# Jets vs Lions -- Season Opener on MNF --- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

It is game day Jets fans. The season is here and the Jets will roll out their shiny new QB in Sam Darnold on Monday Night Football. We are in Detroit and we got to the stadium before the Lions got on the stadium.

Let's go Jets!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSA:  the line is like Jets +250

I don't bet often.  Last time was a few years ago when Jets lost to Pats on a missed last second FG.  They were huge underdogs.

At +250, plus all the new NJ betting sites now offering promotions...

$250 ends up as a $1,750 payout.  Not too shabby.  The site/promo I used doubled the initial deposit.

Darnold is so much of an unkown that this seems like a one time opportunity to take advantage of the odds.

47 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

PSA:  the line is like Jets +250

I don't bet often.  Last time was a few years ago when Jets lost to Pats on a missed last second FG.  They were huge underdogs.

At +250, plus all the new NJ betting sites now offering promotions...

$250 ends up as a $1,750 payout.  Not too shabby.  The site/promo I used doubled the initial deposit.

Darnold is so much of an unkown that this seems like a one time opportunity to take advantage of the odds.

Bet the entire Non-Prototype Retirement Account.  Trust me.  You can thank me later.

Good luck to the team tonight, lets hope for a good competitive showing from our Jets with a minimum of injuries.

We've a history of embarrassment on big National TV games (Monday Night Miracle notwithstanding), so it;d be nice to kick off the new Darnold-Era with a good showing on the biggest stage, win or lose.

Go Jets!

Obviously excited to see Darnold. But another thing I want to see is our defense play fast and aggressive. I want to see Bowles dial it up. Bring the heat. Send all 11. 12 if that is what it takes. If we can’t get to the QB, I want to see Bowles himself blitz from the sideline. 

I think this game is a good microcosm of the Jets’ 2018 season. 

Kirwan and the other guys on Moving the Chains both picked Detroit.  In addition to home field, the way they looked at it was that the Jets has the 25th ranked defense, THE DEFENSE WAS NOT REALLY IMPROVED this off season, the Lions finished the season  with the 10th best offense, and the rookie Darnold will not be able to keep up with the Lions.  

This is the whole point of most of the threads on this site.  We have Tremaine, Claiborne as a number 2, no more Wilk, and players reaching their peak.  The defense is supposed to be and needs to be much better.  If it is not, there is a bigger problem. 

Darnold will get there with some time, one way or the other.  I am watching the defense. 

Archived