MAHOMES II

RJIII

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QBs matter a lot in this league.  But sometimes they are made to look a lot better than they really are.  Mahomes right now is playing well, but lets not pretend like the rest of that offense isn't a huge part of that, top to bottom.  Meanwhile JG (who imo is playing really well today all things considered) has an OL that is porous, with wrs that are slow, drop balls and can't get separation and now he is playing from behind which makes things even more predictable and suddenly everyone is calling him out.  

Matt Ryan is the king of this Jeckle and Hide boom or bust qbing and predictably half the fans want him dead and half are convinced he is the second coming of Joe Montana.

20 minutes ago, Hael said:

QBs matter a lot in this league.  But sometimes they are made to look a lot better than they really are.  Mahomes right now is playing well, but lets not pretend like the rest of that offense isn't a huge part of that, top to bottom.  Meanwhile JG (who imo is playing really well today all things considered) has an OL that is porous, with wrs that are slow, drop balls and can't get separation and now he is playing from behind which makes things even more predictable and suddenly everyone is calling him out.  

Matt Ryan is the king of this Jeckle and Hide boom or bust qbing and predictably half the fans want him dead and half are convinced he is the second coming of Joe Montana.

Matt Ryan has had the best WR and top 3 TE of their generations from the start. Seriously can’t even compare 

Sam basically plays without a offensive line that’s how weak it is. Also besides Enunwa his other wide receivers drop or fumble great passes he makes.  Yes he has made some errors but when you are constantly runnIng for your life and can’t trust most of your receivers it must be difficult especially for a 21 year old kid 

On 9/17/2018 at 2:40 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd put him in Canton.

I mean, he looks as good Deshaun Watson did last year, so there is no possible way he regresses.

Nevermind Canton, pencil him in for 9 of the next 10 Super Bowls(Watson will obviously break the streak) we might as well all pack up and go home. Mahomes and the Chiefs will never lose another game again.

51 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Andy Reid,  Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, and a good O Line. 

Its apples to tractors

Seriously. Find someone from the Reid coaching tree. I'm tired of HCs who refuse to move into the 21st century, let alone the modern era.

2 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Nevermind Canton, pencil him in for 9 of the next 10 Super Bowls(Watson will obviously break the streak) we might as well all pack up and go home. Mahomes and the Chiefs will never lose another game again.

LOL.  It’s amazing how people go crazy after a few good games. I mean Peyton Manning has a rough first year yet he turned out just fine. Sam is much younger than both mayfield and Allen so it’s not surprising he may be a bit more raw at first.  But 2 years from now I bet we will be very happy we got Sam

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

LOL.  It’s amazing how people go crazy after a few good games. I mean Peyton Manning has a rough first year yet he turned out just fine. Sam is much younger than both mayfield and Allen so it’s not surprising he may be a bit more raw at first.  But 2 years from now I bet we will be very happy we got Sam

I hope so, Thursday was sh!t, it happens ...on to Jax

Just now, redlichtie said:

I hope so, Thursday was sh!t, it happens ...on to Jax

Yeah but can’t blame that a lot on Sam.  All game he was rushed.  Then when he makes throws his receivers fumble or drop the ball besides Enunwa.  Mayfield could of done 20 jumping jacks..that’s how much protection he had

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Just wanna make sure I’m caught up with the GMs on this board, soooo we’re over us passing on Watson and now it’s us passing Mahomes that really grinds our gears.....for now

LOL.  I think our fans just like to be miserable. We have a QB who is very young and has good attributes.  But just because he isn’t a superstar right away they want to call him bust. Never mind the fact that he has no oline or receivers really

22 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

LOL.  I think our fans just like to be miserable. We have a QB who is very young and has good attributes.  But just because he isn’t a superstar right away they want to call him bust. Never mind the fact that he has no oline or receivers really

We like to be miserable? OMG please tell me you did not say that. Check this board after week 1.

WE WANT TO WIN. WE ARE TIRED OF LOSING AND LOOKING INEPT.

Sheesh

31 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Just wanna make sure I’m caught up with the GMs on this board, soooo we’re over us passing on Watson and now it’s us passing Mahomes that really grinds our gears.....for now

I think we are just angry that we can’t be more like the Chiefs, a smart club that would never waste a high draft pick on a safety

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

So I ate lunch at a Buffalo Wild Wings and couldn’t look away from the KC game. Mahomes is on another level. His arm is ridiculous. Whoever Was pounding the desk for him, major kudos. He’s a wow type guy.

That looks like the best offense in the NFL

I haven't watched the Chiefs yet this year but the Rams O is unstoppable. They have to be close to 500 yards in the third quarter already.

9 hours ago, RobR said:

I haven't watched the Chiefs yet this year but the Rams O is unstoppable. They have to be close to 500 yards in the third quarter already.

Both offenses have spread concepts which helps there QBs tremendously . Meanwhile bates our OC running plays that would make Terrell Davis and mike Shanahan proud . 

I'll just keep a weekly grade out thread here:

Game #1 - A     (Ties NFL Record)

Game #2 - A+    (Breaks NFL Record)

Game #3 - A     (Breaks NFL Record) 

Game #4 -

Game #5 -

Games #6 -

Games #7 - 

Game #8 -

Game #9 -

Games #10 -

Game #11 -

Game #12 -

Game # 13 -

Add more if need be. This will be more than enough data for the minions on this thread to understand what should have been! 

On 9/24/2018 at 12:43 AM, HessStation said:

So I ate lunch at a Buffalo Wild Wings and couldn’t look away from the KC game. Mahomes is on another level. His arm is ridiculous. Whoever Was pounding the desk for him, major kudos. He’s a wow type guy.

That looks like the best offense in the NFL

It's true. That throw he made on the run for a td while being heavily rushed was ridiculous. 

Archived