MAHOMES II

RJIII

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I said the same thing last night, about 10 posts above yours. It's funny as hell how he gets under guys skin, and they keep coming back for him to do it again!

It's like us Jets fans, we know what the result is going to be yet we keep coming back to have it happen again ?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Mahomes did what you expect him to do...made some great plays and then turned the ball over 5 times.

You guys make me laugh the kid in his 12th career start was literally one more successful drive away from having people (true, or not ) debating if that was the greatest regular season game by a QB in NFL history (one more successful drive gives him about 525 yards 7 TD’s and a win instead of 475, and 6 TD’s and a loss) mind you VS a team that all the talking heads can’t stop talking about, and not just on offense everyone has hyped up that D, and they have backed it up for the most part, playing them on the road, and on Monday Night Football.

Yup over rated, over hyped turd lol, let me know when the Jets QB by Josh McCown score over 50 points not in one game, but you know total, maybe by week 15.

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You know how I know that QB Rating is an accumulation score and not an effeciency or  an impact driven score?

From ESPN:

“-- Goff threw for 413 yards and had a QB rating of 117.1, but Mahomes topped him with 478 yards and a 117.6 rating.”

If you look at the formula for QB rating,  comp % is sorta counted 2x (once as strictly  comp %, once as Y/A (which Comp % is a large factor))  making it the most important element in the calcuation

Mahommes had a higher comp % (efficiency), higher Y/A (efficiency), higher TD rate (production) than Goff while Goff had a better INT rate (these are the 4 elements)

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

His comp # isn't even as good as Alex Smith last year or something

It's identical, actually.  The only real difference is that Mahomes has turned it over 3x more than Smith at this point than Smith did the entire season and some stats are better.  So it will probably be like 5x more turnovers by the end of the season.  Marginal increase in pts and yards as a team.  Basically the same exact team as last year with just a fancy new QB who does cool stuff when he's not throwing a screen pass for 75 yards. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

It's identical, actually.  The only real difference is that Mahomes has turned it over 3x more than Smith at this point than Smith did the entire season and some stats are better.  So it will probably be like 5x more turnovers by the end of the season.  Marginal increase in pts and yards as a team.  Basically the same exact team as last year with just a fancy new QB who does cool stuff when he's not throwing a screen pass for 75 yards. 

Smith >>>>  Mahommes

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan125 said:

Brooo oooo.. Did you guys see that 73 yard BOMB last night to Hill? Can Darnold do that? No! And even if the Jets had Mahomes we wouldn't even know what to do with him. 

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not. You mean the "bomb" where hill had no one within 25 yards of him? Any QB in the NFL can make that play in their sleep...

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan125 said:

Brooo oooo.. Did you guys see that 73 yard BOMB last night to Hill? Can Darnold do that? No! And even if the Jets had Mahomes we wouldn't even know what to do with him. 

Darnold's season long pass is 76 yards.  When wide receivers are wide open, it doesn't matter how far the ball travels in the air.  So yeah, he can do it.

Imagine if deshaun Watson or Dak were on the chiefs....
Imagine if Mahomes was on the Jets ... we'd be posting here about what a bust he was. And if at the same time Darnold was on the Chiefs ... "why did we take a dummy like Mahomes, we should have waited a year for this Darnold kid!"

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Imagine if Mahomes was on the Jets ... we'd be posting here about what a bust he was. And if at the same time Darnold was on the Chiefs ... "why did we take a dummy like Mahomes, we should have waited a year for this Darnold kid!"

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

With Mahomes we’d be 11-0 right now 

53 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I missed it. What he do?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110201_Gonzo___Reid_should_have_punted_instead_of_piling_on_Akers.html

Andy Reid is almost never candid. Now we know why. Unjamming a foot that big from a mouth that large must be a daunting task.

For more than a decade, Reid has refused to speak his mind, choosing instead to repeat the same mind-numbing talking points. Why stand beside the truth when it's so much easier to lean on comfortable crutches?

His news conferences have more often than not doubled as forced public lobotomies. He coughs. He grumbles. Before you know it, your brain has switched off and little puddles of drool have formed at your feet.

It is the way things have always worked with Reid, much to our frustration. That briefly changed after the Packers playoff game when he was asked about David Akers missing those kicks. For some reason, Reid chose that moment to abandon his usual bland rejoinders.

Akers missed two field goals against Green Bay, and the Eagles lost by five. Reid was asked about that, and he shocked a lot of people with the rare and brutal honesty of his answer. In retrospect, that was a bad idea.

"We can all count," Reid said. "Those points would have helped.

"For once, Reid didn't hold back. But given what we now know, he would have been excused, just that once, if he had.

What the rest of us only recently learned is something Reid knew in advance of the Packers game: On the Friday before the Eagles faced Green Bay, doctors at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia told Akers that a malignant cyst in his 6-year-old daughter's left ovary needed to be removed. The news had to be a nightmare.

There is football and there is real life, and it isn't hard to figure out which matters more. As far as football is concerned, I've never quite understood Philadelphia's fanboy fascination with Akers. (I wrote a column about that shortly after the Packers game.) But what Akers and his child and their family are going through is independent of that and far more important. Your heart breaks for them. How could it not?

Which brings us back to the game and Reid's remarks and what has become a very messy situation. From a football perspective, Akers picked a terrible time to have a bad game. He wasn't the only one to perform poorly, but his mistakes were significant. To Akers' credit, he hasn't made any excuses.

"In this position, no matter what, you have to be able to put [your personal life] aside for those few hours and go do your job," Akers told Inquirer columnist Ashley Fox in the story that revealed everything that was happening with the kicker and his daughter. "There are so many people depending on you, other players who have put everything in, the coaches, the fans."

There isn't much more to say. He blew it. We knew that then, and we know that now. Even Akers knows it. Reid knew it, too, but it's surprising that he said so considering he was privy to the distressing news.

You have to wonder: Why Akers and why then? At the least, the timing was bad. Reid didn't have to cover for Akers, but he didn't have to pile on, either. Quiet compassion would have been just fine.

In that specific instance, when pressed on Akers missing those kicks, it would have been perfectly understandable if Reid had given the old company line about how all of the Eagles shared in the loss and the entire team needed to do a better job. At the time, the media and the fans would have complained about that, per usual, but we would have eventually moved on. And once we learned about the situation with Akers' daughter, even dedicated Reid detractors - including me - would have given him a pass for refusing to talk about what went wrong with his Pro Bowl kicker that day.

I'm all for Reid shedding his shroud of secrecy in favor of a more transparent approach, but there would have been better times to do so and better players to single out. Akers was already feeling pretty low. Why add to the man's misery? If there was ever a time for Reid to protect a player, that was it.

There is football and there is real life, and it isn't hard to figure out which matters more. Reid should have known better. He goofed. He goofed big.

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Does the Jets QB have an all madden offense around him when he plays like Mahomes does?

Yes, and Montana, Young, Aikman, Elway to name a few (hell Peyton Manning only won 1 SB with a great OL, 2 HOF WR’s, Dallas Clark, and Edge James who isn’t to far from HOF credentials falls a touch short IMO, but not far) didn’t have awesome players every where, great OL, and GREAT coaching, crazy no great QB ever had a offense like this before so Mahomes stinks till he takes a 1 win team to 10 wins, and Super Bowl like every other QB who ever won the Super Bowl l.  Oh, wait.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Yea you are def right the chiefs lost a couple games this year because they pretty much have no offensive talent, if Mahomes were on a loaded team like the jets he might actually be decent

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

If Darnold was on the chiefs they’d be battling for the first pick in the draft 

8 hours ago, Jetsfan125 said:

The ball traveled about 55 yards in the air.  

It was only about 8 yards further than Sam's bomb to Anderson vs the Lions that he threw flat footed.

He doesn't have Mahomes' gun, but his arm isn't weak.

19 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You guys make me laugh the kid in his 12th career start was literally one more successful drive away from having people (true, or not ) debating if that was the greatest regular season game by a QB in NFL history (one more successful drive gives him about 525 yards 7 TD’s and a win instead of 475, and 6 TD’s and a loss) mind you VS a team that all the talking heads can’t stop talking about, and not just on offense everyone has hyped up that D, and they have backed it up for the most part, playing them on the road, and on Monday Night Football.

Yup over rated, over hyped turd lol, let me know when the Jets QB by Josh McCown score over 50 points not in one game, but you know total, maybe by week 15.

The jets scores 48 on the road on MNF, this year. Just sayin...

You guys make me laugh the kid in his 12th career start was literally one more successful drive away from having people (true, or not ) debating if that was the greatest regular season game by a QB in NFL history (one more successful drive gives him about 525 yards 7 TD’s and a win instead of 475, and 6 TD’s

Fitzpatrick has had 6 touchdown games with far less talent around him. How come no one has made a thread about how good fitz is? Mahomes is doing good our there but I am not sold that he isn't a product of the team around him unfortunately I will have to wait and see because his weapons aren't going anywhere any time soon

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived