Doris Burke- MNF are you Kinding me?

themeangreenkillingmachine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I feel like I fall. In the majority, no problem with a woman calling the game, big problem with a horrible voice (regardless of gender) calling the game

Thats me.

Griese sucks too though.  If you pay attention, he gets people's name wrong all the tine in the broadcast, and he is bland.

So you have 2 announcers, 1 with a voice made for silent films, and 1 who doesnt know what he is talking about.

12 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I thought she was a basketball commentator? I cannot stand her voice. Her and this High school commentator is like listening to nails scratching a chalkboard. Her tone of voice sounds like your local news reporter reporting the weather. 

I can't help but think that ESPN's decision to go with her lies behind all of the feminists that have gotten into ESPN. Feminists were probably complaining that the commentator crews lacked diversity. anybody who disagrees with Doris Burke being the lead commentator is a sexist and bigot. 

Women do have their place in commentating, Doris is good at Basketball [but I still can't stand her voice]. there's a woman who does the ESPN baseball games [she actually has a nice voice]. women are great sideline reporters, but please I don't need Doris Burke explaining football 101 to me.

here we go... call me a sexist bigot

If you are going to rant you should at least have a clue what the hell you are talking about.  I am not a Beth Mowin fan but she is a college football announcer and not a basketball announcer like Doris Burke. The “high school commentator “ that you called out was Brian Griese who also calls college games and was an NFL QB.  

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Thats me.

Griese sucks too though.  If you pay attention, he gets people's name wrong all the tine in the broadcast, and he is bland.

So you have 2 announcers, 1 with a voice made for silent films, and 1 who doesnt know what he is talking about.

Yup. It was absolutely terrible all around. Irritating, at best. I also thought it was a guy at first and wondered if he was 12 years old. I had to turn the sound down just to tolerate it. 

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Thats me.

Yup. It was absolutely terrible all around. Irritating, at best. I also thought it was a guy at first and wondered if he was 12 years old. I had to turn the sound down just to tolerate it. 

17 minutes ago, Joejet said:

If you are going to rant you should at least have a clue what the hell you are talking about.  I am not a Beth Mowin fan but she is a college football announcer and not a basketball announcer like Doris Burke. The “high school commentator “ that you called out was Brian Griese who also calls college games and was an NFL QB.  

I didn't like Griese.   He got a lot of people's names wrong, and just didn't offer much to the whole production.  I know who he is, and who his dad was, I just didn't care for him.  No real personality, not someone I want to listen to.

Think is, Beth knows what she is talking about, she made some nice points, like when Jamal Adams had the big hit for a loss (running play) she showed how the nose tackle blew the play up.  It's just her voice.   My wife showed a you tube video of her doing an interview, and it's not nearly as bad when she is just talking.   It's like she knows she is in the booth, and over enunciates every word. 

11 hours ago, talisaynon said:

I think she’s great.

I do too.  I lover her style.  I loved the delivery and the voice.  It was old school and fun.

The content was awful.  The dude announces were like sleeping pills.

She basically carried the entire broadcast.  Those other dudes are ******* terrible.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I do too.  I lover her style.  I loved the delivery and the voice.  It was old school and fun.

The content was awful.  The dude announces were like sleeping pills.

She basically carried the entire broadcast.  Those other dudes are ******* terrible.  

They were all terrible lol

Just now, CTM said:

Haha.. how progressive of you.

To each their own I guess.  I like her style.  The other duds in the booth were terrible.  I felt bad for her.  She had to make up for 2 sticks in the mud.  If it werent for her, it would have been the most boring broadcast in the history of sports. 

26 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I just don't understand how ESPN can shell out bags and bags of money for monday night football and then promote it with their D squad announcing team.

Seems counter intuitive to me.

They put the D team to announce a D team.  Hopefully Sammy and the rest of the squad earn the big time announcers in the future.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

To each their own I guess.  I like her style.  The other duds in the booth were terrible.  I felt bad for her.  She had to make up for 2 sticks in the mud.  If it werent for her, it would have been the most boring broadcast in the history of sports. 

I'm not arguing on the other 2, imo it was by far the worst pro broadcast I'd ever heard. Sounded like I was listening to a high school football game on Am radio.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Her content was pretty good, and she had to fill 90% of the space because no one else said anything.  To me, it is just her voice.   Not her knowledge, just her voice.

Up here in Connecticut I miss a lot of Jets games.  So I never heard the female announcer until last night, but heard a ton of bad about her.  I was waiting to find out what was so terrible about her.

The answer is....nothing.  She did a nice professional job, about the only thing I disagreed with is on the first touchdown drive she was too quick to pronounce a No Catch on that key pass that touched the ground but was ruled caught.  But so did Brian Griese. 

Got no  problem with her announcing at all.  "Oooh she has a Midwestern accent".  Yeah, so?

U

16 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

sound exactly like Burke. probably because she's trying to do that news reporter voice [like tricia takanawa from Family Guy]

anyways I've been waiting 9 months to watch my team, and this is the sh*t I get. Her co-commentator is atrocious as well. 

If that brings the Jets good luck like last night, she can be my announcer all year and 10 of the next.

17 hours ago, kwortman1 said:

Uh, Beth Mowens is the commentator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.  Her voice--or more specifically the incessant "yuks" she added to almost every word (prouncing a word like Gino as "Chee-no)--was making me nuts.  The wife noticed it, too.  No way she can be the best female game announcer out there.  Had me longing for Ian Eagle, who I despise.

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Correct.  Her voice--or more specifically the incessant "yuks" she added to almost every word (prouncing a word like Gino as "Chee-no)--was making me nuts.  The wife noticed it, too.  No way she can be the best female game announcer out there.  Had me longing for Ian Eagle, who I despise.

Ian Eagle, the best female game announcer?

Archived