MAHOMES II

RJIII

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The ball traveled about 55 yards in the air.  

It was only about 8 yards further than Sam's bomb to Anderson vs the Lions that he threw flat footed.

He doesn't have Mahomes' gun, but his arm isn't weak.

The most impressive thing about that was how quickly he saw the CB fall down and let it go. QB's often miss wide open receivers.

Perhaps he was headed there anyway,  the ball was thrown nearly perfectly so that was going to be a TD regardless

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Could you imagine the threads if Sam Darnold had 5 turnovers in 1 single game and 1 was a pick six and the other a strip sack for six?

Yes I can, you and nico and a few others in the Darnold Protection Racket would blame most of it on the oline,  The 2 strip sacks  = oline fault sure, the  int on the second to last drive where his arm was hit would again be blamed on the line, the pick 6 would be categorized as some combination of great defensive play/fluke/oline fault and the last int would be excused as desperation attempt that doesn't really count.

The rest of us would be pretty happy watching a jet QB throw for 500 yards and looking dominate for the first time in I dunno, 30 years?

8 hours ago, k-met57 said:

The jets scores 48 on the road on MNF, this year. Just sayin...

Reading Comprehension

“You let me know when the Jets QB QB by Josh McCown score over 50 points not in one game, but you know total?  Maybe by week 15?”

Sam Darnold was the QB then.

7 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Fitzpatrick has had 6 touchdown games with far less talent around him. How come no one has made a thread about how good fitz is? Mahomes is doing good our there but I am not sold that he isn't a product of the team around him unfortunately I will have to wait and see because his weapons aren't going anywhere any time soon

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Lol good thing Joe Montana, Peyton Manning’s, or Troy Aikman’s weapons didn’t leave them they would have been terrible QB’s bouncing around the league as backups instead of HOF QB’s ?!

On 11/20/2018 at 7:07 PM, Lupz27 said:

Yes, and Montana, Young, Aikman, Elway to name a few (hell Peyton Manning only won 1 SB with a great OL, 2 HOF WR’s, Dallas Clark, and Edge James who isn’t to far from HOF credentials falls a touch short IMO, but not far) didn’t have awesome players every where, great OL, and GREAT coaching, crazy no great QB ever had a offense like this before so Mahomes stinks till he takes a 1 win team to 10 wins, and Super Bowl like every other QB who ever won the Super Bowl l.  Oh, wait.

Meanwhile I said previously I think he's talented, but keep on pushing whatever narrative you're feeling. Why does context seemingly offend you? Have you seen them play? For some more context most of the players you mentioned also did not play in a time where the rules blatantly favor the offense. Oh no, facts... Mahomes is talented, regardless of the talent around him. Many people have taken a good situation and messed it up. Do you feel better now...

• 3 weeks later...

So does MAHOMES II break the single season TD record and get free "ketchup" for lifetime? I think he does. Hard to think a kid with no talent could break the single season TD record in his 1st year starting. 

24 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

2 td 1 int is hardly spectacular. As soon as he lost one of his weapons his production deminished the kid is a product of the players around him

haha, well if that's how the looser mentality you've developed by being a Jet fan and can't recognize greatness, ok.. Enjoy your empty life. 

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree with Mahomes having a ton of talent around him on offense, but bro....have you ever seen this before? 

Yes by Mahomes at Texas Tech, but apparently I was the only one watching around these parts.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes by Mahomes at Texas Tech, but apparently I was the only one watching around these parts.

I feel you. I was in a similar boat. 

You was watching TT, I was watching OU. The rest of the world was too busy talking about how it's nothing but Air Raids and no defense in the Big 12 conference. 

They forgot that there's a sh*t ton of offense in the Big 12 though. 

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Yet 0 interceptions is better than 1?

Can't tell if you're serious or just stupid. Try this one one for size but be warned everything is bigger in Texas and this will probably stretch you out. 

A W (win) is better than a L (loss). Now to your defense I know you know nothing about W's so hope you didn't mind me using lube. 

Can't tell if you're serious or just stupid. Try this one one for size but be warned everything is bigger in Texas and this will probably stretch you out. 
A W (win) is better than a L (loss). Now to your defense I know you know nothing about W's so hope you didn't mind me using lube. 

Name calling does not make one sound more intelligent. Sure a win is better than a loss but a player can be better than another one and still lose a game no?

15 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Name calling does not make one sound more intelligent. Sure a win is better than a loss but a player can be better than another one and still lose a game no?

That would correct IMO and I'll give you 2 examples. MAHOMES lost to both Tom Brady and Jerod Geoff yet he still is the better QB of the 2. Both of those losses were on the road but a loss is a loss. 

Now that I have given my examples, please explain what your point is?

Just to help you out a bit:

L Jackson  (147 yards, 2 TD's, 0-INT's) LOSS

MAHOMES (377 yards, 2 TD's, 1-INT) WIN

6 minutes ago, RJIII said:

I really do love the jets, just tired of this shït! :)

Me too. This is why I respect your troll. The Jets organization dont deserve fans right now. 

I bet you had a great time watching your guy Mahomes this season. 

I've been having a great time watching Mayfield put up one of the best rookie seasons since the NFL merger. 

All we get is sadness, despair and emotional abuse messing with the Jets. 

I've been happy as hell this year, probably because I've been enjoying football. The Jets havent been playing football when you compare their play to other teams of the league. 

Trust bro, im tired of that sh*t as well. Over the past 3 seasons the Jets have paid Fitz and McCown "starter" money. 

I was done the moment I seen 12 million for Fitz. I knew management was complete garbage. And Macc has completely lived up to that fact.

10 minutes ago, RJIII said:

That would correct IMO and I'll give you 2 examples. MAHOMES lost to both Tom Brady and Jerod Geoff yet he still is the better QB of the 2. Both of those losses were on the road but a loss is a loss. 

Now that I have given my examples, please explain what your point is?

Just to help you out a bit:

L Jackson  (147 yards, 2 TD's, 0-INT's) LOSS

MAHOMES (377 yards, 2 TD's, 1-INT) WIN

Archived