MAHOMES II

RJIII

6 hours ago, legler82 said:

For the "it's only one game" crowd, Mahomes bas been lighting it up in preseason and reports are he was incredible in practice.  He also played really well against a really good Denver defense in the final game of the regular season last year.  For goodness sake ANDY F*CKING REID traded away his pro-bowl one time MVP candidate QB who he hand pick to come with him to KC, just to clear the way for Mahomes to play.  So please spare us with the Browning Nagle and Paxton Lynch comparisons.  There's always a possibility that Mahomes does not pan out; if that were to happen, I think it's safe to predict that it won't be because he lacks the talent.  I'm ecstatic that we ended up with Darnold but still would have preferred Mahomes because of his arm and we play in the northeast.  Even if one were to believe that Darnold is a better QB than Mahomes, there is no way he is 3 2nd round picks better. 

No way?????  the QB is the most important position on the field.  If Mahomes looks like Trubisky (and he could) Id give three number 1s to have Darnold over him

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Darnold is 100x better than Mahomes and Watson

Watson is what he is, he’ll be a bottom third qb in the league for a long time.  He’ll have a A. Dalton type career, just a different type of player.  Just doesn’t have the arm talent to be a top end qb

Now Mahomes could be great, but he absolutely needed to go to a guy like Reid, if he came here he wouldn’t have a shot to succeed 

spot on.   Mahomes is surrounded by talent everywhere in KC

54 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Oh I get it now.  Every QB we pass on suck or meh until they "prove" otherwise.  Conversely, the ones we draft are great until they prove not to be.

Correct, well, sort of. In reality one or two good games doesn't make one great or even good. So yeah, until one proves it over time they are merely meh particularly if they are on another team. Yes, if Darnold has a good game every one will accentuate the positive... Having said that, people shat all over Hack when he was drafted as was Geno, so there's that. Let me know if you want the cliffs notes.

Did he do as well as Ryan Fitzpatrick?
(And maybe we should wait till it's more than one week to go on in 2019?)

I’ve know him since he was 10. I know what to expect and what will happen. It’s for guys, I get it! Bottom line, I’m happy w Darnold after the fact. That said, MAHOMES should still have been the pick at 6 two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

28 minutes ago, RJIII said:

I’ve know him since he was 10. I know what to expect and what will happen. It’s for guys, I get it! Bottom line, I’m happy w Darnold after the fact. That said, MAHOMES should still have been the pick at 6 two years ago.

Ah, so it's a personal thing for you, got it.

No one ranked Mahomes that high.  He was a reach.  He may work out great, but he was still a reach, and no way OUR GM was reaching after Hackenberg.  Sad, but true.

You will never see me defend the Safety/Safety picks.  They're ice kids, and decent players I suppose, but Safety is and never will be a premier top-of-draft position that should rank about other legit premier positions, all the "BAP" BS notwithstanding.

All right mother fückas..... I stand on my feeling w MAHOMES II and realize the offenses and schemes are different between Jets/Chiefs. Before I eat some crow on offense, our defense is NASTY. Always has been but with salty O, well I'm beside myself and have to admit close to tears of joy with what I saw tonight. 

So I'm a loaner pretty much here in Texas being a Jet fan for obvious reasons but I'm rubbing off on my crew. So, I'm at Top Golf in the Colony (Dallas) Texas tonight and have the entire 2nd floor doing the JETS, Jets, Jets, Jets, chant pretty much after every play offense/defense once we were up by 14. 

I follow college football religously and very aware of Darnold and his capabilities/potential. I was floored tonight w his play all the way around. We aren't getting MAHOMES II and I knew that but was pissed selfishly. I'm not after tonight. MAHOMES II still my boy and will follow him but from the deepest part of TEXAS, life long JET fan and from the bottom of my heart, **** YEAH and I'm on board! 

I'll take my licks and reply to every post form here.. Just know this TEXAS boy is and has been representing for 46 years.. 

21 hours ago, Jetster said:

Watson ate the Pats up last year. Give Bill Belichick tape & look at yesterday. BB rushed to keep him in the pocket, forced him to make tight window throws & he was terrible. He overthrew like 4 seam passes when his WR had a good yard on the defender & he wasn't even close. 

Excellent point by you.  Watson has a skill-set that can be exploited, maybe easily, once enough film is out there, whereas Mahomes and Darnold not too easy, especially Mahomes, but I can easily see Darnold looking like he is having an off day, Jets being behind, and him suddenly going off in the 4th Qtr...200 yards, 3 TD's, with the winning one being thrown as the clock strikes zero.  Darnold actually said he finds the pro game "easier" since the hash marks are tighter than in college, he sees the field better...hit 80% of his passes tonight, I won't argue.

21 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Mahomes would have been the right pick in 2017 and it was a huge risk waiting until 2018 to take a QB since it seems like Mac decided that he liked that draft class better.

However, we absolutely struck gold and there is something about Sam that just seems special. Despite how incompetent our team is, he will rise above. HE will attract the right coaching and GM candidates. Mahomes went into a great place. Sam is marching into hell, where QBs go to die and he’s as calm as anything.

I’m sorry but screw Mahomes. I’d take Sam over him any day of the week. Let’s revisit this conversation after 3 years and after we properly surround Sam with offensive talent. 

After tonight I'll predict that Mahomes and Darnold will be Top 5 QB's within a few years, no complaints from me.  Although I won't go as far as Tony Romo who has already crowned Darnold as the next Peyton Manning.  That was before Monday night in Detroit.  I really think highly of Romo as an analyst too.  What a gift for Jet fans.  Even if a prediction like that doesn't come to fruition, I can't think of a time a Jet QB was getting this kind of respect.

You are going to see games like this from MAHOMES II more than not. Doing it again today at PITT. I've watched him play in High School here in Texas and certainly at Texas Tech. 

Darnold id playing good today IMO. We need some serious Jimmies & Joes at skill positions to help him. Way too many dropped balls. The pic in the end zone was costly. 

On 9/10/2018 at 3:07 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

You would trade darnold for him ??

As another poster has mentioned, this coaching staff does not fit MAHOMES II style of football, not even close. MAHOMES II is a better QB than Darnold, that said Darnold is a better fit at QB in this system. 

If I'm a GM of any team and I have the choice of the two I'm taking MAHOMES II.

As another poster has mentioned, this coaching staff does not fit MAHOMES II style of football, not even close. MAHOMES II is a better QB than Darnold, that said Darnold is a better fit at QB in this system. 

Says the guy with a Texas tech logo in his avatar. Not surprised.

14 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Take this to the Chiefs board. No one cares. Come back in 5 years and let’s compare numbers. Not two weeks.  

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Take this to the Chiefs board. No one cares. Come back in 5 years and let’s compare numbers. Not two weeks.  

MAHOMES II just made NFL history with that last TD pass. First player ever to throw 10 TD's in 2 games, NO INT's..

Why don't we come back every week and compare numbers? 

3 minutes ago, RJIII said:

MAHOMES II just made NFL history with that last TD pass. First player ever to throw 10 TD's in 2 games, NO INT's..

Why don't we come back every week and compare numbers? 

Honestly, what’s the point of that? He doesn’t ya for the Jets and no one cares. Let it go. 

Honestly, what’s the point of that? He doesn’t ya for the Jets and no one cares. Let it go. 

No one cares yet here you are talking about it!

I’ll never let it go the Jets passed on MAHOMES II. So it’s not just the fact he’s not our QB, but the Jets won’t get past him IF they are fortunate enough to make the playoffs. Going from being Brady’s bîtch to MAHOMES II bïtch. It’s only been 50 years, what’s another 20 right?

Archived