Khalil Mack couldn't protect a 20-0 lead.

Defense Wins Championships

I seen so many fans literally crown Khalil Mack and Chicago while being up 20-0. 

And just like that.

Just like his playing days of Oakland; the best Khalil Mack could do was lead his defense to another loss (and weren't they top 10... without him?)

It's Super Bowl or bust for both of Khalil Mack and Chicago.

You don't trade away two 1st round draft picks for a 27 year old Defensive player along with paying him elite Franchise QB money worth $23.5 million dollars per year for anything less (than a SB title). 

How can Chicago improve their current team moving forward without two 1st round draft picks along with being forced to pay Khalil Mack $23.5M per?

What I seen tonight was an All-Time Great QB in Aaron Rodgers (who's worth every penny of his contract) actually lead his team to a victory from down 20-0...

All while a Khalil Mack led defense allowed it to happen and couldn't stop it. 

There is a difference between a winning Superstar (Aaron Rodgers) and an overrated individual sack master (Khalil Mack). 

You don't trade away two 1st round draft picks for an OLB/DE along with being forced to pay him $23,500,000 per year. You just don't.

And Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers just proved why. 

Not even Khalil Mack could stop the greatest Green Bay Packers 4th quarter Comeback of All-Time (the type of embarrassing loss Chicago may never recover from here in 2018). 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nico002 said:

Mack couldn’t elevate the Raiders defense to be even middle of the pack- they literally were putrid.

Chicago spent the 2nd overall pick on Tim Tebow and them mortaged their future for a guy with 1-2 prime years left.

That's why I didn't want the Jets getting him. Waaaay too expensive.

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Agreed, but Rogers proved there he is unbelievable. I don't think Brady could have done that on a gimpy knee pulling out this victory.

Oh yes. Rodgers gets full credit for winning this one. No way Cindy does it. Rodgers is unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Mack couldn’t elevate the Raiders defense to be even middle of the pack- they literally were putrid.

Chicago spent the 2nd overall pick on Tim Tebow and them mortaged their future for a guy with 1-2 prime years left.

Don't ya think this statement is a bit much ?

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I seen so many fans literally crown Khalil Mack and Chicago while being up 20-0. 

And just like that.

Just like his playing days of Oakland; the best Khalil Mack could do was lead his defense to another loss (and weren't they top 10... without him?)

You don't trade away two 1st round draft picks for a 27 year old Defensive player along with paying him elite Franchise QB money worth $23.5 million dollars per year for anything less (than a SB title). 

How can Chicago improve their current team moving forward without two 1st round draft picks along with being forced to pay Khalil Mack $23.5M per?

What I seen tonight was an All-Time Great QB in Aaron Rodgers (who's worth every penny of his contract) actually lead his team to a victory from down 20-0...

There is a difference between a winning Superstar (Aaron Rodgers) and an overrated individual sack master (Khalil Mack). 

You don't trade away two 1st round draft picks for an OLB/DE along with being forced to pay him $23,500,000 per year. You just don't.

Not even Khalil Mack could stop the greatest Green Bay Packers 4th quarter Comeback of All-Time (the type of embarrassing loss Chicago may never recover from here in 2018). 

You wouldn’t trade lee and Leonard for Mack??

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Even with the 4th down penalty that gave them a fresh set of downs trubisky couldn't move the offense. That's more dissapointing  if you're a bears fan

Absolutely ! Crushing defeat for the Bears to their arch rivals no less.

14 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Mack played his arsh off. Can't blame this loss solely on him as your misleading title suggests. Bears couldn't score diddly in the 2nd half. They score just one more FG and they win.

He did absolutely nothing during the 2nd half once Aaron Rodgers returned. 

And Chicago's offense shouldn't of had to do anything while up 20-0 and up 17 points during the 4th.

If Khalil Mack was "Lawrence Taylor" or an elite player worth two 1st round draft picks he doesn't allow a 20 point second half comeback (to begin with) along with doing nothing at all in order to prevent the biggest Green Bay Packers 4th quarter comeback of All-Time (Franchise history). 

It's Super Bowl or bust for Khalil Mack and Chicago as a franchise.

You can never blame Chicago's offense again.

Mack is being paid elite Franchise Quarterback money and cost his team two 1st round picks. 

If Mack needs to depend on Chicago's "Quarterback"? Well, then; he isn't who Chicago thought he was...

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He did absolutely nothing during the 2nd half once Aaron Rodgers returned. 

And Chicago's offense shouldn't of had to do anything while up 20-0 and up 17 points during the 4th.

If Khalil Mack was "Lawrence Taylor" or an elite player worth two 1st round draft picks he doesn't allow a 20 point second half comeback (to begin) with along with doing nothing at all in order to prevent the biggest Green Bay Packers 4th quarter comeback of All-Time (Franchise history). 

It's Super Bowl or bust for Khalil Mack and Chicago as a franchise.

You can never blame Chicago's offense again.

Mack is being paid elite Franchise Quarterback money and cost his team two 1st round picks. 

If Mack needs to depend on Chicago's "Quarterback"? Well, then; he isn't who Chicago thought he was...

:rl:    You're too much with this one !

Well our GM agrees with you.

Rodgers and Mack are two of the best in the biz. Elite QB play trumps everything.

id happily pay mack that contract but you need those rookie contracts usually to lock up young contributors on their rookie deals if all goes right:

Nothing on Mack’s level but some pass rushers should shake loose next off-season

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And just like that.

How many points did the Bears offense score?  16?  That ain't beating anyone.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Mack is awesome.  He can be their Revis for the next 3-5 years.  The team won't be very good, but they will have "Mack for DPOY" to root for every season.

Please don't ever put Mack's name within the same sentence as that of Darrelle Revis, ever again. Please. And thank you. 

Darrelle Revis actually elevated his entire defense while Khalil Mack never has. 

#24 truly led a "would have been" above average defense and elevated his defense to the brink of greatness.

Revis himself without question led our Franchise to back to back AFC Championship Game appearances (behind crap QB play) and shut down QB's such as Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady (all on the road) while completely eliminating their #1 WR's (all at the same damn time). 

Khalil Mack? 4 seasons consisting of 1 winning season (wild card loss with 0 sacks) and 3 losing season(s) and failed to ever lead his Oakland Raider defenses to anything more than mediocre) laughing stock status. 

You have your opinion.  Hasn't changed I see.  You give no credit to a great OL and running game.  It was Revis and 52 guys.  

Revis was a great player who, because he was a defensive player, could not elevate his team to a SB by himself.  Mack will be the same.  Bears fans will look at him as the best thing about their season.  Just like we did.

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It is funny fans judge him on 1 game lol

Hey, I'm judging what I see.  I see a great defensive player who I'd love to have on this team.  I also don't blame him for the loss at all.  CHI has 11 guys on the field at any given time.  Reminded me of ATL in the SB.  They stopped playing before the 60-minute mark.  Shame on them.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Hey, I'm judging what I see.  I see a great defensive player who I'd love to have on this team.  I also don't blame him for the loss at all.  CHI has 11 guys on the field at any given time.  Reminded me of ATL in the SB.  They stopped playing before the 60-minute mark.  Shame on them.

Exactly right. Football is the ultimate team sport next to war. It's a team effort that's needed in order to win.

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Exactly right. Football is the ultimate team sport next to war. It's a team effort that's needed in order to win.

Okay then but why pay 1 guy $23M (or whatever it was) when he can’t make that much of a difference anyway?

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Poor coaching.. we all know that too well. Time and time again we have seen coaches let up with a nice lead and play mr conservative. That strategy almost always Fails. You have to go for the jugular 

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Who would win in a long post-off, this guy or warfish?

Also, just a super small LOL but try not to start a super long post indented to provide deep insight with I seen.

Good job ! I missed that. Must be I ain't never seen it. ;-)

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

People have been doing it all day here with lots of different people.  BTW: When do you change your avatar? I'm assuming sometime after Sam takes his 1st snap.

You are exactly right Thai.. 1st snap!?‍♂️? hopefully our Weak OL will protect him so I can keep same avatar for next 17 years ?‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And just like that.

Still an idiot.

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

How many points did the Bears offense score?  16?  That ain't beating anyone.

Well, then, Chicago shouldn't have never given up two 1st round draft picks along with a contract worth $150 million dollars if they "lacked an offense". 

You see...

The Rams had every right to pay Aaron Donald long term. They drafted him. And didn't have to give up no two 1st round draft picks in order to re sign their star defender. And they also already had an awesome offensive attack in place with Goff & Gurley as a deadly 1-2 punch of an elite QB/RB duo. 

Chicago on the other hand? They made a desperate trade as a historic Franchise who's been in desperation (while coming off a 5-11 season).  

I laughed at Chicago at the time of the trade and am laughing at them even more as of tonight right now. 

If anyone really thought that "Khalil Mack" would put his Bears team over the top and over the likes of Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers and/or a stacked Minnesota Vikings team (let alone the likes of the Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Rams) I'd have to question their insight and overall football judgement...

Super Bowl or bust for Khalil Mack the player and Chicago Bears the Franchise and to allow a 20 point (17 point 4th Quarter) comeback is a laughing stock joke of a start. 

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Okay then but why pay 1 guy $23M (or whatever it was) when he can’t make that much of a difference anyway?

That's prob one reason why Macc didn't bring him here. We aren't going anywhere in the near future. That $$ is better spent on several younger players.

53 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And just like that.

Which is it? Did Khalil Mack steal your girlfriend, or does she wear his jersey to bed?

Archived