# Jets vs Lions -- Season Opener on MNF --- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

I get it Joe Likes Sam and what is not to like?

All I am saying is that it is a bit like the old saw that a certain market prognosticator has accurately predicted eleven of the last two market crashes.

I like Sam too so it is all good.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yep. That conversation is my current avatar. One of my favorite moments of that show is seeing Namath's unabashed glee for Darnold.

Namath has been spot on so far with Chad, Sanchez, Geno. He like Chad but said the key will be about him staying healthy, and he wasn't a fan of Sanchez and Geno. He loves Darnold. I love Darnold. I love Namath. Ipso facto, Namath loves me.

I love the video of the moment you have in your avatar:  "young sir, God bless you"   LOVE IT!!!  haha  It's like Joe is saying what we all are thinking!

2 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

I have no idea on Darnold, but I am confident that Stafford is going to light up Bowles. 

Don't be so confident.

When Todd Bowles had an elite secondary for Arizona (2013/2014)?

Matthew Stafford went 0-2 against a Todd Bowles led defense (2013/2014).

And also looked like complete dog crap during the 2nd matchup (2014) with a QB Rating of only 63.6.  

Matthew Stafford had Calvin Johnson and still went 0-2 against a Todd Bowles led defense...

So why would you ever say such a thing?

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Nervous?  Why?  We suck.  We're not winning anything this year.  

With all due respect but we all read about and heard these same types of remarks throughout 2009 under a rookie Mark Sanchez. That team ended up making consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances. 

I'm passionately confident in this 2018 Jets team behind a soon to be top 5 defense and an offense who can light it up behind Sam Darnold. 

Enjoy our Monday Night Football season opener; as it'll become the start of our 1st postseason run since dating back to 2010. 

Other than Sam, 7 players I really want to see in meaningful game action

1. Nathaniel Shepperd, DL - Looked good in pre-season, was it legit or a fluke?
  2. Chris Herndon, TE - Does he show potential to be a NFL #1 TE - can he be the guy?
  3. Terrell Pryor, WR - Is it possible he could be what he was before?  Does he even flash that potential?
  4. Isaiah Crowell, RB - How do they use him, can be move the chains, can he stay on the field?
  5. Avery Williamson, LB -  didn't see much of him in the pre-season but he drew some rave reviews from coaches and players in the off season 
  6. Frankie Luvu, LB - Is it even fair to hope a UDFA can emerge as a solid pass rush option or is he JAG?
  7. Derrick Jones, CB - Started camp like a monster but the hype seemed to taper off a bit - can he contribute in the secondary or is he mainly a special teams guy?

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

With all due respect but we all read about and heard these same types of remarks throughout 2009 under a rookie Mark Sanchez. That team ended up making consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances. 

I'm passionately confident in this 2018 Jets team behind a soon to be top 5 defense and an offense who can light it up behind Sam Darnold. 

Enjoy our Monday Night Football season opener; as it'll become the start of our 1st postseason run since dating back to 2010. 

I'm thinking like 4-6 wins and that's fine.  It's all about Darnold. 

Archived