MAHOMES II

RJIII

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

So we are not allowed to have a conversation? I said he was good and super talented. What do you want me to say- he’s the best I’ve ever seen? Cause no... he’s not at all. I am more wowed by hill/hunt/kelce than mahomes. Sorry bro

look sister , all you do is projecting your insecurities about Darnold to Mahomes.

Alex Smith did sh*t with the same coaches and players .

its ok to admit that right now Mahomes is much better then Darnold 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Meh... honestly I could be decent QBing that offense... I’m just not that impressed with what Mahomes is doing. A lot of screens for 30 yard gains and open guys. Arguably the best WR/TE/RB/OL in the game...

the kid is obviously good and super talented but I’d like to see him on the Jets...

](*,)Please nico. Just don't...  No offense, but you carry a knife and this is a gun fight.

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

look sister , all you do is projecting your insecurities about Darnold to Mahomes.

Alex Smith did sh*t with the same coaches and players .

its ok to admit that right now Mahomes is much better then Darnold 

1. Look at Alex smiths stats to start the year lat year- he led the leuage in almost every statistical category 

2. Mahomes is in his second year, two years older than darnold, playing with the best wr/rb/te/ol/oc in the game. Comparing him to darnold is impossible 

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

1. Look at Alex smiths stats to start the year lat year- he led the leuage in almost every statistical category 

2. Mahomes is in his second year, two years older than darnold, playing with the best wr/rb/te/ol/oc in the game. Comparing him to darnold is impossible 

of course its possible  , we could have had him but choose to pick a safety who always take the wrong angle and shoots the wrong gap

7 hours ago, nico002 said:

Your twin Jif made the same ridiculous argument. Smith threw 26 TDs on the year, Mahommes has 22 in 7 games and has similarly significant leads in production stats like y/a. So unless you think Mahommes is going to do a complete 180 for the rest of the year it's time to find another angle to throw cold water on Mahommes hype in some bizarre attempt to defend Darnold.

Why does being amazed at what Mahommes is doing trigger Darnold insecurity for some of you? Is it because we couldve(shouldve) drafted him last year ?

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

We have to wait until there is a year of film out there on him.  This is unprecedented, but unless this kid is destined to be the best ever... at some point this is going to slow down.  Playing QB is just not that easy...

Its going to be interesting to watch how the league adjusts, kid seems to have it all though. His game right now is more reliant on his legs (making big passes on the run) than somebody like Manning, which always seems hard to maintain for QB's at this level

30 minutes ago, CTM said:

Your twin Jif made the same ridiculous argument. Smith threw 26 TDs on the year, Mahommes has 22 in 7 games and has similarly significant leads in production stats like y/a. So unless you think Mahommes is going to do a complete 180 for the rest of the year it's time to find another angle to throw cold water on Mahommes hype in some bizarre attempt to defend Darnold.

Why does being amazed at what Mahommes is doing trigger Darnold insecurity for some of you? Is it because we couldve(shouldve) drafted him last year ?

Never made that argument but it's funny seeing you work this hard to try and paint this picture.

This kid has ridiculous weapons & a proven top 3 play caller & designer in Andy Reid. Bowles doesn't even talk to the offense, lol.

Sammy Watkins is their 4th target & he would be the best offensive player on the NY Jets. He has one of the best & fastest players in the league in Hill, a top RB in Hunt, the best TE in the league in Kelcey (yes he's past Gronk (injuries + age), and he's playing behind an Oline twice as good as the Jets. 

Comparing his situation to Darnold is laughable...apples & oranges. Only reason KC lost to Pats was the NFL setup for Pats primetime home game. No way in hell the Pats win that game in KC. Mahomes is talented as hell but he'd probably be hurt playing for this Jet team.

Mahomes is having a great season and there is no denying it. If you put me back in the draft there is no way I am taking him where we drafted or even where the chiefs moved up to get him without the hindsight. My other argument with Mahomes and this is not to compare him to darnold or take away from either qb would be that the chiefs have everything we are missing. They have a good offensive line, a good running back, an elite tight end and a pair of pretty good receivers, his situation coming into the nfl really couldn't have been much better

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

The only other 2nd year QB that Mahomes reminds me of is Marino who took the Fins to a 14-2 record with 48 tds and 5,084 yds passing.. He had Duper and Clayton W/R's Woody Bennet and Tony Nathan as his backs and Dan Johnson TE.. What I also like about the Kid is he sits with Reid when the D is on the field he couldn't have landed in a better spot as a young QB..

10 hours ago, nico002 said:

@JiF"Never made that argument ".. is your brain with your fingers as they are typing or nah?

You made the identical argument even starting with almost the same exact phrase "look at Smith's stats last year". In fact, I'd be willing to bet nico lifted the entire premise from your dumb brains lol

On 10/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, JiF said:

I posted this in the stupid troll thread about Mahomes.  Go look at what this offense had Alex Smith producing last year.  

Very similar numbers, except Smith was averaging at like 72% completion percentage and zero turnovers compared to 63% and 7? (4 INT's, 3 fumbles).  Alex was responsible for 15 TD's compared to Pat's 19.  Smith with Washington this season?  64%, 6/2 and about 500 yards less passing.

Mahomes is a baller and I'm comparing him to a veteran but that system is pretty user friendly for the QB.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:30 PM, JiF said:

Is this on the year or the first 6 games? Because that's what I was comparing.

And these are all cool fancy stats but nobody argued that Smith was better than Mahomes.  All this does is further prove my point; that system took an average game manager and turned him into an MVP candidate.  

As far as these being the stats that matter in the W column, both QB's went 5-1 after 6 games. 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, JiF said:

Smith was never anywhere near as good as he was last year while he was in SF.  He was a check down charlie in SF and never sniffed 4k in yards like he did last year (though he put up Pennington like #'s so you probably loved him). Anywho, I'm taking about the first 6 games and he 100% was being talked about as an NFL MVP candidate after the way KC and Smith starter last year.  

And you're again making an argument nobody is making.  I"m not trying to poor cold water on anything.  Mahomes is electric, I'd take him over Smith 10000000x on Sunday.  I just dont think he'd be torching the league on fire the way he is on another team.  Put him on the Bills for example, I dont think we're talking about the next generational talent despite what we're seeing right now.

And all I was trying to do was provide perspective.  Mahomes is great.  Doing great things.  The simple stats (yards, comp %, TD's, turnovers), dont say he was that much better than Smith and the record is identical. 

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

You said the exact thing he did nico jr

2 weeks ago I said, lets have some perspective.  Mahomes is 1000x the player of Alex Smith but to provide some perspective I gave some comparisons to a Chad Pennington-eque QB that was doing career level stuff at that point last year in that system.  Very simple statement: that offense is ridiculously good and can make an average QB look wordly.  Fact.

So yeah, 8 TD's later, he's exactly what I said he was, 1000x that of Alex Smith.  But people like you acting like his situation doesnt benefit him is bizarre.  It's like you're desperately trying to throw cold water on Darnold comparing 2 situations at arent even remotely comparable in any fashion other than they both play QB.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

"Never made that argument ".. is your brain with your fingers as they are typing or nah?

You made the identical argument even starting with almost the same exact phrase "look at Smith's stats last year". In fact, I'd be willing to bet nico lifted the entire premise from your dumb brains lol

Yep and now he has 8 more TD's...and 1 more win!  

So, just like I was saying before 

Mahomes >>>>> Smith  just like I said in the posts you've quoted (but you didnt bold those part, jeez, wonder why?)

But keep trying to make this out to be something it's not.  It's adorable. 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Mahomes is electric, I'd take him over Smith 10000000x on Sunday. 

Just now, JiF said:

Yep and now he has 8 more TD's...and 1 more win!  

So, just like I was saying before 

Mahomes >>>>> Smith  just like I said in the posts you've quoted (but you didnt bold those part, jeez, wonder why?)

But keep trying to make this out to be something it's not.  It's adorable. 

1) I only bolded the parts where you said exactly the same thing as nico since that is the point I made that you refuted

2) Your initial post actually compared Smith favorably to Mahommes (better comp % and less turnovers) and it was only after I was making you eat those words that you later conceded Mahommes played better. Read the first post I quoted and tell me how that is at all different than what Nico said? (Its not)

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

So yeah, 8 TD's later, he's exactly what I said he was, 1000x that of Alex Smith.  But people like you acting like his situation doesnt benefit him is bizarre.  It's like you're desperately trying to throw cold water on Darnold comparing 2 situations at arent even remotely comparable in any fashion other than they both play QB.

The only people viewing Mahommes talk in the context of they boo Darnold is you, nico and Helen of troy.

I dont believe I mentioned Darnold in a single post in that thread.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

1) I only bolded the parts where you said exactly the same thing as nico since that is the point I made that you refuted

2) Your initial post actually compared Smith favorably to Mahommes (better comp % and less turnovers) and it was only after I was making you eat those words that you later conceded Mahommes played better. Read the first post I quoted and tell me how that is at all different than what Nico said? (Its not)

False.  Shouldnt have even responded to this garbage. 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Not a single post. 

Just now, JiF said:

False.  Shouldnt have even responded to this garbage. 

It's ok jif, you said it though, and will continue walking it back by claiming to mean something other than what you said very clearly in the first post any time its brought up.

Looking forward to where its at by the end of the year.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not a single post. 

I said I didnt mention in the original thread we had that debate (Pat's vs chiefs).

In this thread now, with Nico making your argument, the clear Darnold motivation was brought up by another poster.

RIF Jif

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's ok jif, you said it though, and will continue walking it back by claiming to mean something other than what you said very clearly in the first post any time its brought up.

Looking forward to where its at by the end of the year.

Great.  You can repeat it all you want;

Mahomes is 1000x better than Smith but that system really is QB friendly.

OMG!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!  JIF SAID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I said I didnt mention in the original thread we had that debate (Pat's vs chiefs).

In this thread now, with Nico making your argument, the clear Darnold motivation was brought up by another poster.

RIF Jif

Not once, did you mention Darnold.  Not once.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Not once, did you mention Darnold.  Not once.

"In that thread" clearly means the thread I was referencing not this thread you blockhead.

You have turned into an amalgamation of smash and nico. 

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

The only people viewing Mahommes talk in the context of they boo Darnold is you, nico and Helen of troy.

I dont believe I mentioned Darnold in a single post in that thread.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lol that you left the rest out.. weak

You're right CTM.  You got me.  I bow down before you.  I'll even do you a solid and summarize the defeat you've handed me:

Mahomes is 1000x better than Smith but Smith played very well in that offense.  I wonder what Mahomes would look like in a different system.

BOOOOOMMMM!!!  FACE TIME!!!  IN YOUR EYE, JIF!!!!!!!!   YOU ARE SOOOO DUMB!!!!!!!! SUCH A FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAY TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived