Khalil Mack couldn't protect a 20-0 lead.

Defense Wins Championships

Nothing against Khalil, but I don't like these block-buster trades and I don't think they ever work out for the one getting the player. You need a complete team and you need your cap and draft picks to get you there. I don't like the idea of paying this kind of money for the QB, but for a pass rusher. Even if he were to generate 2 sacks a game, last nights game shows that you can have a huge defensive play in the beginning of the game and still get creamed. Just my opinion of course.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst feeling in the world is when your team is losing but you don't have a first round pick.  Chicago might be in serious trouble if Trubisky doesn't pan out.  If they get top 5 picks in the next two drafts,  then Gruden and the Raiders would look like geniuses.  Meanwhile, the Jets defense had an amazing defensive performance even without Mack.  It's only one game but still.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Anyone else digging the irony that the OP’s name is defense wins championships. 

Defense can win you championships; but you've first gotta build it the right way. 

And unfortunately for Chicago, you're never supposed to give away two 1st round draft picks along with $23.5 million dollars per season for no 27 year old (non-qb) of a defensive player.

At least not for a player who's both never won anything (college or the pro's) and throughout his first 4 years of NFL play has never been able to elevate his Defenses past anything other than below mediocre status. 

But I guess unless you're harping all over and criticizing current Jet players you're not allowed to point out other individual players failures, but sorry; sport's doesn't quite work like that. Not on my watch it doesn't. 

2017's Oakland Raiders Defense:

• 20th in points allowed.

• 24th in defensive sacks.

• 27th in yards allowed per play.

• 30th in QB Rating against.

• 31st in turnovers forced.

• 32nd in defensive INT's.

Yea. Right.

Some "difference maker" this guy is... Not. 

Throughout his first 4 years in Oakland his Franchise combined for a losing record of 28-36 (.437%) in which consisted of only 1 winning season (wild card loss where Khalil Mack choked with 0 sacks) when in comparison to 3 losing seasons. 

Yea. Right.

Some "franchise changer" that guy is... Not. 

And weren't the Chicago Bears alredy a top 10 Defensive before the arrival of Khalil Mack?

But yet couldn't protect a 20 point 2nd half lead and allowed the biggest 4th quarter comeback within Green Bay Packers Franchise history all while on Khalil Mack's watch? Absolutely hilarious. 

This guy is an individual sack artist who's never been able to elevate his Defense(s) and is nothing like an L.T, Ray Lewis or even a Darrelle Revis who (in his prime) could completely shut down a passing attack while single handedly eliminating opposing QB's #1 WR options. 

Khalil Mack and his little career average of 0.65 sacks per game isn't going to cut it (and never has been good enough cut it). 

And please stop pretending as if he's the greatest pass rusher alive and/or the last one to ever be drafted as 8 players recorded more sacks in 2016 and 14 others recorded more sacks than Khalil Mack just last year alone. 

The Raiders in closing will become the big winners as they'll now have 4 1st round draft picks over the next two years in order to build around their QB position in Derek Carr all while Chicago will continue looking up to the likes of Minnesota, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Atlanta and the Rams (to name a few). 

5 years from today (while Khalil Mack is 32 years old and no longer in his prime) the Chicago Bears trade will be looked @ as an epic failure and one of the worst Football trades of All-Time.

I can list you off a lot of former QB & RB League MVP's and OLB/DE isn't one of them (1986 and counting).

The Raiders fleeced the Bears and will now have 4 1st round draft picks over the next two years because of it. 

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Defense can win you championships; but you've first gotta build it the right way. 

And unfortunately for Chicago, you're never supposed to give away two 1st round draft picks along with $23.5 million dollars per season for no 27 year old (non-qb) of a defensive player.

At least not for a player who's both never won anything (college or the pro's) and throughout his first 4 years of NFL play has never been able to elevate his Defenses past anything other than below mediocre status. 

But I guess unless you're harping all over and criticizing current Jet players you're not allowed to point out other individual players failures, but sorry; sport's doesn't quite work like that. Not on my watch it doesn't. 

2017's Oakland Raiders Defense:

• 20th in points allowed.

• 24th in defensive sacks.

• 27th in yards allowed per play.

• 30th in QB Rating against.

• 31st in turnovers forced.

• 32nd in defensive INT's.

Yea. Right.

Some "difference maker" this guy is... Not. 

Throughout his first 4 years in Oakland his Franchise combined for a losing record of 28-36 (.437%) in which consisted of only 1 winning season (wild card loss where Khalil Mack choked with 0 sacks) when in comparison to 3 losing seasons. 

Yea. Right.

Some "franchise changer" that guy is... Not. 

And weren't the Chicago Bears alredy a top 10 Defensive before the arrival of Khalil Mack?

But yet couldn't protect a 20 point 2nd half lead and allowed the biggest 4th quarter comeback within Green Bay Packers Franchise history all while on Khalil Mack's watch? Absolutely hilarious. 

This guy is an individual sack artist who's never been able to elevate his Defense(s) and is nothing like an L.T, Ray Lewis or even a Darrelle Revis who (in his prime) could completely shut down a passing attack while single handedly eliminating opposing QB's #1 WR options. 

Khalil Mack and his little career average of 0.65 sacks per game isn't going to cut it (and never has been good enough cut it). 

And please stop pretending as if he's the greatest pass rusher alive and/or the last one to ever be drafted as 8 players recorded more sacks in 2016 and 14 others recorded more sacks than Khalil Mack just last year alone. 

The Raiders in closing will become the big winners as they'll now have 4 1st round draft picks over the next two years in order to build around their QB position in Derek Carr all while Chicago will continue looking up to the likes of Minnesota, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Atlanta and the Rams (to name a few). 

5 years from today (while Khalil Mack is 32 years old and no longer in his prime) the Chicago Bears trade will be looked @ as an epic failure and one of the worst Football trades of All-Time.

I can list you off a lot of former QB & RB League MVP's and OLB/DE isn't one of them (1986 and counting).

The Raiders fleeced the Bears and will now have 4 1st round draft picks over the next two years because of it. 

but shouldn't a top 10 Defense who just added an elite edge rusher win a championship?

rodgers is the reason mack couldn’t get on the field in the second half, they kept running the hurry up offense keeping the bears from making any subs on 3rd down... remember Mack missed the entire offseason so they were really only using him in pass rush situations. he’s still a game wrecker and will play more as the season goes on

On 9/11/2018 at 11:35 AM, CanadaSteve said:

We will agree to disagree Vill.....

I don't think he is enough of a difference maker to warrant that contract.  Von Miller?  Yeah. 

Oh, AND two first round picks.  Just too much to pay.

Von Miller cost two first round picks, depending on one's point of view. A pick that high can be traded for two #1 picks.

And if Mack plays like this, he is Von Miller. A pick 6, a FF and FR, a sack, and 5 hurries -- including the QB pressure that should have ended the game, seeing as how it induced Rodgers to throw a game-ending easy pick to Fuller that was simply dropped. And that's with him off the field outright for a third of the game -- a game that itself was after sitting out since last season ended; then 1 week practicing with a team of new faces, new scheme, new coaches, etc. 

It's hard to downplay his game. The guy's great.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:37 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

Mack did his job. The Bears O failed to do theirs by accomplishing nothing in the second half to preserve the lead. And heck, they had 3 minutes on the clock to get a FG to win the game. I've not seen much of Trubitsky, but in that game he was not a very accurate passer.

I’m not a big Trubisky guy either he looks like a low rent Blake Bortles to me

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Von Miller cost two first round picks, depending on one's point of view. A pick that high can be traded for two #1 picks.

And if Mack plays like this, he is Von Miller. A pick 6, a FF and FR, a sack, and 5 hurries -- including the QB pressure that should have ended the game, seeing as how it induced Rodgers to throw a game-ending easy pick to Fuller that was simply dropped. And that's with him off the field outright for a third of the game -- a game that itself was after sitting out since last season ended; then 1 week practicing with a team of new faces, new scheme, new coaches, etc. 

Mack is a great player, but this reminds me of what Sparky Anderson said after game 4 of the Reds sweep of the Yankess in 1976 when a reporter asked him to compare Thurman Munson, who had a great series, to Johnny Bench. " Don't ever compare anyone to Johnny Bench."

How many sacks, INT'S, fumbles forced and defensive TD's did Khalil Mack have come the postseason during his wildcard loss? Exactly. A combined total of 0. Crickets. 

One can say that he choked under playoff pressure when it mattered most.

Heaven forbid it were a Jet who put up a goose egg during the Playoffs but because he were an Oakland Raider it's ignored. Not by me it's not. 

I will continue to mention his career losing record, mock his career losing percentage, harp all over his allowed 2nd half and 20 point come from behind loss, laugh at his playoff choke job under pressure with 0 sacks, highlight the fact that he's never once elevated his defense to anything outside of below mediocre status and/or continue to mention how he's been in the league for 5 years with only 1 winning season when in comparison to 3 losing season(s) and now 0-1 during his 5th year. 

Or, are only current and former Jet player's allowed to receive and get this type of fan treatment?  Funny. Guess I've learned from the best lol.

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We're still talking about this? 

The funniest part of it all is that I'm a madman genius and I've simply mocked Khalil Mack throughout my every post of this thread with the same exact type of loser mentally that Jet player's receive on a daily basis from our Jets fan base but because he's not a former or current Jet? They haven't liked it, not one bit lol.  

giphy.gif

And I've loved every moment of it too. 

Darrelle Revis holds out and he's then attacked like never before and treated as if he's a POS scumbag of a locker room cancer because of it (despite back to back AFC Championship Games and being our most dominant player within Franchise history).

Khalil Mack holds out and he's a saint through the eyes of Jet fans.

It's hypocritical to say the least but I've enjoyed every second of it nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The funniest part of it all is that I'm a madman genius and I've simply mocked Khalil Mack throughout my every post of this thread with the same exact type of loser mentally that Jet player's receive on a daily basis from our Jets fan base but because he's not a former or current Jet? They haven't liked it, not one bit lol.  

giphy.gif

Darrelle Revis holds out and he's then attacked like never before and treated as if he's a POS scumbag of a locker room cancer because of it (despite back to back AFC Championship Games and being our most dominant player within Franchise history).

It's hypocritical to say the least but I've enjoyed every second of it nonetheless. 

We're still talking about this?

The problem is not Mack, it is this: If you go and spend two first round picks on an edge rusher, you better make sure you have your franchise QB, and I'm not convinced Trubisky is that. In the context of the 2018 QB draft class, Trubisky would be rated about on par with Mason Rudolph. Yet the Bears charged ahead and traded up to the No. 2 pick for him. I didn't understand it back then, and I don't understand it right now. He's very ordinary in all aspects.

56 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The problem is not Mack, it is this: If you go and spend two first round picks on an edge rusher, you better make sure you have your franchise QB, and I'm not convinced Trubisky is that. In the context of the 2018 QB draft class, Trubisky would be rated about on par with Mason Rudolph. Yet the Bears charged ahead and traded up to the No. 2 pick for him. I didn't understand it back then, and I don't understand it right now. He's very ordinary in all aspects.

Exactly. 

It's super bowl or bust for both Khalil Mack and the Chicago Bears because you don't trade away multiple 1st rounders for anything less. 

As if trading away multiple 1st round draft picks for "Khalil Mack" will have Chicago leapfrog the likes of Minnesota and Green Bay within their division let alone the likes of Philadelphia and Los Angeles Rams.

You know who are the real winners? John Gruden and the soon to be Las Vegas Raiders.

As they'll now have 4 1st round draft picks over the next two offseasons in order to build around their QB position and Derek Carr (and all of which will be high lottery picks) along with not being forced to pay over $23.5 million dollars per year in available cap space (for a Player who's never been able to elevate his defense(s) past anything other than below mediocre status). 

The Raiders fleeced the Bears and the trade of Khalil Mack for the Bears will go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history especially considering the fact they will never make the playoffs with Minnesota and Green Bay dominating their division and now zero chance to overcome the likes of the Eagles and Rams; They are royally screwed. 

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

giphy.gif

If it makes you feel better They think Le’Veon is pos scum bag for holding out too . 

On 9/13/2018 at 8:56 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

He had a great game no doubt.  I doubt he has a pick 6, an FF and FR, a sack, and 5 hurries every game.

That said, I would still rather have my 2 first round picks.  Now, come and ask me in two years after what Mac does with those two picks, and I will tell you if my opinion on this non-trade has changed  :)

Archived