'm starting to wonder if he would have been #1 overall had he been from anywhere else.

To be fair most of the scouting reports I saw acknowledged that he did a lot of wow things but that he also went off script and did a lot of crazy freelancing that had scouts concerned he wouldn’t get away with that in the NFL. We haven’t seen any of that....yet

If he’s still throwing 4 or 5 TD’s a game and no turnovers in the AFCCG then kudos to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Would be interesting to know how Bears fans feel about taking Truibisky over him.

11 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

To be fair most of the scouting reports I saw acknowledged that he did a lot of wow things but that he also went off script and did a lot of crazy freelancing that had scouts concerned he wouldn’t get away with that in the NFL. We haven’t seen any of that....yet

If he’s still throwing 4 or 5 TD’s a game and no turnovers in the AFCCG then kudos to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Would be interesting to know how Bears fans feel about taking Truibisky over him.

I get that, but other guys that have gone #1 overall did that too i.e. Mayfield and Vick. My point is that Tech is such a wild anomaly of a program that nobody really knows what to make of their guys, so they err, rightfully so, on the conservative side. Stick a kid that looks exactly like Mahomes on USC or Oklahoma and it's hard to believe the scouts miss on him this badly.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:38 PM, bealeb319 said:

Forget about Mahomes if we had a guy like hill minus his off field problems those 3 yard screens would be homeruns and we would look like offensive geniuses

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. I'm thinking even our 21 year old Darnold would be 3-0 right now if we swapped offenses & the coach with KC. Kelsey for Herndon, Hill for Kearse, Watkins for Enunwa, Conley for Anderson, Robinson for Pryor, Hunt for Crowell/Powell. And swap Olines, lol. 

Put this way it puts things into perspective. Chiefs are talented! Kelsey is the 2nd best TE in the league behind Gronk. Sams playing with a rookie. Seriously, it's sad how the organization has drafted offense. Remember Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Mickey Shuler, Freeman McNeil. 

Just watching Steelers vs Bucs, AB, Juju, Evans, Jackson, Godwin, OJ Howard, our Jets are offensively very poor. Offensive stepchild to most of the league.

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

It’s a good thing he got picked by an offensive/QB coach who has some experience in dealing with wow guys who have cannon arms. They said the same thing about Favre, and Andy worked on the same staff that helped reign him in and turn him into the only 3x consecutive MVP in league history. 

Anyone overlooking Andy’s impact on this kid vs some of the other young QBs is making a gigantic oversight. 

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It’s a good thing he got picked by an offensive/QB coach who has some experience in dealing with wow guys who have cannon arms. They said the same thing about Favre, and Andy worked on the same staff that helped reign him in and turn him into the only 3x consecutive MVP in league history. 

Anyone overlooking Andy’s impact on this kid vs some of the other young QBs is making a gigantic oversight. 

I agree, Mahomes has landed in a near perfect spot. 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, HessStation said:

So I ate lunch at a Buffalo Wild Wings and couldn’t look away from the KC game. Mahomes is on another level. His arm is ridiculous. Whoever Was pounding the desk for him, major kudos. He’s a wow type guy.

That looks like the best offense in the NFL

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

dude give it a rest..  no one gives a sh-t about Pat Mahomes here except you.

Didn't go over as well as you thought it would did it? Yet, here you are! lol, idiot! 

I'll be here every week rubbing your smug face in it. 

3 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Didn't go over as well as you thought it would did it? Yet, here you are! lol, idiot! 

I'll be here every week rubbing your smug face in it. 

Rutgers was trying to annoy me and Lupz and you are the 2 guys that have taken turns juggling Mahomes nuts for 2 years..  Nothing I didn't expect.. 

Trust me..  no one gives a sh-t about Mahomes. 

38 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rutgers was trying to annoy me and Lupz and you are the 2 guys that have taken turns juggling Mahomes nuts for 2 years..  Nothing I didn't expect.. 

You seem pretty trust worthy, I believe you. 

I dig your avatar too, very manly! 

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Lol Pat Mahomes offenses putting up 500 yards, Jamaal Adams defenses giving up 500 yards.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

100% agreed, but still doesn’t discount the fact Mahomes IS special.

he might be...all i know is that going into that draft the entire air-raid thing scared the sh*t out people...and specifically jets fans after Bryce Petty...its the draft...it really is a crap shoot.

that being said this thread is pointless drivel comparing apples and oranges and just annoys already agitated jets fans like myself. Just like Darnold with Andy Reid and a bunch of weapons could have been a star, Mahomes with masterBates and mr Peanut could have been running for his life.

9 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

he might be...all i know is that going into that draft the entire air-raid thing scared the sh*t out people...and specifically jets fans after Bryce Petty...its the draft...it really is a crap shoot.

that being said this thread is pointless drivel comparing apples and oranges and just annoys already agitated jets fans like myself. Just like Darnold with Andy Reid and a bunch of weapons could have been a star, Mahomes with masterBates and mr Peanut could have been running for his life.

Mahomes was not a risk if you did your homework, kid has been a professional athlete basically since he was 5, and can make any throw from any angle anywhere.

Darnold doesn’t have Mahomes arm, but has everything else, just like you said get him away from Bowles, get a offensive HC attach him to his hip, and surround him with talent the rest will be glorious!

Mahomes was not a risk if you did your homework, kid has been a professional athlete basically since he was 5, and can make any throw from any angle anywhere.
Darnold doesn’t have Mahomes arm, but has everything else, just like you said get him away from Bowles, get a offensive HC attach him to his hip, and surround him with talent the rest will be glorious!

So the teams that passed on him didn’t do their homework but you did? Like millions of dollars went into scouting and QB needy teams said...I’ll pass...but you did you HW and knew he would be a star? Do you really believe that?

40 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

So the teams that passed on him didn’t do their homework but you did? Like millions of dollars went into scouting and QB needy teams said...I’ll pass...but you did you HW and knew he would be a star? Do you really believe that?

Yes I do believe that since I was touting him before he was even considered a mid round pick never mind a top 10 pick, and a QB needy team IMO sold the farm to draft him top 10 in the 1st round, and that’s paying off pretty damn well.

Yes I do believe that since I was touting him before he was even considered a mid round pick never mind a top 10 pick, and a QB needy team IMO sold the farm to draft him top 10 in the 1st round, and that’s paying off pretty damn well.

Amazing that some FO didn’t snag you up... ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’ve never had an opinion either way about Mahomes.  Obviously the guy is having a great year and he seems like a good kid but do you really think he’d be throwing 6 tds per game with this roster and CS?

9 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Yes. I recruited him to Tech. His play is new for you guys but I've coached it and seen it for 4 years. His arm strength is one thing but his cerebral knowledge of the game is off the charts. He calls every play at the line of scrimmage. Takes A LOT of trust to allow a QB to do that. We gave him that authority as a sophomore. 

On 9/24/2018 at 11:53 PM, RJIII said:

I'll just keep a weekly grade out thread here:

Add more if need be. This will be more than enough data for the minions on this thread to understand what should have been! 

Please spare us. This belongs on a Chiefs board not on a Jets board.

24 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Yes. I recruited him to Tech. His play is new for you guys but I've coached it and seen it for 4 years. His arm strength is one thing but his cerebral knowledge of the game is off the charts. He calls every play at the line of scrimmage. Takes A LOT of trust to allow a QB to do that. We gave him that authority as a sophomore. 

:rolleyes:

Archived